Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for Social Care Work / Employment Agencies in London

• 09-09-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

NEED ADVICE/INFO from those working in the social care field in London

I have graduated with a BA(hons) in Social Care from CIT. I would love to move to London and work in social care, I have some experience such as one school that worked with children with various different disabilities and in two different youth centres that worked with early school leavers and vulnerable youths from various backgrounds, Youth Work is an area within Social Care that I am extremely interested in pursuing as a career but I cannot seem to get my foot in the door due to my lack of experience. However, I feel that I have gained valuable experience from one my previous employments as a Childcare Assistant in a crèche that provided an after schools service and through both my work placements in the youth centres in Cork city,

I have a genuine interest in helping and working with people, I feel it comes naturally to me and so I am really passionate about my work and I want to pursue a career in social care / youth work. I have tried sending my cv through online portals to 20 odd agencies in the London area but I have not heard one word back (is it like a black hole), does anyone live in London that could guide me in the right direction towards organisations or agencies as I know very little about employment agencies in the UK and would be willing to go over and meet with an agency.

Any advice would be appreciated. Kelly

Comments

Advertisement