Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PW Betting Thread - *Latest PPV Result Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

****ing hell, I was wondering if I'd bet too much by putting €40 on Orton.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

William Hill were offering odds on last years mania.

Thread on it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71497355

Think i might lumpon The Rock and Sheamo,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'd have put my house on Jerry the king Lawlor beating M Cole last year but it didnt happen.

The only shoe-in is Taker surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Beefy78 wrote: »
    ****ing hell, I was wondering if I'd bet too much by putting €40 on Orton.

WWE could ruin a fair few bets with a Kane win. But Orton is clearly going to pick up the W

I'd have thought so, but Orton has been dominating the feud up until now. If they're planning on extending it until the next PPV, a Kane win can't be ruled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

TheTwiz wrote: »
    I just bet €2,000 on Randy Orton to win. When he wins i'll win €1,000. Not bad

I bet 2,000,000.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I honestly don't believe they let you place a 2k bet on a novelty market. You are more than welcome to prove me wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Show is the only one I'd be relatively sure about winning outside of Taker. Orton will probably win but there is a good chance Kane will have been promised a big win this year and this could be it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Barcelonafan

Does anyone think taker will lose??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Not with Paddy Power you didnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

CiaranC wrote: »

Damn straight he didn't.

The max bet PP is allowing you to put on any of the matches is €140.

Ao84_NECIAERmGA.jpg:large

Really wish they were allowing accumulators. Would be much more craic.

What will wwe think of everyone betting on taker to win at mania..change the outcome perhaps?naaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Liam O wrote: »
    Really wish they were allowing accumulators. Would be much more craic.

Its all going so well for GTR but then Middlesborough lose to Cardiff & he is out €800, accumulators NEVER AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so if taker is 1/7 how much would you have bet to win anything, or would you win anything at all? (know sfa about betting odds)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

krudler wrote: »
    so if taker is 1/7 how much would you have bet to win anything, or would you win anything at all? (know sfa about betting odds)

Basically 1 7th of whatever you bet plus your bet.

So if you put on a tenner for taker to win you will win €1.43 plus your tenner back. €11.43 altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Not much value lumping on Taker if the max is €114 you can bet.

Rhodes and Orton at 5/6 and 4/11 is worth a punt. If you can do a double then you'd get 5/2. I'm gonna go down to the bookies tomorrow and throw a hundred on that I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Reminds me of Who Shot Mr Burns, some Americans who knew the outcome came over and won loads from Irish and English bookies. May be tweet JR and see if he wants a cut of the action.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Not much value lumping on Taker if the max is €114 you can bet.

Rhodes and Orton at 5/6 and 4/11 is worth a punt. If you can do a double then you'd get 5/2. I'm gonna go down to the bookies tomorrow and throw a hundred on that I reckon.

Rhodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Twiz must have been using Ladbrokes :pac:

• Advertisement

Don't see any point why Big Slow would go over Rhodes. Worth a punt imo.

Can you bet on every match or just the four main events?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CiaranC wrote: »

Aye looks like the most you can win is 40 quid or so. :pac:

Don't see any point why Big Slow would go over Rhodes. Worth a punt imo.

Yeah I'm picking Rhodes over Show. I'm sure it's been hinted or rumoured before that the WWE were keen on having Rhodes break the record for longest IC reign so not sure what the point of him dropping the belt now will be.

Taker now 1/10.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My worry with Rhodes and Kane is they are the matches most likely to have screwy endings. I have been mucked up in predicitons before by getting winners wrong but title retentions right...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm picking Rhodes over Show. I'm sure it's been hinted or rumoured before that the WWE were keen on having Rhodes break the record for longest IC reign so not sure what the point of him dropping the belt now will be.

Rhodes to retain, but show to win the match. Maybe he will choke Cody out or something that leads into a no holds barred rematch.

Yeah I'd guess something like that will be the outcome but I'm not sure I'd be confident enough to put much cash behind it at the odds being offered.

The only real value bet I saw at the odds as they were last night was Daniel Bryan. I lumped on Orton but in the cold light of day I'm not sure how much value 1/2 is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd sooner back Jericho than Bryan.
    Even if he loses the rematch, they'll want the belt on Sheamus for the WM Revenge Tour to shift extra merchandise.

I can see something similar to Orton-Christian, with Punk snapping and getting himself DQ'ed, but retaining the title, and Jericho using his "victory" to continue the mind games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Taker now 1/10.
    Can just imagine the dudes in PP Head Office wondering why the heck everyone is backing this Undertaker dude and not HHH....... Oh wait.... 19 - 0:D

Advertisement