Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting rear speakers working in a 2001 Audi A4

• 09-12-2013 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a B5 Audi A4 Avant.

It is a non-Bose model and the rear speakers/sub are half amplified.

The car had an Sony HU in it when I bought it but I switched it for a JVC KDR-601. I dont have the original radio and the rear speakers weren't working when I bought it.

Having done reading I found that aftermarket HU's need a special harness to power the rear amp and speakers.

I bought an Autoleads PC9-401 harness which is designed to get the rear in these Audi's working again. In the picture below, the red connector is what supposedly gets the rear speakers/sub working.

I located all the block connectors and connected them up no problem. I connected the blue/white wire on the red connector to the blue/white wire on the JVC supplied harness.

I still have yet to hear the rear work though. A lot of people seem to have problems getting these working. I know running a new wire would work but ideally I'd like to get it working with the harness I bought as it is what is recommended.

Anyone else have any experience with these Audi systems? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I would fit a standard headunit (if you can) to varify the amp is actually working. A lot of these give trouble the amp fails on them ( common problem on the S3 also) unfortunately the amp and sub are one unit so you need to replace the lot.

Some people buy second hand and others upgrade with decent after market stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

It may be something as simple as the 12v supply missing from the amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Simply connect that blue wire sticking out from that red plug to the blue wire from the new radio marked as remote antenna, and your amp and rear speakers will come back from the dead.

Advertisement