Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-05-2012, 16:01   #1
eamor

annoyed with insurance company

I've no idea whether to post this in work & jobs or insurance ! Mods please move if its not appropriate here.

Basically I work for a HSE funded organisation. My salary comes from the HSE to said organisation. We are known as allied to the public sector insofar as salary scales, holidays, union agreements, public ire etc

Every month I pay into the HSE administered pension pot.
Now just to be clear, I am NOT a member of any union, public sector or otherwise. My car insurance is due for renewal & I need a particular type of indemnity. I asked around in work & lots of my colleagues are with the same financial institution & get this indemnity.

So I rang them. 'Can you give me insurance even though I am not in a union.' The answer was 'yes as long as you are in public sector'. Well I'm allied to the public sector and I pay into a public sector pension fund....'hmmmm nope sorry, can't cover you'....'Right, so if I said I was a member of 'insert union name here' would you cover me'...'Yes..... No Problem. '

I spoke to my HR manager & she has told me that there should not be an issue at all.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what advice I'm looking for really, it just really annoyed me !!!!

Last edited by eamor; 22-05-2012 at 16:02. Reason: POST TITLE CHANGE
Advertisement
22-05-2012, 16:02   #2
kippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamor View Post
I've no idea whether to post this in work & jobs or insurance ! Mods please move if its not appropriate here.

Basically I work for a HSE funded organisation. My salary comes from the HSE to said organisation. We are known as allied to the public sector insofar as salary scales, holidays, union agreements, public ire etc

Every month I pay into the HSE administered pension pot.
Now just to be clear, I am NOT a member of any union, public sector or otherwise. My car insurance is due for renewal & I need a particular type of indemnity. I asked around in work & lots of my colleagues are with the same financial institution & get this indemnity.

So I rang them. 'Can you give me insurance even though I am not in a union.' The answer was 'yes as long as you are in public sector'. Well I'm allied to the public sector and I pay into a public sector pension fund....'hmmmm nope sorry, can't cover you'....'Right, so if I said I was a member of 'insert union name here' would you cover me'...'Yes..... No Problem. '

I spoke to my HR manager & she has told me that there should not be an issue at all.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what advice I'm looking for really, it just really annoyed me !!!!
May I ask what type of insurance are you looking for?
22-05-2012, 16:04   #3
eamor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post
May I ask what type of insurance are you looking for?

Hi Kippy,

I'm looking for car insurance.

eamor
22-05-2012, 16:10   #4
kippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamor View Post
Hi Kippy,

I'm looking for car insurance.

eamor
Why type of indemnity are you looking for?
22-05-2012, 16:20   #5
blindside88

I'm assuming it's cornmarket your trying to get insurance with. They are the only company u know that has any stipulations in relation to public sector workers. Is it class 2 or 3 use your looking for indemnity for?
Advertisement
22-05-2012, 17:13   #6
eamor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindside88 View Post
I'm assuming it's cornmarket your trying to get insurance with. They are the only company u know that has any stipulations in relation to public sector workers. Is it class 2 or 3 use your looking for indemnity for?
Hey thanks for your replies folks, I actually got it sorted. In fairness they said they would look into it, and they did. I can be covered.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion