Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Letters coming in for interviews & informal offers. Post here! Mod note 1st post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Eenie

Didn't get UCD Psychology, am gutted. I don't have enough relevant work and/or life experience and my motivation to study Psych is unclear. No surprises there considering the last minute nature of my application, but it's still pants.

Beginning to get a plan of action together, and maybe do a level 5 FETAC in Applied Social Studies, thinkin of headin down the Social work rather than Clinical Psych route.. Think there'll prolly be more employment prospects after Social Science as opposed to Psych degree, I dunno..I keep making plans and the Universe keeps makin me revise them.

Sorry for the rambling-ness (is that even a word?) of this post, just feelin a bit blah, even though I'm trusting it will all work out for the best. Injured pride more than anything else I reckon.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sorry to hear that EEnie but competition for places is fierce. You really do need to have a thorough application form completed with every area covered on it.

If you're still unsure of what you want to do, I don't think you are ready to decide. If possible, try get some work experience. It will definitely open your eyes to the career path you will take.

A PLC course or Access course might suit you better as it will give you a better idea of what you want to do.

Best of luck!

Yeah, I think it's prolly the best. I kinda had a feeling when i decided @the end of Jan to apply for CAO that I might end up having to re-submit for next year, and I guess I'm being presented with an opportunity to make the right choice for me.

Chin up I guess, will be nice to get along to open days etc and take my time with CAO for 2013. I'm actually totally starting to see this as the better way, thank you Universe, and indeed thank you Larianne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

hey Eenie sorry to hear you didn't get UCD, how did you find out? i have an email from them that says the status of my application as 'offer on grounds of mature years subject to cao procedure' and that official offers will be issued on the 5th July, but the way it's presented i'm not sure if this is just telling me that that's what i've applied for.

chin up though, you could get a place in the second round if somebody doesn't accept theirs i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

fiinch wrote: »
    hey Eenie sorry to hear you didn't get UCD, how did you find out? i have an email from them that says the status of my application as 'offer on grounds of mature years subject to cao procedure' and that official offers will be issued on the 5th July, but the way it's presented i'm not sure if this is just telling me that that's what i've applied for.

chin up though, you could get a place in the second round if somebody doesn't accept theirs i think?

No, that means you got an offer! I don't know why they word it like that! It's very confusing. Congratulations! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

oh right! it's a bit confusing ha

upon checking the UCD email again i noticed i had another email from IADT saying that i had not been offered a place in their psychology undergrad, i've already accepted another offer though so i'm happy enough!

congrats fiinch, delighted for ya. Yeah, the wording is a bit confusing alright. I got a mail from IADT saying they're waiting on FETAC results, but I'm not doin FETAC at the minute, so I've no idea what that's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 thebutlerdidit

delighted, I got 2 informal offers. One from each of the interviews I attended :D

Was offered a place on my 1st choice, degree course in DIT at the end of the interview, subject to cao offer and then the day after received a letter from DKiT saying they had a place for me.

Head is spinning - I have a major worry about tutition fees however; maybe someone can help me out? I attended a HC course in DIT in 1997 for 1 year but did not complete due to personal circumstances. I was in receipt of a maintenance grant then and have read that this can affect my eligibility to qualify for free fees etc? Can anyone shed some light on how much the fees might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

Got a letter form trinity offering me a place for history and political science. They turned me down in April for it.
    So anyone worrying about not getting there 1st choice hold on in there as there is still offers being made even if they turned you down the 1st time around. Good luck everyone and enjoy the academic world, because for the next 4 years I sure as hell intend to

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hey everyone, congrats on all your offers!
    I am actually going today for my interview in tallaght, tbh don't really want to go all the way to tallaght for college as I live in town but if I have to then I will. I still havent been
    Called for interview by Dit for social care? Despite them sending
    Me an email about 11 weeks ago saying id be called in the next 6-7 weeks.mY cao app was only sent in for the closing date in february so was thinking this could be the reason but not sure. I emailed them but no reply as of yet. Anyone got any
    Info on Dit interviews/offers for social care?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I applied for 2 courses at ITB through the FETAC CAO. Just after i applied i received a letter from ITB asking me if i would like to attend an assessment for a mature student. They didnt state which course it would be for but both are very similar (Business). I didnt apply as a mature student so obviously i went to the assessment as it would give me two routes to get in since it was being offered. I feel the assessment went very well, some simple enough english and maths questions and i feel i wrote an excellent essay about my educational past and why i want to go to ITB. I feel i really sold myself very well.

The assessment was about a month ago and i havnt heard back from them in terms of an interview. I see people are receiving places already (congrats) in other colleges. Im kind of under the illusion that no news is good news but the uncertainty is rather disconcerting. On the other hand i received a letter from NCI a few weeks ago saying that they wont be hosting a business and finance course because of a lack of applicants. This leads me to hold a theory that business applicants are down this year all round.

I know nobody can be sure of how this may play out so i would ask would anybody have a similar experience or having any feelings on this.

Kind regards for reading my post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi Richard :)

Early offers through CAO will be made probably next week but you can also call the college and ask about your application. Some colleges will tell you over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Hey all,

DIT have been sending out mails goodo with conditional offers. They're from Application2012@dit.ie so keep your eyes peeled! Mine went into my spam folder! Got my first choice this morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Just got a rejection from UDC on Mature Grounds. Bummer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

ghpeople wrote: »
    Hey all,

DIT have been sending out mails goodo with conditional offers. They're from Application2012@dit.ie so keep your eyes peeled! Mine went into my spam folder! Got my first choice this morning :D

Thanks and congrats. I'm starting to lose hope now, haven't heard a thing in 3 months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Have you tried calling admissions? Only for someone here telling me to, I wouldn't have. They put me in touch with course co-ordinators and had interviews all from that phonecall.

Do it! They're really helpful! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bluegrass

Same here. Any idea what time it will be on the CAO site tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Bluegrass wrote: »
    Same here. Any idea what time it will be on the CAO site tomorrow?

If you applied by letter to CAO you should receive a letter Tomorrow Morning as offers are posted out today.
    If you applied online you should be able see your offers when you log onto cao.ie
    Tomorrow morning at 6am.
    This is done because everyone can receive their offers at the same time.

This is what I've been told today by a few people because I've been expecting a offer today, Very confusing.

Hope this helps and Good luck tomorrow.

Applied online and by letter :D Personal statement and sent off the needed photocopies of previous exams etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Bluegrass wrote: »
    Applied online and by letter :D Personal statement and sent off the needed photocopies of previous exams etc..

You should be able to see it online at 6am tomorrow morning.
    If your not sure I give them a ring 091509800 could take a while to get a answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I just checked the CAO site and then here. OK so, I'll be up early tomorrow I guess. Fingers crossed, God knows I'm planning for the worst.

But hoping for the best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

10 hours to go...

Good luck to everyone tomorrow with the Cao offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I got my offer. To new beginnings.

Best wishes to everyone.

Shryke wrote: »
    I got my offer. To new beginnings.

Best wishes to everyone.

Well done I got my 1st choice as well. 4 years of hard work ahead and hopefully some fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dunner1

a massive well done to everybody who got there choices , im delighted got my first choice , social work ucc .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dats_Dope

well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Iv been officially offered both my choices.
    Now the choice between network management and web development.

Advertisement