Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Wake Coming to PC

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Skerries wrote: »
    5770 is the equivalent of a 4870 unfortunately

I'm running an i5 750 on Windows 7 64bit, 4GB RAM, with a MSI 5770 Hawk 1GB.
    Running Alan Wake on max settings at 1600x900 and frame rate is goes between 31 and 45 or so.
    6906122137_2280d76c29_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-20-alan-wake-pc-makes-money-back-in-48-hours

Shocking news just in, make a good PC port and you can make money, more after the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-20-alan-wake-pc-makes-money-back-in-48-hours

Shocking news just in, make a good PC port and you can make money, more after the weather.

I would say the price of the game had a huge bearing on the sales. If it was €50 like other new releases on Steam I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

danthefan wrote: »
    I would say the price of the game had a huge bearing on the sales. If it was €50 like other new releases on Steam I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.
    Exactly. The fact that it was launched at such a reasonable price made me want to buy it even more. And I did. Mind you, I got it as cheap as I pretty much could have (€23). Really happy that they did make their money back already. I do like the addition of the qr codes too, sticking it to Microsoft, although they could have been implimented a little better rather than have them on the wall of his apartment!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hopefully Rockstar will see the apparent success of this and give us Red Dead Redemption on the pc. By god i'd love that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Kiith wrote: »
    Hopefully Rockstar will see the apparent success of this and give us Red Dead Redemption on the pc. By god i'd love that.
    I doubt it unfortunately. The money Remedy have made back is the budget for the PC port, a figure which would be much higher for a technologically more advanced, non-linear open world game like RDR.

On top of this the recent L.A Noire port was neither well done nor well received so I don't think they'll be too enthused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Rockstar and PC gaming just don't go well together anymore I'm afraid :o Even if they did port Red dead redemption to PC, expect it to be horribly optimised, contain spyware (DRM) and look horrible.

Advertisement