Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I know but he was ahead of the crowd as far being techno influenced on a commercial front.

Does most of Latin hip hop sound similar to pitbulls earlier stuff? Anyone know of much Latin hip hop , I think it's pretty high tempo similar to pitbulls stuff tbh from what I heard.

Daddy Yankee with gasolina springs to mind , I know the Latin hip hop market is pretty big though too.

Pun, Fat Joe, terror squad, beatnuts, cypress hill, immortal technique, are all latin hip hop acts that sound nothing like Pitbull.

True but I'm on about latin artists who are born in actual Latin country's like cuba etc
    and really have the culture in their music? I should of said that.

those you named are of Latin descent yes but born in America , I know terror squad, big pun and cypress hill are , I assume immortal technique and beatnuts are too? I don't listen to those two. Theres plenty of rappers I know of Latin descent, Joell Ortiz Is another one of the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Then Wyclef, his music is far from high tempo.
    I assume immortal technique and beatnuts are too?

tech is half peruvian or something and the beatnuts are american/dominican republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

IT was born in Peru, but raised in Harlem and is often back and forth to SA.
    I know but he was ahead of the crowd as far being techno influenced on a commercial front.

Does most of Latin hip hop sound similar to pitbulls earlier stuff? Anyone know of much Latin hip hop , I think it's pretty high tempo similar to pitbulls stuff tbh from what I heard.

Daddy Yankee with gasolina springs to mind , I know the Latin hip hop market is pretty big though too.

I don't know I am not into Latin Hip-hop in that sense, just rappers who happen to be of Latin descent which is different.

I imagine the Latin market for hip-hop would be huge considering the % of people of Latin descent in America (and globally)

I can't imagine Latin rappers have not been influenced by their descent long before pitbull and others, every other culture who did hip-hop was heavily influenced from their upbringing/culture/descent.

Then Wyclef, his music is far from high tempo.
    I assume immortal technique and beatnuts are too?

tech is half peruvian or something and the beatnuts are american/dominican republic.

I think wyclef was raised in America man , born in haiti obvioulsy but his music is not really Latin more of a reggae vibe to it for me.

IT was born in Peru, but raised in Harlem and is often back and forth to SA.

I don't know I am not into Latin Hip-hop in that sense, just rappers who happen to be of Latin descent which is different.

I imagine the Latin market for hip-hop would be huge considering the % of people of Latin descent in America (and globally)

I can't imagine Latin rappers have not been influenced by their descent long before pitbull and others, every other culture who did hip-hop was heavily influenced from their upbringing/culture/descent.

That's what I mean even in pitbulls earlier stuff you could tell his culture was differnt through his music hence him being born and raised in Cuba, it was a differnt sound really high tempo , that's why I was asking if anyone knew if this was the norm for Latin hip hop.

The same way pun was from the Bronx but had that American hip hop culture to his music aswell as the Latin but you could obviously tell he was from new york by listinging to his music same goes with Ortiz etc.

• Advertisement

Well IT definitely is influenced by his latino descent, he speaks and raps in spanish sometimes even.

I know what you mean though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New thread for Nicki Minaj discussion is here -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056596280#

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

this sounds like something drake did for the comeback season, fcukin love it

should be in full tomorrow , its premiers at 8 american time

same with HYFR

A V A wrote: »
    this sounds like something drake did for the comeback season, fcukin love it

This I like, great song but I even like Drake on the hook it suits it well.

• Advertisement

down to the bone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Does Lil John actually rap? Never heard one of his own songs. I thought his only purpose in life was to randomly scream "YEAAAAAAAAAHH!" every so often in a few crappy Pitbull, LMFAO etc songs.

Theres nothing 'crap' about Pitbull

Sam Mac wrote: »

There's everything crap about pitbull, he's absolutely awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

There's everything crap about pitbull, he's absolutely awful.

I completely disagree. But hey, that's your opinion. I'm out of here

pit bull hahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I completely disagree. But hey, that's your opinion. I'm out of here

You can hardly credit him as a hip-hop artist? Like a lot of people like one or two of his pop songs you hear on the radio (normally people who aren't big music fans anyways), but who actually goes out to listen to all of the songs on his albums and judges his lyrics and beats, like how people on this forum do with the likes of Eminem, Nas, Kendrick Lamar etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Pitbull is as hip-hop as Jennifer Lopez.

Ok, but Drake is what 2% more Hip-Hop than Pitbull?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Conor, you've made your point, Drake isn't 'hip-hop' enough for you.

• Advertisement

Ok, but Drake is what 2% more Hip-Hop than Pitbull?

Like it or not drake is hip hop. I don't like that he is what hip hop has come to either but thats the way it is.

I just don't see why people draw the line at Pitbull, others here have mentioned he raps.

Isn't rapping the reason why most people call Drake Hip-Hop?

"Rapper, singer-songwriter, record producer, television host" - That could be a description of Drake?

Freestyling in 1997 - Drake still can not freestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I just don't see why people draw the line at Pitbull, others here have mentioned he raps.

Isn't rapping the reason why most people call Drake Hip-Hop?

"Rapper, singer-songwriter, record producer, television host" - That could be a description of Drake?

Television host? :confused:

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Television host? :confused:

Actor, the rest is a description of Drake.

Pitbull has been rapping, freestyling, putting out mixtapes and albums for years. Anyone saying he is not Hip-Hop but Drake is needs to get their heads checked.

I agree with Conor. Fair enough pitbulls music the last few years has been mainly club stuff but his roots are hip hop and Latino at that, he still raps on his songs it's more so over techno like beats these days.

I orignally taught he was born in Cuba but according to wiki, it was Miami but both his parents are Cuban and the Latino culture is very strong down there anyway so you can easily see how it influences his sound. He's always had that high tempo to his music.

But seriously , you can't call drake hip hop and pitbull not, drake does more singing than rapping in fairness but imo every rapper should be able to spit at least a few bars if put on the spot and not make a show out of himself reading from his blackberry.

Pitbull can freestyle, Drake can not.

To say Drake is Hip-Hop but Pitbull is not is just crazy.

(Drake is a singer who raps to me even if he had mixtapes, but that is just my opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I didn't look at the thread for a while and I come to see Pitbull is being mentioned. Hahahaha really Pitbull why have we sank to this?

I didn't look at the thread for a while and I come to see Pitbull is being mentioned. Hahahaha really Pitbull why have we sank to this?

He's no worse than drake or wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

He's no worse than drake or wayne.

yeah, well, that's just like your opinion man

What age are you by the way?

• Advertisement

Drake can not freestyle, saying he is more Hip-Hop than Pitbull is just crazy.

Advertisement