Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Considered Wrestling Training?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

CMpunked wrote: »
    What finish did he come up with, dick?
    Well it started with me drop kicking the heel and him rolling out of the ring as if he was giving up on the match. I got out and chased him around the ring. He got back in before me and as I was getting in he hit me with a baseball slide knocking me back down to the mat. He got out and threw me back in to the ring. I pulled myself up in the corner and he kicked me a few times after which he whipped me into the opposite corner. He then got me up on his shoulder as if going for a British Bulldog style running powerslam but as he got towards the centre of the ring, I wriggled free and rolled him up for the pin!
    also, will 'Dick McSavage' be your in-ring name?
    Ha ha! I suppose it's a contender!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

wow thats a lot more than i expected! Excellent, man!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well it started with me drop kicking the heel and him rolling out of the ring as if he was giving up on the match. I got out and chased him around the ring. He got back in before me and as I was getting in he hit me with a baseball slide knocking me back down to the mat. He got out and threw me back in to the ring. I pulled myself up in the corner and he kicked me a few times after which he whipped me into the opposite corner. He then got me up on his shoulder as if going for a British Bulldog style running powerslam but as he got towards the centre of the ring, I wriggled free and rolled him up for the pin!

I'm impressed. I thought it would be weeks before you'd be doing anything like that. I imagined the first 6 sessions would be basic holds and learning to take bumps and here you are with your drop kicks and baseball slips and powerslams etc

I'm impressed. I thought it would be weeks before you'd be doing anything like that. I imagined the first 6 sessions would be basic holds and learning to take bumps and here you are with your drop kicks and baseball slips and powerslams etc
    Well pretty much everything that we did in that spot was taken from the open day apart from the dropkick. The other guy did the baseball slide and got me up for the powerslam. Pretty sure ill be going again next Wednesday so you should come along.

Well, I was planning on it, but after reading that I am defo going to be there this time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Myself & Charisteas went back for seconds tonight. Not as sore! But we'll have to update you on that getting up tomorrow :) We're noobs but the guys were very patient and helpful. Phil & Jordan were down showing us stringing move sets together. It's rough getting your cardio up but it's definitely worth checking out; changing what you've seen on TV to actually trying to moves is weird but pretty cool. Their main day is Sunday but also do Wednesdays, if you're a bit hesitant to check it out you can head down when we are, just PM either of us :)

Tried the spinebuster, Arn Anderson I am not :p Aksana, maybe

Well how are you lads feeling today after last nights training session? I'm not too bad but I bruised my ribs at one stage. Think it was when I botched getting out of the ring when we were doing the run and bump in the ring. Think this weeks class was better than last week. Better turn out and I really enjoyed the cardiovascular work even though it was quite tough. Good to see Jordan down he wasn't there last week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah I was quite gunshy about jumping out of the ring, must've looked awful! Thought u did great DMS at this rate you'll be the next HBK :) legs etc not anywhere near as bad as last time, walking down stairs gingerly. There was more stringing together moves than learning basic stuff but it was good to get exposed into not looking at them in an isolated fashion. Must remember to bump correctly I think it was less painful on the mat than in the ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

you guys did good, it was cool meeting you all. i loved everyone's enthusiasm when it came to try the Alabama Slam

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Hi lads, anyone going to this again any time soon? Would love to join the boards noobs and get trained up.it sounds professional and fantastic.something I always wanted to try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ethan Swagger

Am raging only came across this thread now as I would have loved to have gone along on March 24! I'm into bodybuilding, have a rugby background and at 220lbs I know I could take the punishment! I'd love to get into it for the intensity of the cardio alone.. thing is I don't wanna lose the gains I am making either. That being said, I could just imagine the huge adrenaline rush of jumping into the ring totally pumped after an hour of serious weights! That's what I'd consider a proper workout!

He then got me up on his shoulder as if going for a British Bulldog style running powerslam but as he got towards the centre of the ring, I wriggled free and rolled him up for the pin!

Wow he must have bin a strong ****!

Anyone else interested in combining bodybuilding training with pro? I wanna be the next Rob Terry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Anyone else interested in combining bodybuilding training with pro? I wanna be the next Rob Terry!

we need pics of your sweaters then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

You could be 'The All Irith Irith', Jack Swagger's long lost Irish Brother.

*bump*

Any boardsies go back more than the two or three times reported in the last few pages.

I found a MMA club on my doorstep last summer and have done about 15-20 amateur wrestling sessions since which have been brilliant but I tempted to give the pro wrestling a go...

I think that Dick Mcsavage was the only guy who became a regular. Haven't seen him around here in ages, I hope he's made it as a Pro and had a couple of matches.

Thanks dude.

Anyone know what happened to those who went to the first 2 or 3 nights?
    Was it too physically demanding, too time consuming, too expensive?

Hats off to those who had the balls to go and give it a lash all the same:D

Thanks dude.

Anyone know what happened to those who went to the first 2 or 3 nights?
    Was it too physically demanding, too time consuming, too expensive?

Hats off to those who had the balls to go and give it a lash all the same:D

Can't speak for anyone else obviously, but I work every other Sunday and every other Wednesday night, so I wasn't able to give it my full attention.

It was physically demanding, could hardly walk the next day, but I loved that side to it, I was buzzing for days afterwards.

Not too time consuming or expensive, think they train two days a week for around 50 quid a month for lessons from professional trainers, Phil Boyd and Jordan Devlin have recently wrestling in Japan for Zero One. Can't speak highly enough of them and Justin Shape/Ternet.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Charisteas wrote: »

Can't speak for anyone else obviously, but I work every other Sunday and every other Wednesday night, so I wasn't able to give it my full attention.

It was physically demanding, could hardly walk the next day, but I loved that side to it, I was buzzing for days afterwards.

Not too time consuming or expensive, think they train two days a week for around 50 quid a month for lessons from professional trainers, Phil Boyd and Jordan Devlin have recently wrestling in Japan for Zero One. Can't speak highly enough of them and Justin Shape/Ternet.

Id love to give it another go, having done one session a few years ago.was working the day of the latest open day. Some day ill get back.

• Advertisement

I have trained in BJJ/sub, done a bit of amateur, and have a rugby background. Bodybuilding is currently my passion. I have also done two intensive weeks of pro wrestling training (chain for the most part), as well as one or two weekend camps. Always fully intended to build on this but life kicked in and moved down here to the South East. If a pro wrestling school opened down this direction (i.e. Waterford/New Ross) I'd be back at it like a bullet. Best cardio imaginable and great thing now in my case is I am sculpting a strong, impressive body which I reckon can withstand the pain and give as good as it gets.

I have trained in BJJ/sub, done a bit of amateur, and have a rugby background. Bodybuilding is currently my passion. I have also done two intensive weeks of pro wrestling training (chain for the most part), as well as one or two weekend camps. Always fully intended to build on this but life kicked in and moved down here to the South East. If a pro wrestling school opened down this direction (i.e. Waterford/New Ross) I'd be back at it like a bullet. Best cardio imaginable and great thing now in my case is I am sculpting a strong, impressive body which I reckon can withstand the pain and give as good as it gets.

34832404.jpg

Sorry man, couldnt resist after reading that last line.

Advertisement