Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aljazeera Sports Packages News

• 04-01-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Please note: that during 2012 year, there will be EURO CUP 2012 Matches. Aljazeera will charge Extra to upgrade cards on events channels if you wish to view these games.(depending on where you bought your card from please be sure to check if these games will be available to your subscription).

Also note:
    Al Jazeera is introducing for the first time - SCRATCH CARDS on monthly / yearly basis to watch the program on your IPhone / IPad / Laptop / PC Computer.

Will give more info when at hand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭sob1467

Premier wrote: »
    Al Jazeera is introducing for the first time - SCRATCH CARDS on monthly / yearly basis to watch the program on your IPhone / IPad / Laptop / PC Computer.

The internet tv channels will be ip rstricted to the countries in which Al Jazeera Sport broadcast won't they?

Also will the cost of renewals increase for 12 months as against the current prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

sob1467 wrote: »
    The internet tv channels will be ip rstricted to the countries in which Al Jazeera Sport broadcast won't they?
    Thats what im awaiting a definate answer too, was my question also

Also will the cost of renewals increase for 12 months as against the current prices?
    Not with ourselves anyway some suppliers trying to cash in on the bandwagon with "offers until the 15th of jan" but not telling the buyer that the euro2012 games wont be on it without a upgrade

Messed up that quote a bit,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What will their regular sport channels be showing while the Euros are on? Sneaky carry on from Al Jazeera. Luckily I have other outlets to watch these games from.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Tonio

Any news on HD channels? Would be perfect if +3 (at least) was HD....

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    What will their regular sport channels be showing while the Euros are on? Sneaky carry on from Al Jazeera. Luckily I have other outlets to watch these games from.

I agree with you totally Minstrel !!! but they also did something similar with the world cup too.

In fairness to aljazeera for the price of a sub it's a great package,

• Advertisement

Tonio wrote: »
    Any news on HD channels? Would be perfect if +3 (at least) was HD....

In the pipeline so im led to believe,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I got this from the crowd I bought my card from
    Dear Client .
    the last year aljazeera sport was accept add the events package +9 , +10 and HD channels till 31/12/2011 Only Even If you add this package on October .
    so Must of people lost these channels.
    but don't worry you can now add these channels on your card Online and Enjoy your Favorite channels.
    all you need Just submit order online at our website . www.jsc-cards.com/order

or visit this Link Direct to add these channels on your card .
    http://www.jsc-cards.com/order/add-9-10-hd1-hd2-one-year.html

Note : when you add this Package on your card . it's will be Expired with Basic Package
    for example :
    * If your Basic Package will be Expired on 20/12/2012 then also the Events package will be Expired at the same date
    *and If your Basic Package will be Expired on 25/09/2012 then also the Events package will be Expired at the same date .

Thankfully I only went for +1 to +8 on my renewal. Strange how they turned off those channels for people that paid for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

i bought my 1-10 card in the middle of february 2011.

i noticed the chid 0006 went missing off it on jan 1st and 9 & 10 went off, so it looks like i.ve lost out on 1 and a half months. glad it wasn't september or october as it looks like you'd be down 8 or 9 months.

chid 0004 is still ok and 1-8 are updating as usual.

that jsc crowd has a renewal of 1-8 at €69 whereas the supplier i got it from last year wants €90.

i sent my old card number to jsc last year but they said it couldn't be renewed and were offering me a new card but it was €20 more expensive than the fella i got it from. has anyone used them before and what were they like to deal with.

thanks.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I got this from the crowd I bought my card from

Thankfully I only went for +1 to +8 on my renewal. Strange how they turned off those channels for people that paid for them.

Exactly and not a word about the 2012 euro matches from them either, which im sure they well know about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭irishchris

just checked my jsc sport card which i renewed 1-8 last may for a year sub and no longer working! it still says 05/2012 in entitlements but is blank screen!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Mine too, but my sub ran out yesterday, so I just renewed today for 1-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

irishchris wrote: »
    just checked my jsc sport card which i renewed 1-8 last may for a year sub and no longer working! it still says 05/2012 in entitlements but is blank screen!!!

Me too, Viaccess card. I emailed the ebay seller, he replied within the hour -
    "Hi
    All the JSC cards are having some sort of technical problems this will be solved soon
    This is beyond our control"

Hopefully it'll be sorted pronto. Looking at old threads, people seemed to have to update their cards online once a year, involving proxies etc. Is this still relevant, or should the cards just work for the year, even in Cccam?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

same here, went off watching fa cup match around 4pm today,channels 4-8 were gone all morning then i lost them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭druss

irishchris wrote: »

Mine too. Entitlement says that its good till august. I wonder is it some temporary glitch:confused:

Edit...thanks rurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Mine too, Please post back here if anyone finds a solution. I still have 6 months left of my +1 to +10 Subscription and they cancelled +9 and +10 on New Years Day.

And I jus forked out €180 yesterday for a Card splitter to use with this! Just my luck!

Rurs, Bet it was same crowd I bought mine from accross the water got the same message delivered twice to me, as if he copied and pasted it. He must be innondated.

channels 5-8 back with me now,no sign of 1-4 yet

Did you send/request a refresh signal from Al Jazeera or did it just come back by itself? Wrecin my head in in work and I cant check it myself!

no, just changed channel over to have a look and they were back, ive only the 1-8 package so hopefully the channels 1-4 will be back by morning,if they come on before i hit the bed i will post up on here

all channels 1-8 back now here

Thanks lad, I'l be home bout midnight and I will be checking myself too. I think the +9 and +10 sub was ending the end of last year anyways not sure tho as they still advertising it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You've to pay extra to get +9 and +10 for this year, for African Nations and the Euro's apparently...

Yea but its a bit of a ripp-off when u already pay for it in your subscription and then ya have pay again when ya already paid for it!

Ah them boys in head office over in Jordan know what they're at and what they can get away with too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭irishchris

Mine back too :-)

Can anyone confirm if it is gone again? Or is it just me?

Working again

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

All OK here, +1-8. What cam are you using?

Edit- too slow, nevermind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭sob1467

Just saw this article in an arabic newspaper about it. They say that it the fault was due to an interference to a satellite tranmission. Rather than a change in the encryption of the cards.

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=479632&version=1&template_id=36&parent_id=16
    Al Jazeera announces new Arabsat satellite frequency
    Doha-based Al Jazeera television channel has announced a new frequency for Arabsat viewers, 11334V, “after continued interferences to its satellite transmissions”. Al Jazeera says it has faced a series of satellite interference events over the past 12 months. “These sustained interferences have been an attempt to disrupt the Network’s broadcasts across the Middle East and North Africa,” a press statement issued by the channel said yesterday.
    “We would like to inform our viewers of the new satellite frequency on Arabsat,” said Saeed Bawazir, director of technology at Al Jazeera Network. “Over the last few months, Al Jazeera has faced sustained interference to our satellite transmissions. These occurrences will only strengthen our commitment to continue providing our award-winning coverage across the region 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We urge our viewers on Arabsat to tune to this new frequency for uninterrupted coverage.”
    The channel said that in February 2011, its satellite services were jammed and an attempt was made to disrupt its services. “Al Jazeera responded by launching its channels across various satellites, allowing viewers to receive continuous coverage.” Viewers, it said, could stay up-to date on how to watch Al Jazeera by visiting the website: http://sat.aljazeera.net

Yea my father rang me in work to say it was gone and see if any them people on the internet are experiencing the same. God bless him hes 69!

Hasn't rang me back yet so presume it back up.
    Hopefully it won't be cutting out like this all week.

willyb007 wrote: »
    Yea my father rang me in work to say it was gone and see if any them people on the internet are experiencing the same. God bless him hes 69!

Hasn't rang me back yet so presume it back up.
    Hopefully it won't be cutting out like this all week.

Off again now:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

+1 thru +8 are gone for me. All scrambled/unavailable. My card is fine and in date so no idea what's going on. I had the Manchester derby working fine this afternoon.

Anyone else lost their channels?

Advertisement