Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

winter finale!.....hoping for some huge shockers as the season thus far has not been as dark as i'd like!

:eek: that end!......:eek: i wont spoil the ep. for others but it was brilliant!, they did explain the
    Hook/Aurora heat
    stuff and other story and backstory elements got cleared up.

And that end certainly ups the ante for the back 13!....and Emma, thought there might be more to her....lets just say
    she has magic

;) giving this a 4/5....Hook/Regina and Cora were awesome, did you see Reginas dress at the start?....stunning!, wow....it looked amazing and the detail, the design....the back of the dress.

The costume design is by far the best on network, tbf....they dont skimp on the budget here, though
    Wonderland
    had some very dodgy CGI.

Which is strange because the CGI of the
    pirate ship
    is pretty excellent :confused:

Love this show...its just totally different from anything on tv right now! :)

http://tvline.com/2012/12/02/once-upon-a-time-midseason-finale-recap-burning-questions/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm bored of this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭bren2001

:eek: that end!......:eek: i wont spoil the ep. for others but it was brilliant!, they did explain the
    Hook/Aurora heat
    stuff and other story and backstory elements got cleared up.

And that end certainly ups the ante for the back 13!....and Emma, thought there might be more to her....lets just say
    she has magic

;) giving this a 4/5....Hook/Regina and Cora were awesome, did you see Reginas dress at the start?....stunning!, wow....it looked amazing and the detail, the design....the back of the dress.

The costume design is by far the best on network, tbf....they dont skimp on the budget here, though
    Wonderland
    had some very dodgy CGI.

Which is strange because the CGI of the
    pirate ship
    is pretty excellent :confused:

Love this show...its just totally different from anything on tv right now! :)

http://tvline.com/2012/12/02/once-upon-a-time-midseason-finale-recap-burning-questions/

Yeah, it was a smart episode. They explained how Hook could take a heart. I was hoping true loves kiss wouldn't work on David. It was all a little bit too convenient that they turned off the portal killers just Emma came through. There was no *real* cliff hanger at the end either. Should of ended it when hook and Cora were just about to jump through the portal.
    I'm bored of this now.

Overall this series has been pretty poor. I enjoyed the first series because it was something different on TV. They should of ended it when the curse was broken. I am sick of the cliches as "its not weakness, its strength". Ill watch to the end of this series and give it a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

The series is still good but I would agree that this season has been a bit disappointing, apart from some very good episodes. The overall arc of this season hasn't really been that interesting. New characters have been hit & miss - Hook is great, but Mulan and that other princess are boring/annoying, nice to see Belle made a series regular but she hasn't been given much to do.

The cheesy lovey-dovey stuff has been there from the start which I didn't mind too much in the first season but it's becoming a bit tiresome now. I guess they have to keep that stuff in the show for some of the viewers. I never liked David's character or the actor playing him, and Snow & David's story arc (i.e. they split up and find each other again) has been done to death.

The show is at its best when it is dark (centering around Rumpel, Regina and Ruby) and mysterious (centering around August) but there hasn't been enough of that this season. Emma is good too but I hope they get rid of the kid somehow, either through death or magic that makes him grow into an adult or something, as he is very annoying.

• Advertisement

The series is still good but I would agree that this season has been a bit disappointing, apart from some very good episodes. The overall arc of this season hasn't really been that interesting. New characters have been hit & miss - Hook is great, but Mulan and that other princess are boring/annoying, nice to see Belle made a series regular but she hasn't been given much to do.

The cheesy lovey-dovey stuff has been there from the start which I didn't mind too much in the first season but it's becoming a bit tiresome now. I guess they have to keep that stuff in the show for some of the viewers. I never liked David's character or the actor playing him, and Snow & David's story arc (i.e. they split up and find each other again) has been done to death.

The show is at its best when it is dark (centering around Rumpel, Regina and Ruby) and mysterious (centering around August) but there hasn't been enough of that this season. Emma is good too but I hope they get rid of the kid somehow, either through death or magic that makes him grow into an adult or something, as he is very annoying.

Agree...i've said this before....when the show gets dark...its pretty edgy stuff!

Rumple and Regina are best for this, as for cheesy twu-wuv....this is a FAIRYTALE show!, you kinda need it, good always wins....true loves kiss etc.

These are fairytale standards, but....HOW the frack did Cora/Hook get to Storybrooke without the compass!!!!!! :eek: :confused:

And...how could the US coastguard not notice a pirate ship rolling into the harbor??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

HUGE improvement over last weeks episode!

First of all I'm starting to like Regina :eek: I felt so sorry for her at the end of the episode and Rumple's words totally knocked me "Maybe even one day they'll invite you to dinner" She's quickly becoming a favorite character of mine.. I look forward to seeing her great costumes :)

So happy they explained how Hook was able to get the heart, I had a great feeling that Cora was
    The Queen of Hearts
    from the minute they went into Wonderland but I thought that it fitted her well. Finally an explanation on why that side of The Enchanted Forest was untouched by the curse and there's hope for
    Prince Philip
    I am quite intrigued :D

I agree that it seemed way too easy of an ending! I thought Charming was going to face some evil stuff in the fire room but maybe he will later in the show as he will suffer from going back there.

So Emma is/has
    MAGIC
    Not surprised by it I'd say that could lead to Cora's demise! So does this mean
    Henry has magic in him too?

The Wonderland CGI is far fetched because Wonderland is pretty ridiculous in general so I would understand that.

So happy with this episode my only suggestion would be MORE SCENES FOR RED DAMMIT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I felt so sorry for Regina in that episode (actually in most episodes she's in - I "wuv" her). I wish they wouldn't be so cold toward her but I guess Emma and Snow don't know how much Regina has been trying to be better. Henry should have invited her to dinner, he knows she's been trying! Both Emma and Snow have experienced Cora now so they should really understand why she's so fooked up! I just want them to give Regina all the love. She just needs the love of a good woman* to set her on the right track ;)

*aka me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was Charming wearing lipstick and blusher?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was Charming wearing lipstick and blusher?

Hook wears guyliner...so? :p

• Advertisement

I think someone figured it would be funnier to do that to him while he was sleeping rather than draw a moustache or put his hand in warm water.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I noticed something watching Once... (started it a few weeks ago, only caught up yesterday) and its this:

In an episode in the latter half of season 1, Regina gives Henry a video game. The video game is called "Space Paranoids" (Emma says the name at one point)
    But Space Paranoids is the game that Tron is set in.
    Ergo Once... is set in the Tron universe.

I look forward to the episode that has the characters use light cycles in a battle against the Bogeyman :pac:

I noticed something watching Once... (started it a few weeks ago, only caught up yesterday) and its this:

In an episode in the latter half of season 1, Regina gives Henry a video game. The video game is called "Space Paranoids" (Emma says the name at one point)
    But Space Paranoids is the game that Tron is set in.
    Ergo Once... is set in the Tron universe.

I look forward to the episode that has the characters use light cycles in a battle against the Bogeyman :pac:

If Tron shows up...... :rolleyes:
    Btw....Henry also had a Tron lunchbox in one episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Hook wears guyliner...so? :p

And he wears it soooo well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

My God Lana Parrilla is flawless.

DeWitt wrote: »
    My God Lana Parrilla is flawless.

She has a horrible voice.

She has an amazing voice! I love that she's not actually flawless though. Her flaws make her hotter. Like the lip scar - I want to bite it :o

:mad: you take that back! :eek:

She has an amazing voice! I love that she's not actually flawless though. Her flaws make her hotter. Like the lip scar - I want to bite it :o

She's perfect as Regina and The Evil Queen....her outfits are stunning, and she is just deliciously EVIL....i love it! :D

You'll find that "evil" most often is Disney/Fairytale evil....but it does verge into pretty hardcore (for network tv) dark and disturbing evil.

Rumple and Regina deserve gongs for the performances imo.

I felt so sorry for Regina in that episode (actually in most episodes she's in - I "wuv" her). I wish they wouldn't be so cold toward her but I guess Emma and Snow don't know how much Regina has been trying to be better. Henry should have invited her to dinner, he knows she's been trying! Both Emma and Snow have experienced Cora now so they should really understand why she's so fooked up! I just want them to give Regina all the love. She just needs the love of a good woman* to set her on the right track ;)*aka me

I did feel for Regina....but that scene will be used as a plot device for her to go all evil again, so its all good ;)
    While i felt for her...i cannot forget all the deaths, pain and suffering she has caused.....redemption is a LONG way off.

• Advertisement

Seriously? She has one of the most irritating, monotonous voices on TV and that constipated permarictus on her face does nothing for her.

I would rate Regina above Emma and Snow. Come to think of it, this is probably one of the few shows where the 2 main female cast members aren't the best looking ones on the show, as long as Regina and Ruby are there.

Mulan is the only really good-looking one in it, and her character is rubbish. Ruby's pretty enough too I suppose.

Mulan the only good looking one!!! I'd say she's the only one who isn't good looking. Ruby, Regina, Emma, Snow (only with long hair), Belle, are all good looking to me anyway.

I think Regina is easily one of the best characters on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

regina and rumple are the best characters in the show, no contest. Their episodes are always the best, tbh I could take or leave Snow and Emma

Back this Sunday! 7 more episodes in this season according to epguides.com.

I read over the holidays that Rose McGowan will guest star as a young Cora.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

7 named episodes. It's a full season as far as I know (22-ish episodes).

• Advertisement

I just finished watching last night’s Once Upon a Time. Loved it. I hate that they treat Regina so badly though. It’s heartbreaking! Is it any wonder she keeps going all evil? I really didn't get that Archie would be still alive. I wonder how Cora pulled off that little switcheroo. Speaking of Cora… you know when the boob fairy jumped out of the bushes and did her dust throwing trick? I was convinced for a good minute that it was Cora and somehow The Charming Ones had teamed up with her! I didn't notice before that Cora and the boob fairy look so alike. Could be the clothes.. Does that indicate that the boob fairy is going to turn out evil too?

Advertisement