Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A bit of everything worked for me. You don't want to fall too far behind on anything. The last room you unlock gives you some modifiers that give you things like more gold or experience at the expense of something else, so you can accelerate things when you get access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭Doge

I just registered an account for the cloud service Mega.

Little did I know I'd be getting 50GBs free storage!

Mega has been my go to file host for downloading large files a while now and it always maxed out my connection.

The app has a nice clean gui, and its good as additional storage to Google Drive.

One drive only comes with 15gbs of free storage in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Doge wrote: »
    I just registered an account for the cloud service Mega.

Little did I know I'd be getting 50GBs free storage!

Mega has been my go to file host for downloading large files a while now and it always maxed out my connection.

The app has a nice clean gui, and its good as additional storage to Google Drive.

One drive only comes with 15gbs of free storage in comparison.

Is that 50gb permanent? I've finished my year of dropbox and into my year of one drive now... 50gb for life would be enough to ditch the rest probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

hots wrote: »
    Is that 50gb permanent? I've finished my year of dropbox and into my year of one drive now... 50gb for life would be enough to ditch the rest probably.

Nope, it expires . I got 50GB Dropbox space before from Samsung and just before it expired I ended up moving all my family connection of photos from Dropbox to Google Drive which was a major hassle. Dropbox really need to wake up to the limited space they offer, it's pushing people to other services, I use it to share files with others but have stopped using it as my own personal cloud storage even though I have 14.5GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

I believe he was asking if Mega's 50GB expires not Dropbox's.....I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Nope, it expires . I got 50GB Dropbox space before from Samsung and just before it expired I ended up moving all my family connection of photos from Dropbox to Google Drive which was a major hassle. Dropbox really need to wake up to the limited space they offer, it's pushing people to other services, I use it to share files with others but have stopped using it as my own personal cloud storage even though I have 14.5GB.

I was the exact same, I've left my ~30 in dropbox but now I've lost my Samsung space I've moved into OneDrive which has 1Tb free for a year for me. Might actually have to start paying for it some day -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Mr E wrote: »
    A bit of everything worked for me. You don't want to fall too far behind on anything. The last room you unlock gives you some modifiers that give you things like more gold or experience at the expense of something else, so you can accelerate things when you get access to it.
    Doesnt matter anyway I finished the game last night, towards the end I couldnt even see what was in front of me I was cutting through enemies so fast, on to You Must build a Boat now.

I wouldnt trust my files in Mega tbh, Kim dotcom has a target on his back, you could wake up some morning and the website will just be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

VanZan wrote: »
    I believe he was asking if Mega's 50GB expires not Dropbox's.....I think!

Yeah, my mistake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Anybody else receive their activation code for hound just now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Are you in the US?!
    Let us know how good /bad it is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

How many days did it take?Believe I applied for an activation code on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

deco nate wrote: »
    Are you in the US?!
    Let us know how good /bad it is

I've had it since last Sat.

Yeah, it's not bad at all, impressed at the speech recognition, my daughter gets great mileage out of it too, she is mesmerized by it.

"Show me pictures of unicorns"
    "Show me Ben.and Holly"
    "Play one direction songs"

(She's 4)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Im not in the US so was actually a bit surprised to get the activiation email. I had a quick mess around with it last night, its very fast but im not sure how much ill use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've just requested an invite code there myself for Hound. Will report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm about half way through a second playthrough of YMBAB (you can start again on a harder difficulty after you finish the game). Stupidly addictive and now has a permanent place on my phone.

I just bought it, I haven't a clue how to play properly and I'm resorting to random swipes hoping for the best :P

marko93 wrote: »
    I just bought it, I haven't a clue how to play properly and I'm resorting to random swipes hoping for the best :P
    Play 100000000 first to practice. Its a good game on its own.

Im going crosseyed playing YMBAB.

Google firetube

Thanks for this!

With the demise of PVSTAR+ and other background player apps i was struggling to find one that actually worked.

Google seems to be clamping down hard on them.

This app is nice clean and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Doge wrote: »
    Thanks for this!

With the demise of PVSTAR+ and other background player apps i was struggling to find one that actually worked.

Google seems to be clamping down hard on them.

This app is nice clean and simple.

Will FireTube work for non music videos, or does it just scrape music. I liked to use PVSTAR+ to listen to discussion, presentation, spoken word, with the phone screen off.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Got Hound up and running. Really not very impressive. Struggles a lot and throws up an internet search results more times that it gives verbal answers.
    Nowhere near as fast as the video makes out either.

• Advertisement

Amalgam wrote: »
    Will FireTube work for non music videos, or does it just scrape music. I liked to use PVSTAR+ to listen to discussion, presentation, spoken word, with the phone screen off.

Yup, works on any video in youtube.

Theres even an option to enable / disable video playback in the top right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone looking to try out Hound. Download, install, launch......

No invite needed apk.

https://mega.co.nz/#!NsglAAIQ!itPZRPpC5hSUXx368j​NTkgGw​mt6vfXb1-bug​L4zghuU

Tried it, its not as good as the video shows it is.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Anyone looking to try out Hound. Download, install, launch......

No invite needed apk.

https://mega.co.nz/#!NsglAAIQ!itPZRPpC5hSUXx368j​NTkgGw​mt6vfXb1-bug​L4zghuU

Tried it, its not as good as the video shows it is.

Do you need to install that Mega as well then?

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Looks like it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I downloaded first on my pc then transferred it to my phone.

I have uploaded the apk in bropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsqs5337k8l42t9/com.hound.android.app-1.0.0-5-minAPI15_noinvite.apk?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsqs5337k8l42t9/com.hound.android.app-1.0.0-5-minAPI15_noinvite.apk?dl=0

Should have thought of that,thanks.

Voice recognition is pretty dismal,can't recognise a word I'm uttering...Hal will blame me..lol

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

One More Dash - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smgstudio.omd
    One More Line - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smgstudio.onemoreline

Addictive, moreish, polished, great graphics, excellent music and FREE. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnnydoe99

Hi
    I'm looking for a simple reminder app that will popup appointments on ththe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement