Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

steve_r wrote: »
    Did the exact same thing. Using Swift key with something like Evernote was painful. Stock keyboard not as handy but no real lag.

Yep, exactly! I'd prefer to have swiftkey back but it was just too slow. I had terrible lag with Twitter and Facebook Messenger too. Its a shame cos I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Yep, exactly! I'd prefer to have swiftkey back but it was just too slow. I had terrible lag with Twitter and Facebook Messenger too. Its a shame cos I loved it.

No lag for me anyway using it.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

dulpit wrote: »
    No lag for me anyway using it.. :confused:

Same as that on SGS2 and SGS3. Never noticed any lag whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

bastards..now that you mention it I'm now noticing it and its really bugging me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nothing for me either in any app with Swiftkey and Im on a cheapo generic Jiayu G3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

AntiRip wrote: »
    Same as that on SGS2 and SGS3. Never noticed any lag whatsoever

I had on my S3 and Swiftkey Tablet editon on my Nexus 7. It was a pretty common complaint after an update a couple of months back. Not sure if it affected all devices or what was the story.
    Blazer wrote: »
    bastards..now that you mention it I'm now noticing it and its really bugging me :mad:

I hate when this happens to me, I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

1lpp.png

Sine Mora - €4.49

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digitalreality.sinemora

---

Reminds me a bit of Battle Garrega with a nod to Ro-Type Delta for the PSX (3D Bosses..) Enjoyable, but quite difficult to impossible in places.

Possibly the most lush and polished sideways shooter on the Android Play store. Visuals you'd expect on a home console.

I'm using a Tegra 3 Nexus 7, no issues with lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Hey, does anyone know of an app that allows you to control your phone with your tablet?

For instance, I'd like to be able to send and view whatsapp messages with my phone via my tablet, if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

EGriff wrote: »
    How many of us have got tasker but never figured it out? The only thing I could get it to do was launch spotify when I plugged in my earphones.
    Thank god, thought it was just me! I installed it a few years ago and couldn't (be arsed) trying to figure it out. After reading this thread I tried it again about a month ago. Couldn't be arsed putting in the time trying to figure it out!
    SteM wrote: »
    Using Action Launcher on my HTC one and am loving it. The only one I've paid for and am still using. Shutters etc really add to the Android experience.

Using it too and like it. One problem is sometimes a shortcut disappears from my home screen. Do you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

Anyone know how to listen to irish radio stations on radio alarm apps? I suspect I need the URL or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Can anyone suggest a good app to record both sides of a phone conversation on my HTC one x

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=polis.app.callrecorder

Call recorder. its Excellent but takes a bit of tinkering to get it right

edit I've an s4 but id imagine it works on all devices

numorouno wrote: »

That's the one I'm trying to get working :)
    It says recording, then when I go to play back the recording, its silent. Must see I'd their is anything obvious that needs adjusting

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »

Thank you kind sir, you've saved me a lot more heartache :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Thank you kind sir, you've saved me a lot more heartache :)

Sorry. I assumed it would/should work on any device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Are those apps in a bit of a legal grey area? I think you have to tell the other person you're recording them or you could end up in a bit of trouble if they ever find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Are those apps in a bit of a legal grey area? I think you have to tell the other person you're recording them or you could end up in a bit of trouble if they ever find out.

Do you really care. I had a **** load of trouble with grants office losing my documents and crap last year. I recorded every single call i made to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

strobe wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know of an app that allows you to control your phone with your tablet?

For instance, I'd like to be able to send and view whatsapp messages with my phone via my tablet, if that makes sense.

For WhatsApp, just install it on your tablet, login to the App and messages should start coming in on both the phone and tablet.
    Same for a lot of different Apps like Google Hangouts/Talk, emails, if you have say a Kindle book your reading on the phone, etc...

A lot of Apps will harness the power of the 'cloud' to sync across devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Do you really care. I had a **** load of trouble with grants office losing my documents and crap last year. I recorded every single call i made to them.

If you're calling a call centre line, they will probably say "Calls may be recorded for quality and training....". So you say "Thanks very much, I will record them then".

• Advertisement

I meant more a conversation between two private individuals, not a call center or government agency. I doubt they care if you record something they are already recording.

I meant more a conversation between two private individuals, not a call center or government agency. I doubt they care if you record something they are already recording.

To bad when you need them recordings, they are nowhere to be found :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

numorouno wrote: »

I cannot seem to hear the other person on the line unless it's on loudspeaker! Am I missing something?

To bad when you need them recordings, they are nowhere to be found :)

True. I've had this problem with eircom, the sneaky fu*kers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I cannot seem to hear the other person on the line unless it's on loudspeaker! Am I missing something?

Thats how I got it to work too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sanity, available from the Play Store, has a recorder as well as a load of other call handling features.

So is there an app that will start all your incoming and outgoing calls with a message saying "This call may be recorded for Security or Training purposes".

So is there an app that will start all your incoming and outgoing calls with a message saying "This call may be recorded for Security or Training purposes".

You know you could always just say it yourself ;) don't need an app for that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    For WhatsApp, just install it on your tablet, login to the App and messages should start coming in on both the phone and tablet.
    Same for a lot of different Apps like Google Hangouts/Talk, emails, if you have say a Kindle book your reading on the phone, etc...

Can't install whatsapp on two devices at once, unless they changed it recently, it's either on one or the other device if using the same number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

jozi wrote: »
    Can't install whatsapp on two devices at once, unless they changed it recently, it's either on one or the other device if using the same number.

It can be installed alright. But I can confirm it can only be used on one at a time. It requires a text message pin code to enable activation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement