Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzgibbon Champs

• 07-03-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭

Well done to the hurlers for a great win over UL today. They were massive underdogs going into the semis against defending champs WIT yesterday and they did well to grab victory from the jaws of defeat. The performnce today was nothing short of clinical, the game was effectively over after 35 mins after the 2nd goal went in.

UCC Abu!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Good win, fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Benhonan

Very lucky to win the semi-final, Waterford will be gutted, but dominated the final and definitely showed true class. Great to see a university with no question marks over the academic results or scholarships of its players win it out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Benhonan wrote: »
    Great to see a university with no question marks over the academic results or scholarships of its players win it out

Valid point - I don't know any particular instances of teams fielding dodgy players, but I've definitely seen this happen over the years. As you say, good to see a team with no such issues doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Great win alright - what I don't like as a UCC student is that I never hear of games when they're going to be played,venue etc. I always read the reports in the UCC Express but there never seems to be any buzz about upcoming games in the Sigerson and Fitzgibbon to try drum up support for our teams. It's a shame really because there's great future talent to be seen in these competitions and watching the final the other day you could see that the standard of play was very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

The PE officer (or someone like that) sends out an e-mail about all the matches and fixtures. It must be fairly hard to tell everyone though. Not everyone in the college will check their college email regularly, and it would be very hard (nigh on impossible) to drum up support, or mass interest, in a sports event. There wouldn't be a huge percentage of students who would have enough of an interest in the GAA to go to the matches.
    Good to see the lads winning it though. Fair play to 'em!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭deisedude

PaulieC wrote: »
    Great win alright - what I don't like as a UCC student is that I never hear of games when they're going to be played,venue etc. I always read the reports in the UCC Express but there never seems to be any buzz about upcoming games in the Sigerson and Fitzgibbon to try drum up support for our teams. It's a shame really because there's great future talent to be seen in these competitions and watching the final the other day you could see that the standard of play was very high.

Ya i agree a few posters up would do no harm. I'd say most students dont even know UCC won the fitzgibbon. There wasnt even a homecoming or some sort of ceremony for the players. Well at least i didnt hear of it anyway

Advertisement