Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hitler Horror! Help!

Options
  • 03-04-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, I need serious help! I have a college assignment on Hitler. The question is basically what did hitler envisage for the germans and what solution did he suggest with regard the 'jewish question' . Must refer to 1919 and 1926 while analysing letter of 1919 the nazi party programme of 1920 and mein kamp. Now I understand the question its just hard to make it stretch to 2000 words! Does anyone have any tips or possible topics I can discuss! I'm really desperate at this point. Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I would have thought that getting that length out of the Final Solution and its evolution would be fairly straightforward. There's a lot to talk about there. But if you are struggling for inspiration then Ian Kershaw's Hitler should give you a framework and material

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 vellakare

Theres more material around on this than you can shake a fist at. If you find this difficult, I hate saying it, its likely to get much harder as your course goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The OP suggests that the student is being asked to comment on Nazi policy before they turned to the Final Solution (which came quite late in the piece - December 1941, if I remember correctly). He's asked to comment on the situation in 1919 (when the party was founded), the party programme of 1920 which Hitler had a hand in but which was largely produced by (party founders) Anton Drexler and Gottfried Feder and in any event was heavily influenced by a 1918 document from a fringe party in Austria, and on what Hitler said in Mein Kampf (published 1925/26).

In other words, it's what was being said in the 1920s that he's invited to discuss, not what was actually done in the 1930s and 1940s. And what was done was so horrifying that it dominates discussion, and tends to drown out what was initially said (which, just to be clear, was unpleasant enough, but did not include proposals for planned genocide by gassing). The 1920 party programme, for example, contains only two explicit references to Jews or Judaism (one proposing that Jews be excluded from citizenship and be treated as foreigners living in Germany, and one reference in a discussion of freedom of religion and "positive Christianity").

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

RobynneOS

There is so much material on Adolf that it would be hard not to write 2000 words.

Pergrinus has given you some good suggestions.

Read Mein Kampf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Thread closed.

Sorry but help with homework is not allowed. Refer to forum charter.
    moderator.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement