Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I decided to REPEAT the LC!!!

• 24-08-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

So i decided to repeat the LC. I only got 250 points when I was looking for 380 for my course(Arts, through Maynooth with Music). This year i studied English (OL) got a B2, Irish HL got a C1, Maths OL got an F, History OL got a C2, Biology HL got a E, French OL got a C2, and Music got a B2.

So this year I'm gonna do Higher Level English, French, History, Irish, Music and I'm thinking of picking up Geography (because of the 20% with the project).

What other subjects are easy to do in a year at higher level and get a good grade in??

Anyone who has done the LC or repeated please give me as much advice and support as you can, thank you!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

I'd look into doing business or economics if I were you the courses are fairly short and it would be easy enough to take at higher level if you put a little bit of work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

Ag science and home economics are also popular one year subjects. They also both have projects which are a handy way to pick up marks. Good luck repeating it's a tough year but so worth it if you get what you want.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭crayon1

Repeating = the best decision I ever made! :)

Accepting that CAO offer on Monday that I always wanted was the easiest decision of my life! :D

Repeating is a brave thing to do, it is very depressing when your friends are all in college and your at home doing the LC again! Make sure your 100% committed and don't waste the year! It will be tough, but it will fly and will all be worth it in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

What other subjects are easy to do in a year at higher level and get a good grade in?? Anyone who has done the LC or repeated please give me as much advice and support as you can, thank you!! :)

Here are some threads that are on the same topic,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056728464

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056734436

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80343469

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

So i decided to repeat the LC. I only got 250 points when I was looking for 380 for my course(Arts, through Maynooth with Music). This year i studied English (OL) got a B2, Irish HL got a C1, Maths OL got an F, History OL got a C2, Biology HL got a E, French OL got a C2, and Music got a B2.

So this year I'm gonna do Higher Level English, French, History, Irish, Music and I'm thinking of picking up Geography (because of the 20% with the project).

What other subjects are easy to do in a year at higher level and get a good grade in??

Anyone who has done the LC or repeated please give me as much advice and support as you can, thank you!! :)

Why are you repeating English? You got a b2 at ol so I presume you have satisfied the requirements? It is too long papers over two days plus I presume you will need to learn new play, poets etc? I wouldn't bother with French either because of oral, written and aural. You need to pass Maths this year (which I presume you struggle with) and I feel this will probably take up a lot of your time? If I were you I would do:
    Maths OL
    Irish HL
    Business HL
    Geography HL
    Music HL
    History HL
    Home ec HL

Geography and home ec both have projects worth 20%. Although people will say home ec is a very long course it is easy enough to get a c1 at HL as is geography.
    Don't underestimate c1's 6 c1's get you 420 points! If there was anyway you could do lcvp I would do it as a distinction is 70 points and a merit is 50.

• Advertisement
Advertisement