Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coolant Level Low: Refill

Options
  • 31-08-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I am getting this message "Coolant Level Low: Refill" on my SAAB SID. Its a 02 Diesel 2.2 model. I have checked the coolant level and its perfectly OK. What else could be wrong in this case. Could it be the sensor and where is the sensor located ? Any help would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There could be air in the system, which can lead to low coolant warnings. Have you had any work done on the car recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Potatoe Eater

No work carried out recently. Could it bra sensor?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Could it bra sensor?

Hard to tell. Are there any boobs in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The sensor is behind the reservoir/expansion tank

Have a look to see if it looks broken or dirty. Perhaps wiping it off will fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Potatoe Eater

Do I need to remove the tank to gain access ? I had a quick look and cant see any sensor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement