Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lane hogging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Pov06 wrote: »
    I do indeed because I have no time to slow down to 90 kmh and sit there waiting for a truck to do a 91kmh overtake on a 100 kmh road.

But 100km/h would be either M50 which had 3 lanes, so trucks can actually overtake using middle lane, or just regular double-carriage way where trucks are allowed to overtake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Patww79 wrote: »

You'd very rarely see that to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

CiniO wrote: »
    But 100km/h would be either M50 which had 3 lanes, so trucks can actually overtake using middle lane, or just regular double-carriage way where trucks are allowed to overtake.

Yes, trucks CAN overtake using the middle lane. Whether they do or not is a totally different question though.

• Advertisement

An Artic in lane 3?

Every day!

He must be the one driving the truck so :pac:

• Advertisement

I've seen them in lane 2 many's a time. Can't recall seeing one in 3. Perhaps I have but can't remember it.

They're not out there every day though lad

Never seen a truck on M50 most right lane, but doesn't mean much as I'm there only few times a year.

Buses are allowed on most right lane of motorways.

CiniO wrote: »
    Never seen a truck on M50 most right lane, but doesn't mean much as I'm there only few times a year.

When you use the M50 to commute at rush hour every day you will see a totally different story :D

Wanna bet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Try the M4. I always travel at the speed limit in the middle lane and constantly being undertook and overtook on both sides

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

thomur wrote: »
    Try the M4. I always travel at the speed limit in the middle lane and constantly being undertook and overtook on both sides
    Think long and hard - does that tell you anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Why are you in the middle lane? Should you not be in the left lane? Middle Lane Hoggers are the main reason this threat was created? No?

Knine wrote: »
    Why are you in the middle lane? Should you not be in the left lane? Middle Lane Hoggers are the main reason this threat was created? No?

Ok, maybe my lack of knowledge but I always thought it was for people who were exiting at the next exit

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ok, maybe my lack of knowledge but I always thought it was for people who were exiting at the next exit

http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/

No, you drive on the left-most lane and only go into the middle lane when you want to overtake someone in the left-most lane. Once you have finished the overtake you go back into the left-most lane.

If you want to overtake someone on the middle lane you move into the right-most lane (if on a 3 lane road), overtake and move back into the middle lane. If you are not overtaking anyone on the left-most lane then you move back into the left-most lane.

kbannon wrote: »
    Think long and hard - does that tell you anything?

Yes it does. It tells me that there are a lot of people who think that the rules don't apply to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I actually thought maybe you were joking. I think you definitely need to read the rules of the road. You are actually the cause of the undertaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭markpb

I've only ever seen two lanes on the M4, which one is the middle?

Knine wrote: »
    I actually thought maybe you were joking. I think you definitely need to read the rules of the road. You are actually the cause of the undertaking.

Really. If Im driving at the limit, how do you justify speeders overtaking me?

• Advertisement

Really. If Im driving at the limit, how do you justify speeders overtaking me?

People speeding is non of your business, unless you are driving a Garda car.

Advertisement