Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front closing bras for my mother who's been ill

• 12-08-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone come across bras that are easy to open and close ? I was thinking front closing ones. My mother has suffered minor strokes and isn't able to close her bra. I was hoping M and S but checked online and no joy. I saw them on Oxendales catalogue but they're rather big and unflattering looking and while I'm sure she wants comfort she also still wants to feel feminine.

Ideally I'd love to take her to a shop so she can get fitted and try them on.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They're not very common but you should be able to pick some up anywhere that sells bras should have them. Arnotts, M&S, Clearys etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I used to buy front clasping wonderbras years ago. They were plain satin, feminine and I found them comfortable. Not sure if they still make them. I did a quick search and found them in Sears in America, but couldn't find an Irish website. Try Shaw's maybe.

Hope your mother has a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

I know Victorias Secret arnt in Ireland (altho you can get them online) but I was in VS last week and they had 3 or 4 that closed from the front, maybe try them (there is a shop in London but not sure of a closer one). I tried two on and they were lovely and very comfortable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Nursing bras might work well? Some of those open at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 29bull

Nursing bras might work well? Some of those open at the front.

Clever idea. I'll check them out ! Thanks.

• Advertisement

They're not very common but you should be able to pick some up anywhere that sells bras should have them. Arnotts, M&S, Clearys etc?

Thanks. I'm very far away from Dublin and no luck with Arnott's online selection but going to check out our local city next week. I was hoping to narrow it down before heading to the shops. I'll definitely be calling into M + S because I only checked their online stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cleite

I just checked Figleaves for you - they do a 'Lace kiss front closing bralette" that's very pretty and another bra with a T back and front closing that's cute. I've used their site - quality is A1 and no hassle for refunds if you don't like the bra.

They also have a front zipped sports bra if dexterity is a big problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Freshpair.com have a very good selection of bras and you can select from a number of options on the left whether you want front closing, underwired, wireless etc.

They are based in the USA but they do deliver to Ireland. I regularly get my bras from them.
    I hope something there would suit your Mum.

http://www.freshpair.com/womens/bras/closure-style-front-closure.html

Ambersky wrote: »
    Freshpair.com have a very good selection of bras and you can select from a number of options on the left whether you want front closing, underwired, wireless etc.

They are based in the USA but they do deliver to Ireland. I regularly get my bras from them.
    I hope something there would suit your Mum.

Ambersky this is such a find ! thanks so much for including the page for me too. I must take her for a proper fitting and then we'll definitely look at ordering from this.

Cleite wrote: »
    I just checked Figleaves for you - they do a 'Lace kiss front closing bralette" that's very pretty and another bra with a T back and front closing that's cute. I've used their site - quality is A1 and no hassle for refunds if you don't like the bra.

They also have a front zipped sports bra if dexterity is a big problem.

You're very kind thanks Cleite ! I completely forgot about this site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

29bull
    Glad you like the site 29bull and like I said they do deliver here so thats great and they have sales on regularly. I find it can often be cheaper than buying in Ireland. It is inconvenient not being able to try them on though.
    Do have a read of the reviews on the various bras. In some of them the reviewers report that the bra was true to size and in others they may say the brand tends to be a little big or small in their fittings. That can be a particular customers bias or opinion so it can be a good idea to order one and find out if it fits first before ordering a few on any one kind.
    I havent done any returns but I believe you can and you can phone their customer service for any information if you want as well. I have in the past and found them very efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I have a nice very comfortable bra by wonderbra that is a front fastener and easy to open and close so they might be worth checking too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Every front fastening bra ive ever had has been so uncomfortable.
    I do like the front opening sports bras though, although it is an effort to get them zipped up!!

Advertisement