Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

vu+ duo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 casheltipp

Hi Gambiaman,
    Could you PM the config files that worked for you if its not too much trouble.
    5 days after trying to set up oscam and I got it to spark up for 5 minutes, then I messed up my configs again. Thanks for letting us know it works on the vu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

why is everyone using oscam?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

irishgeo wrote: »
    why is everyone using oscam?

Because Sky have made some recent changes in an attempt to knock out cardsharing which means that certain channels will no longer decrypt with CCCam but will with Oscam. This also obviously impacts on people using FTV cards and legit subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

gambiaman wrote: »
    Yes, I have it working in Vix 2.0 (should be okay for Vix 2.1, my main image is BH146 and I multiboot other images but there is no .nfi file for latest Vix for me to try that one out)

I will PM you the link for VIX cams and my configs

Cheers, gambiaman.
    OSCam working fine for me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

what channels were not clearing with cccam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

glic83 wrote: »
    what channels were not clearing with cccam?

Pick TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

whats on that channel worth watching?just asking,wouldnt bother changing to oscam for 1 channel,now if it was a few that would be a different matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

glic83 wrote: »
    whats on that channel worth watching?just asking,wouldnt bother changing to oscam for 1 channel,now if it was a few that would be a different matter

It used to be Sky3, so nothing much!
    It's as Apogee said, Sky appear to be changing things and cccam is being hit and it's not as supported as oscam it seems.

Wwatfa wrote: »
    ok,
    what is the last VIX ? and which one is highly recommended?
    does it come pre-loaded with the softcams?
    if no where do i get them from ?

My last version used was 2.0 which was great.

The latest is 2.1.x (2.1 is the download then you need to do several online updates to get the latest)
    AFAIK, there have been several issues with 2.1x but as jgc has said, it is working fine for him now.
    The only reason I changed to Blackhole was support for my DTT stick.
    Cams are not installed with the image or available for download within the image although it still has the autocam manager - all VIX compatible cams are here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Hi , may I ask what DTT stick are you using. I have the win nova here but it does not work all the time on black hole image.?

M
    The only reason I changed to Blackhole was support for my DTT stick.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wwatfa

Thanks Mate !

Tony wrote: »
    Hi , may I ask what DTT stick are you using. I have the win nova here but it does not work all the time on black hole image.?

Hi Tony, I'm using the Avermedia Volar Black HD (A850/driver is AF9015) http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/product/productdetail.aspx?id=460, Vix has drivers for it in 2.1 but it still doesn't work.

I've notcied that channels will not work after a gui restart (changing skin etc), a reboot is needed to get them back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Tony, I can confirm that Nova t works perfectly with Latest Vix 2.1. Installed it last week with no problems since.

givecredit wrote: »
    Tony, I can confirm that Nova t works perfectly with Latest Vix 2.1. Installed it last week with no problems since.

Thanks for that but think i'll stick with black hole image

Just the info i needed , thanks

Hi Tony, I'm using the Avermedia Volar Black HD (A850/driver is AF9015) http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/product/productdetail.aspx?id=460, Vix has drivers for it in 2.1 but it still doesn't work.

I've notcied that channels will not work after a gui restart (changing skin etc), a reboot is needed to get them back

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

Hi, Im going to get this box asap, but here is the question for those who bought vu+ from spanish company mentioned in previous posts. What is the rev. of your mobo, is it 2.3? Just wanna make sure this is the newest model.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Righthammer

It was really quite simple in the end to switch to OScam - it was the trying to get oscam and cccam talking that I drove me up the wall.

If you want them let me know.

Hi Gambiaman ,

Could you pm me the oscam details also..tks

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Gambiaman: would also very much appreciate the oscam details...

-fm

anyone have problems with CrossEPG downloader?

mine is not working and when i select it in the plugins menu , it brings up the loading data for about 20 seconds and the goes back to the plugin menu.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm having the same problem with that stick on Vix 2.0

It'll work fine for a while, but if I watch satellite for extended periods and then go back to the Nova, I just get Tune Failed error, meaning I need to restart.

I might try VIX 2.1 over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

irishgeo wrote: »
    anyone have problems with CrossEPG downloader?

mine is not working and when i select it in the plugins menu , it brings up the loading data for about 20 seconds and the goes back to the plugin menu.

you have to press blue first then select vix. scroll to crossepg and select the source you want {for uk channels select open tv 28.2 source} then exit out of all menus and press blue again and selct crossepg downloader. it will now work :D

irishchris wrote: »
    you have to press blue first then select vix. scroll to crossepg and select the source you want {for uk channels select open tv 28.2 source} then exit out of all menus and press blue again and selct crossepg downloader. it will now work :D

i had done all that after the upgrade.

i got it working last night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What's the cheapest place to pick up a solo at the minute lads?

satshop.tv have it for €280 incl. shipping. any better deals around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What's the cheapest place to pick up a solo at the minute lads?

satshop.tv have it for €280 incl. shipping. any better deals around?

ielektronics have then for €250 and you should be able to Google for a €20/€30 discount code.

http://www.ielektroniks.com/tv-digital/vu-solo.html

Can anyone who has the Vu+ Solo confirm that it's essentially the same as the Duo apart form the single tuner and external HDD? Is the firmware, menu layout, EPG and USB DVB-T support the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Apogee wrote: »
    ielektronics have then for €250 and you should be able to Google for a €20/€30 discount code.

http://www.ielektroniks.com/tv-digital/vu-solo.html

Can anyone who has the Vu+ Solo confirm that it's essentially the same as the Duo apart form the single tuner and external HDD? Is the firmware, menu layout, EPG and USB DVB-T support the same?

i have duo and solo and both are identical in terms of use- vix image is same on both solo and duo. only difference is one has single tuner and one double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wwatfa

hi guys !

i have a small issue !

i have an original card (viaccess) purchased for the French Bouquet: BIS TV

it runs on Viaccess 4

which softcam would be best to use in order to get the card working ?

tried it with CCcam 2.2.1 and it did not work (on DM 800)

now that i have the VU+ Duo, which softcam to do you recommend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Wwatfa wrote: »
    hi guys !

i have a small issue !

i have an original card (viaccess) purchased for the French Bouquet: BIS TV

it runs on Viaccess 4

which softcam would be best to use in order to get the card working ?

tried it with CCcam 2.2.1 and it did not work (on DM 800)

now that i have the VU+ Duo, which softcam to do you recommend ?

I'm not sure about bis but I have tntsat working perfectly (both sd and hd channels) with hypercam 2.1.2. It also uses a viaccess 4 card. I know hypercam certainly used to support bis.tv as well but i'm not sure if it still does or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

With the French cards hypercam is always a good choice .. most of the french people i know always use hypercam for their local cards

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Lads any one hear any update on

www.world-of-satellite.com

It was to be back yesterday. But doesnt seem to be.

Are they having the worst luck ever in the history of the internet with hosts.

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

dfdream wrote: »
    Lads any one hear any update on

www.world-of-satellite.com

It was to be back yesterday. But doesnt seem to be.

Are they having the worst luck ever in the history of the internet with hosts.

D

Site is up and down like a yo yo. Something odd about that imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement