Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor?

• 23-06-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

hi don't know if this is the right place for it..

(if not can a mod please move thanks!)

Vodafone contract customer for over a decade and have decided to move (owing to very poor customer support in last 18mths) to meteor's 30 day rolling contract as its better value (€20 less) with more mins and texts than current vodafone contract and what they are willing to offer.. I'm using wondering what issues people are having with meteor be it with network, customer service, billing etc...

thanks in advance everyone!
    have a nice weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

We've been with meteor for about 3 years now. We've 2 bill and 1 pay as you go phones. Never had a problem with the signal even when we travelled around Ireland for a few days. Cost wise id pay 80 a month for all three which i think is great value. Im constantly on my internet with no wifi outdoors. I had a problem with customer service last year when i was setting up my daughters pay as you go. Even though it was registered in my hubbys name they were very insistent on speaking to my daughter. She was 11 and i wasn't going to let her talk to a stranger when there was no need. Eventually a supervisor sorted it out for us, but the original yoke we were onto was very rude and obnoxious. Saying that I've been onto customer service a lot of times since and they've all been lovely and very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Been with meteor for awhile now find them very good, customer care always answer no waiting ages, I'm on the €15.25 a month bill pay and find it very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I've been with Meteor since March and I'm pretty happy with price and service. Not so fond of calling or using their forum but I find their twitter handle great for customer support:
    @Meteor_Mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Been with them about a month and find them very good. I'm on the €30 top up and free calls to all networks plan. I get €20 free credit a month. I pay €10 for BlackBerry and use cabbage for my texts.

Agree with cookie regarding customer care on twitter. Top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

I have the 30 day rolling contract called Bill Pay Smart Lite.

When I signed up in November it was 20e a month, then in the new year I saw it advertised for 15.25 a month.

I chanced my arm ringing up and politely said I wanted to avail of the 15.25 deal, expecting to be told its only for new sign ups or something, but instead the reply was "ok, no problem, what i'll do is discount your bill by 5 a month. Ok thats done, anything else I can help you with?" The whole thing was done in about 4 minutes from the time i dialed customer care.

Im really pleased with what I get for my 15e/month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

thanks for all the replys everyone.. meteor here I come!... well in 10 days.. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

dont go to meteor, read my tread, it is still not solved and no one got their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Moved to Meteor at the dart if the year, the only issue I have is having more money at the end of the month.

Previously I was with Vodafone and found their service, and price very poor.

After leaving Vodafone I save around €40 a month ( after being moved from one plan to another with Vodafone )

Advertisement