Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

This post has been deleted.

Same as me, dosnt bother me tho as im in no rush for it.
    Plus PM gave me a free gift yesterday of some slippers and a mircofiber towel which was very nice haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Can anyone tell me if there's any point in me buying this if I already have an XBMC HTPC hooked up to my TV?

I'm looking for an excuse to buy it ;)

Got mine yesterday, and I'm actually using it only for its purpose! And with the hundreds of newly released movies available, I am of course watching Groundhog Day.

EDIT: For those who also are buying it for Now TV, in case you haven't seen the other thread, you can get 6 months for £15. (I think there is also a 3 months for £3 deal somewhere but it may have expired.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I am getting same message as you. We have been notified that your item is being shipped by the retailer; the next scan will appear when we receive this item.

No panic I am sure it will deliver by end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

do you have to pay for certain movies to watch on it or are they all free once you pay the subscription?

• Advertisement

All free

• Site Banned Posts: 87 ✭✭F35

Anyone got a spare Playstation Plus 90 Day Subscription Pass?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This looks like a good bargain, hopefully it can run Netflix and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

This looks like a good bargain, hopefully it can run Netflix and the likes

Id imagine Netflix wont be supported by it without a hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Excellent article on Engadget about it

• Advertisement

eamon234 wrote: »
    Excellent article on Engadget about it

Not bad, I'll probably side load plex the minute I get it.
    Good article tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And there is progress, my parcel is now in the national delivery centre for processing, so I hope to have it for the weekend just in time for the 6 month for 15£ offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

And there is progress, my parcel is now in the national delivery centre for processing, so I hope to have it for the weekend just in time for the 6 month for 15£ offer.

Snap so is mine, should have it on Friday I'd imagine.

Just as a note, mine seems to randomly need to buffer at some points in a movie, even though my internet speeds are fine. Their servers are probably being whacked with all of these being bought in the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Does it work from Ireland or do you need to change your DNS?

Now TV works, iplayer etc. require DNS change / VPN.

Could I get some links off you to put on the OP, just for people (Inc myself) know where to get membership an details/deals etc
    Cheers

Could I get some links off you to put on the OP, just for people (Inc myself) know where to get membership an details/deals etc
    Cheers

6 months for £15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Try this.

You just linked to what I linked to. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

You just linked to what I linked to. ;)

Your link didn't work for me.

It just linked me to this: http://xn--6%20months%20for%2015-twa/

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find xn--6 months for 15-twa"

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Your link didn't work for me.

It just linked me to this: http://xn--6%20months%20for%2015-twa/

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find xn--6 months for 15-twa"

Oops. :o

Fixed

Just ordered the tv box and signed up to the 6 months movie package. How do I set it up when I get it so I can view it from my house in Dublin, do I have to change the setting to UK?

bri007 wrote: »
    Just ordered the tv box and signed up to the 6 months movie package. How do I set it up when I get it so I can view it from my house in Dublin, do I have to change the setting to UK?

Now TV will work straight away, Iplayer etc. won't.

Thanks,just tried it on my laptop,works perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Can someone point me in the direction of a site that gives info about these tv boxes ? I'm interesting in getting one but know nothing about XBMC, Roku, Boxee, etc and want to understand which is the best one for what I want.

Also am I right to say that this box in the OP only requires an initial £9 + £15 sub for six months and then you have all movies free for half a year ? And what is Sky's movie collection actually like ? I signed up a trial for Netflix last year, searched for 'Star Wars', nothing, Apocolypse Now, nothing and so on so I didn't bother with the full sub. Is NowTV similar, i.e. lots of movies but not what you actually want ?

RATM wrote: »
    Also am I right to say that this box in the OP only requires an initial £9 + £15 sub for six months and then you have all movies free for half a year ?

Yep
    And what is Sky's movie collection actually like ? I signed up a trial for Netflix last year, searched for 'Star Wars', nothing, Apocolypse Now, nothing and so on so I didn't bother with the full sub. Is NowTV similar, i.e. lots of movies but not what you actually want ?

You can see the movies here.

RATM wrote: »
    Can someone point me in the direction of a site that gives info about these tv boxes ? I'm interesting in getting one but know nothing about XBMC, Roku, Boxee, etc and want to understand which is the best one for what I want.

Also am I right to say that this box in the OP only requires an initial £9 + £15 sub for six months and then you have all movies free for half a year ? And what is Sky's movie collection actually like ? I signed up a trial for Netflix last year, searched for 'Star Wars', nothing, Apocolypse Now, nothing and so on so I didn't bother with the full sub. Is NowTV similar, i.e. lots of movies but not what you actually want ?

As with anything it takes time for these streaming services to pick up, there are plenty of similar box's like minix neo series and other Chinese brands. They all vary in price but almost all alow xbmc and other apps to stream things for free, not only that but they allow you to download and run every app that's in the play store on then.

This is just a good deal and you get free services from it, paying is an option for films.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Has anyone received a box yet. Did you make any mods to it and did the box work.

• Advertisement

Has anyone received a box yet. Did you make any mods to it and did the box work.

Yes, haven't done any mods. The only thing you can do with it right now is install Plex, which I don't use.

Advertisement