Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Irish women in the British army?

Options
  • 23-04-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

hi , please serious posters only, I am looking for some info on if any irish women have joined or been in the british army? Im very interested in joining

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I have two Friends who are from here in the RAF and the Royal Navy,don't know any girls in the army though.They both love their careers,the way of life,the social sides,the pay and the experience.Go for it,try it out if it's not for you it's not for you but if it is it's a job like no other.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

There are certainly quite a few from Northern Ireland. I know personally (although not well) one and know of one other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

clarbar wrote: »
    hi , please serious posters only, I am looking for some info on if any irish women have joined or been in the british army? Im very interested in joining

In the past most women from the south have mainly served in the Queen Alexandra's Royal army nursing corps (QARANC), theres a few in various London TA units, mostly medical. Unlike males, women often move to England, get familar with the place then apply when they see the opportunites that exist in HM armed forces. I know at least one who was attached to 16 air assault bde while serving with the Royal army medical corps.

What intrests you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Sorry was tired and didnt read the question properly!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Border-Rat wrote: »
    No, a moderator has insinuated that I have been engaging in 'sectarian ****', whatever the swear word he/she used actually was. I'll wait around for he/she to elaborate. In the meantime, I reported him/her.

He's not a moderator on this forum.

And since you're the one that decided to bring sects into this thread, I don't believe you're entirely blameless in this either. Whether Ian Paisley is one of the 5% or whatever who considers themselves Irish has precisely zero to do with the thread subject.

Now, I need to go delete off-topic stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement