Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Quarry

• 16-03-2010 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Airsoft Reloaded have now jumped into Drogheda airsoft to open The Qaurry.

We will be removing all tyres, pallets and replacing them with sandbags, cars and other sorts of proper cover. We will be constructing a safe + changing area, doing the marshalling along with John and building a cqb arena in the open area at the back. We will also be getting the site affiliated to the IAA to alleviate any concerns some of you may have.

The opening day of The Quarry will be the 27th, hope to see you all there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

sounds good man may have to make the journey up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Airsoft UG

Hope this goes well for you guys looking forward to seeing it whens it done .good luck with new venture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

Best of luck with this guys.
    Looking forward to it.

I'll have to take a couple of the guys up.

What time do the doors open and can you give us a picture of what type of games will be played?

Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

Best of luck there guys,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Good luck with the site guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭citizenken

Nice one Brian , hope it goes well, im in mac for that weekend, but Ill try and get up the following week for sure.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm sure youll see me there soon, such a good spot,

bye bye ****ty tyres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REJOICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭GoTac

Best of luck guys, played there before and look forward to the revamp...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Thanks all, gates will open at 10am sharp.

As anyone who has been there before would know the site itself offers excellent terain so with a wee bit of help it will be a top notch site.

There will be a few different types of games, a detailed list will be posted closer to the day but off the top of my head I would say games like hostage, bomb and double assault e.t.c.

Thanks for the well wishes guys and I look forward to seeing you all down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Is this in the old quarry? Same gate? Will have to make a trip up as soon as it opens. Haven't been out in a while. Good Luck guys i wish you all the best :)

Sean.

swiftblade wrote: »
    Is this in the old quarry? Same gate? Will have to make a trip up as soon as it opens. Haven't been out in a while. Good Luck guys i wish you all the best :)

Sean.

It is the old quarry mate, same gate. I'll see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Best of luck lads:):) onwards and upwards;);) I look forward to seeing the improvements.

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

thanks for the pm Brian yea sounds great. i'll be there alright count me in. i suppose we'll be expecting a large turn out for the event. 27th of this month is it

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    thanks for the pm Brian yea sounds great. i'll be there alright count me in. i suppose we'll be expecting a large turn out for the event. 27th of this month is it

It is the 27th indeed Anthony, we can only hope for a good turnout mate. See you then boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

good to here this always liked the terrain at drogdhea definatly some of the best, but slow marshalling and lack of improvments always kept me from going to the site. With a few improvments and a bit more pep in their step will make this a very good site i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

good to here this always liked the terrain at drogdhea definatly some of the best, but slow marshalling and lack of improvments always kept me from going to the site. With a few improvments and a bit more pep in their step will make this a very good site i would say.

Couldn't agree more. I could easily see it as being one of the best around if its done right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

Is the 27th a test game like the opening of Ambush or a pay to play day?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Good Luck guys. Hopefully the seac gang will be in a position to travel this year

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

No test game Dave (the place has had several test games), €20 for the day mate.

Lonew0lf wrote: »
    Is the 27th a test game like the opening of Ambush or a pay to play day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

D'oh. How did I miss those test games? I spend too much time drinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

i loved playin up there tyres or no tyres that place has the potential to be a great site
    needs a lil something to it but its a good site just dont chop that gorse down that makes the site

lash a few gaffs out the back at the towers and it will be magic

Guwan Brian get yore skill saw out

moggser wrote: »
    i loved playin up there tyres or no tyres that place has the potential to be a great site
    needs a lil something to it but its a good site just dont chop that gorse down that makes the site

lash a few gaffs out the back at the towers and it will be magic

Guwan Brian get yore skill saw out

I will indeed Moggser, the natural buzz of the place will be left alone. We are just replacing tyres, pallets and all that with cars, sandbag walls and building a cqb village. Your gonna love it boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

oooooohhhhhhhhh improvments will so be there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

I will indeed Moggser, the natural buzz of the place will be left alone. We are just replacing tyres, pallets and all that with cars, sandbag walls and building a cqb village. Your gonna love it boss.

good man your smelf will def be back up when its done post pix anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Mperrozzi wrote: »
    oooooohhhhhhhhh improvments will so be there!!!
    not you marco...
    LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

just a suggestion Brian but the one time i played there was with aon thought the site was ace but one downer was the stones. if you could rent a whacker machine they are like a lawn mower that would compact the stone and would'nt be so loose under foot i nearly broke my ankle a few times and also this would act like a base for any building or cover you would be putting out in the open area.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Lads, Best of luck with the joint venture. :)

From all the gang at South East Airsoft

Will take this on board Anthony but it is a quarry so getting rid of the stone will probably be a bit of a problem.

We are planning on digging a large trench at the back of the hill (in between the two hills) and building a bridge over it (though it could be a while before we do this ofcourse) so we could use the soil from that to cover some (SOME) of the stone in the large open area.

Sound good mate?

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    just a suggestion Brian but the one time i played there was with aon thought the site was ace but one downer was the stones. if you could rent a whacker machine they are like a lawn mower that would compact the stone and would'nt be so loose under foot i nearly broke my ankle a few times and also this would act like a base for any building or cover you would be putting out in the open area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Golf Mike 2

well done guys delighted to hear you're up and going again - we'll have to get a delegation over from Bray - best of luck with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement