Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Size Perspective of smallest to biggest known things in the universe

• 20-06-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

This gives a good perspective of the biggest to the smallest known matter.

It absolutly blew my mind.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Lol at the size of a minecraft world, just greater than the size of earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Unbelievable. Scrolling to the left reminded me too much of Leaving Cert Physics so I opted more for the right hand side. Incredible size comparisons. Thanks for that.

Also, I never realised that Texas was only the second largest American state in terms of land area. I'd completely forgotten just how big Alaska is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!

MY MIND!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jigital

I've seen visual comparisons of the sizes of planets and stars, but not stuff at the microscopic scale. Very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

"Estimated size of the universe."

Huh? We have an estimate for that? What do we believe to be beyond that estimated space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

whirlpool wrote: »

Huh? We have an estimate for that? What do we believe to be beyond that estimated space?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

whirlpool wrote: »

No matter? Who the f*ck knows. The whole thought of infinity is weird to me. How can something go on forever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Biggest thing in the Universe? I see no evidence of your mother's whorism.

Advertisement