Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[SC] UFOs

Options
  • 19-06-2009 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Ok,
    In my boredom I have been looking up UFOs, aliens and stuff of the like.
    I'm just wondering has anyone on here had any experiences of them and I came across something about a UFO that's alleged to have crashed in the Curlew
    Mountains Co. Roscommon.
    Just wondering about this stuff like!
    Thanks,
    Icedtea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

The aliens are generally ok but the probing is just not on.:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Any chance of a link to the crash info you found?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

I think this is just a story that jumped on the Roswell bandwagon. It was the 90's and it happened at the hight of the Roswell phenomona.
    There was a crash but most likely military aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

The ufo trend is the military s best friend.Hey that rhymes-nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I have seen tons of Unidentified Flying Objects.

But that is hardly surprising, I'm not a aviation engineer or a meteorologist so most of the time when I look up into the sky and see something I don't recognise I've no idea what I'm looking at. Go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bergheim

There are many respectable witnesses who have seen UFOs. One good sign of a real UFO sighting is if you have a pet around, like a dog, and it starts barking wildly. Because animals are very sensible to electromagnetic radiation which often is part of real UFO sightings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

bergheim wrote: »
    There are many respectable witnesses who have seen UFOs. One good sign of a real UFO sighting is if you have a pet around, like a dog, and it starts barking wildly. Because animals are very sensible to electromagnetic radiation which often is part of real UFO sightings.

Says who? My dog barks at pretty much anything it likes, nothing to do with UFOs. She has heightened smell and hearing, so things set her off that i wouldn't notice. Nonsense to suggest it is a UFO, even more nonsensical to suggest a dog can detect ER, they would have to see it, which would be incredibly difficult for a dog as they have much more limited vision than humans.

Show me a "real" UFO sighting where electromagnetic radiation was recorded? A UFO was sighted, the ER rose and when the UFO left the ER levels diminished?

Awful post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

The event is known as the Boyle Incident,
    Possible military test, but why was a foreign power carrying out tests over Ireland?
    According to filed reports, dogs do go mental during events, however mostly when a "Grey " is actually sighted, not so much when an object is seen in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I read about the Boyle incident in Dermot Butler and Carl Nallys book .... a lot of what they reported though wasn't really convincing all the same. Well, it read like a Sunday redtop. Not much actual evidence of it being alien.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ninjamonkey

maccored wrote: »
    I read about the Boyle incident in Dermot Butler and Carl Nallys book .... a lot of what they reported though wasn't really convincing all the same. Well, it read like a Sunday redtop. Not much actual evidence of it being alien.

omg is this thing still really bubbling on .... Sheesh .... cant believe it gets like 1 post a year, and its still being mentioned.... oh well.

bergheim wrote: »

Hmm.. respectable witnesses - name one ? show me proof ?

But you are correct, Dogs DO bark wildly at UFO's, ..BUT they also bark wildly at other dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, foxes, cars, shadows, flies, birds, or anything in general that moves, and in many cases a wide variety of things that do not move. So all things considered they are not the best yardstick to decide if you are seeing a UFO or not.

Also by a "REAL UFO" Sighting ..what do you mean? A real UFO sighting can be many things to many people. It can be a red light followed by a white light, travelling fast from right to left. (for example) this scenario could also indicate the observer was observing the port( left) wing and the Tail navigation lights of an evening Aer Lingus, or Ryanair flight into Dublin / Cork / Shannon. However if the observer is unfamiliar with the navigation light configuration of aircraft - it may appear to them as an unknown ... Would your dog bark at it ???? .. Probably ... :)

icedtea wrote: »
    Ok,
    In my boredom I have been looking up UFOs, aliens and stuff of the like.
    I'm just wondering has anyone on here had any experiences of them and I came across something about a UFO that's alleged to have crashed in the Curlew
    Mountains Co. Roscommon.
    Just wondering about this stuff like!
    Thanks,
    Icedtea

Oh, and by the way, I dont believe this had anything to do with Aliens, a UFO ... yes possibly. but definitely not alien. especially if you are to believe the stories of a Garda going up to investigate a crash, and being met by U.S Army ( well they certainly were not the regular army thats for sure) and told the Area was "Off Limits" .. join the dots, its not that hard to figure out what it "May" have been , where it came from, and where it was going to. - *IF* it happened :)

The event is known as the Boyle Incident,
    Possible military test, but why was a foreign power carrying out tests over Ireland?
    According to filed reports, dogs do go mental during events, however mostly when a "Grey " is actually sighted, not so much when an object is seen in the air.

They were not " carrying out tests over Ireland? " do some research, join the dots, its not hard to figure out why Roscommon. All you need is a map , a ruler, some research and some common sense. - now I am not saying i am right, but this all has a very logical answer

I'll even give you a starting clue ...

"Far have I traveled and Much have I seen"

Have fun :)

Advertisement