Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two year old sips White Russian in Boston eatery...

• 04-05-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

...cops and ambulance called.
    http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1251906
    Got milk?

South Boston toddler Jadm Moschella apparently thought he’d hit the motherlode Saturday night when, while out to dinner with his parents and stepsister, he reached for a glass and began drinking - a white Russian intended for his dad!

“It’s white and he thought it was milk. He took one sip and started gagging,” said 2-year-old Jadm’s outraged mother, Jessica Smith, 22, who immediately called police from her table at the Rainbow Dragon restaurant on West Broadway.

“I was so scared,” she told the Herald. “I grabbed it out of his hand. Jeez. Try to get dinner and it’s a crime scene.”

Smith said Jadm’s father, Albert Moschella, 35, had ordered the potent potion of vodka, cream and coffee liquer, while his daughter was waiting on a Sprite and Smith, a fruity sex on the beach cocktail.

Liang Hu, a manager at Rainbow Dragon, said the family’s waiter placed all the beverages in the center of the table and later apologized for the mixup.

“The kids’ parents ordered the drinks. Our waiter made the drinks. The waiter put the drinks on the table. The parents didn’t watch the kids,” Hu charged.

Smith acknowledged the waiter’s mea culpa, but said, “My son just drank alcohol. Sorry’s not going to cover it. I said to him, ‘Did you card my 2-year-old tonight?’ ”

Smith accepted responsibility for parental distractions as she said the drinks were served while she was gathering up the menus to give their food order. She said Moschella was reading his horoscope to his daughter from a placemat.

Paramedics responded to the eatery and determined Jadm was fine, and a grateful Smith said her son, seemingly bored with his Big Burst juice box, never acted tipsy.

“He’s a smart 2-year-old,” she said. “We go (to Rainbow Dragon) all the time, but I’ll never go back.”

Boston police spokesman officer Joe Zanoli said the incident appeared to have been an accident that fortunately ended well.

“The preliminary investigation does not show any wrongdoing by the establishment,” Zanoli said. “We will look into any potential violations. If any are found, a licensed premise violation may be issued at a later date.”

Some people are idiots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Comment from another website:
    So the mother was 19 when she got pregnant by a 32 year old, and then names the baby Jadm.

And now mommy is trying to set up a bogus lawsuit.

Yeah, that kid's got a good future ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is news? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Thirsty baby, hidden vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

ScumLord wrote: »
    This is news? :confused:

It's generally assumed that children that age should be tea toddlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Where the fcuk do they get off blaming the waiter for that? :rolleyes:

Should he have supervised their meal too? Morons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Dumb mother.

“He’s a smart 2-year-old,” she said. “We go (to Rainbow Dragon) all the time, but I’ll never go back.”

If it was my restaraunt i'd ban her from ever setting foot in the door again.

Son drinks some alcohol and her first instinct is to call the police? I bet she got a whiff of a potential lawsuit. ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

bronte wrote: »
    Where the fcuk do they get off blaming the waiter for that? :rolleyes:

Should he have supervised their meal too? Morons.
    "Sowwi sir, arrow me to brow that for yew so you no burn you'self and rake a rawsuit against us." :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

“I grabbed it out of his hand. Jeez. Try to get dinner and it’s a crime scene.”

“My son just drank alcohol. Sorry’s not going to cover it."

" ‘Did you card my 2-year-old tonight?’ ”
    Histrionics much?

I can see why Albert Moschella ordered such a "potent" drink in the first place

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Bonito wrote: »
    "Sowwi sir, arrow me to brow that for yew so you no burn you'self and rake a rawsuit against us." :p

Ah, Jim Davidson, how lovely to have you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

My brother drank a half bottle of Mateus Rosé when he was about 9 months old, he loved it.

Apparently he couldn't sit up straight and laughed solidly for an hour and a half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Dizzy bitch calling the cops first; cool kid - decent taste in beverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

This level of news reporting would make you proud of the sun newspaper

edit: I don't think the inclusion of a latin phraze gives the author any sense of respectability...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

This happened in Massachusetts?

Witchcraft then, definitely witchcraft to blame.

• “My son just drank alcohol. Sorry’s not going to cover it."

So what?

I would love to have a conversation with someone like that and try to understand how they became so stupid, you would swear the child was after injecting heroin. It was only a bit of bloody vodka sure it wouldn't do a thing on him.

The parents should have been charged for wasting police time and being clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

How does a two year old get a glass of liquid from the center of a restaurant table?

I don't know any who could even drink out of a glass, let alone stand up on a chair, reach over the table, pick up the glass and start drinking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

How does a two year old get a glass of liquid from the center of a restaurant table?

I don't know any who could even drink out of a glass, let alone stand up on a chair, reach over the table, pick up the glass and start drinking it.
    Especially if it's one of them big Chinese tables that have a rotating centre. I hope this bitch gets done for attempted fund.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

‘Did you card my 2-year-old tonight?’

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... like he fúcking asked for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Albert Moschella, 35, had ordered the potent potion of vodka, cream and coffee liquer, while his daughter was waiting on a Sprite and Smith, a fruity sex on the beach cocktail

Am I missing something here, his daughter was waiting on a drink and he's 35 and the legal age limit in the US is 21, Ive read that wrong somehow havent I??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

He had a sip. Probably more alcohol in a spoon of Calpol. Every kid in Ireland has drank bottles of that stuff over the years. Not like it turned us into a nation of alcoholics is it?

Oh wait....:D

Still alcohol is the least of that kids problems with moronic parents like that. They should be charged with wasting emergency services time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Meh, sure down the local people would have just laughed it off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

What a load of shíte!!!! Hope it never gets to the stage in ireland that parents try to get a lawsuit out of a sip of alcohol . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭ceegee

PK2008 wrote: »
    Am I missing something here, his daughter was waiting on a drink and he's 35 and the legal age limit in the US is 21, Ive read that wrong somehow havent I??
    Yes, yes you have. Daughter = sprite, dozy bint of a mother = cocktail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

ceegee wrote: »
    Yes, yes you have. Daughter = sprite, dozy bint of a mother = cocktail

Hahaha, I thought it said the daughter was waiting on a drink called a "Sprite and Smith", which is a fruity cocktail :D

Maybe I should lay off the vodka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

America FUP YEAH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Jadm?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

When my little brother made his confirmation, he took the "no alcohol til you're 18" pledge. We went for a meal with family after and my father ordered a round of drinks for everyone. My brother had asked for a fanta orange and when he saw it at the bar he downed the lot because he was parched.
    Turns out it was someones vodka and orange. :pac:

Reckon we could have had a case there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

And that kid eventually grew up to be known as The Dude, His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The Dude approves ......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

She said the child was clever.

I bet the little sh1t knew he was picking up a white russian.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

PK2008 wrote: »
    Hahaha, I thought it said the daughter was waiting on a drink called a "Sprite and Smith", which is a fruity cocktail :D

Maybe I should lay off the vodka

I understood the same thing. Now it all makes sense.

Except for the ridiculous incident we're discussing.
    This does not seem remotely strange to me. What kind of dumb-ass two year olds are you hanging around with?

/waits for über-shaming "My son is two, I'll have you know!!!"

Advertisement