Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ash cloud on its way back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

:eek::eek::eek:I'm due to go to Leeds on Friday to see Leeds play in the biggest game at Elland Road in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Don Keypunch

OMG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Already posted.

IBTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

OMG

Well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Merge time!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

More here

Irish airspace to close 6am tomorrow to 1pm approx as it stands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

jk86 wrote: »
    Shiiiiiite. Flight of the Conchords have to get here on Wednesday too :(

Aptly named!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

OMG

OMG I can't believe you missed the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I think it warrants an OMFG tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Does anyone know if this is looking to be a long disruption like the last one? The guy on RTE was very vague. Due to fly on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

JokerD wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:I'm due to go to Leeds on Friday to see Leeds play in the biggest game at Elland Road in a long time

There is no way i hell I'm missing that match. Gonna investigate booking a ferry now just to make sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

From what I gathered, your man on RTE appeared to be saying that it was gonna clear up by the end of 2moro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Does anyone know if this is looking to be a long disruption like the last one? The guy on RTE was very vague. Due to fly on Monday.
    But.... today is Monday!!! :eek::eek::eek:

dun Dun DUN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

i think this explains it all
    flanree wrote:
    facebook_copy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Sh1te,my mam is meant to be going on holiday on Wednesday. She's been planning it for months. Hope to fcuk the wind changes direction or something.

Oh,and she's not rich,she's been saving like mad. Just in case certain people have a problem with things like that :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

alwaysadub wrote: »
    ****e,my mam is meant to be going on holiday on Wednesday. She's been planning it for months. Hope to fcuk the wind changes direction or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

BrookieD wrote: »
    More here

Irish airspace to close 6am tomorrow to 1pm approx as it stands

6am?!?!? Where did you see that or is it a typo?

My parents are supposed to arrive in Shannon at 6:10am so im hoping its still 7am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Kingp35 wrote: »
    There is no way i hell I'm missing that match. Gonna investigate booking a ferry now just to make sure...

I'm checking too, ferry to Holyhead, then train straight to Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Hazys wrote: »
    6am?!?!? Where did you see that or is it a typo?

My parents are supposed to arrive in Shannon at 6:10am so im hoping its still 7am

From Ryanair site

POSSIBLE VOLCANO DISRUPTIONS IRELAND & UK 4 MAY 2010

Ryanair has been advised by the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) of possible disruptions and closures of some Irish and the UK airspace from 0600hrs on Tuesday 4th May. Ryanair expects some disruptions and cancellations, particularly to / from airports in the west of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland. As information is made available by the IAA during the evening of 3rd May and early morning 4th May, Ryanair will update intending passengers through the Ryanair.com website. All intending passengers flying with Ryanair on 4th May should check in online as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

But.... today is Monday!!! :eek::eek::eek:

dun Dun DUN!!!

OHNOES! I should be on a plane now!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Ah well..... here we go again! :rolleyes:

But seriously, I saw no volcanic ash last time, even though at some points, it was supposed to have covered all of freaking Ireland!

Ah well..... here we go again! :rolleyes:

But seriously, I saw no volcanic ash last time, even though at some points, it was supposed to have covered all of freaking Ireland!

Yeah, it was covered, but it was over a mile up in the air, and well spread out so we couldn't see it. If it had rained heavily at the time some of it would have come down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

supposed to be leaving poland tomorrow, gate closes at 12:55 local time,so 11:55 irish time, am i screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Just in case certain people have a problem with things like that :rolleyes:
    Ah its ok...im 30..but my names not DJ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Look the solution to this ash cloud is simple.
    Run those wind farms in reverse and blow the ash back to the Icelanders.

Do I have to think of everything for you people ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭trapsagenius

The ash cloud is back???

GOD DAMN YOU, PUBLIC SECTOR!!:mad::pac:

weeder wrote: »
    supposed to be leaving poland tomorrow, gate closes at 12:55 local time,so 11:55 irish time, am i screwed?

Yes. Review of closure at 1p.m. irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭rolly1

Hi,

a friend of mine is due to get connecting flights from london to Dubai and onwards to India. these other flights look to be running fine tomorow, but she will miss them due to being grounded here in ireland..the ticket is an internet one booked through expedia. Does anyone know whether the rules of refund and/ or re-scheduling for later connecting flights apply?

Would appreciate any info on this cheers

rolly1 wrote: »
    Hi,

a friend of mine is due to get connecting flights from london to Dubai and onwards to India. these other flights look to be running fine tomorow, but she will miss them due to being grounded here in ireland..the ticket is an internet one booked through expedia. Does anyone know whether the rules of refund and/ or re-scheduling for later connecting flights apply?

Would appreciate any info on this cheers

Don't know what the story with that is but could she not get a night ferry and bus to london???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

Can anyone tell me, since when did the volcano start spewing ash again? I thought it had stopped :mad: :mad: :mad:

Advertisement