Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

To whom it may concern...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Amz
    Quiet you!

/me scowls

Sorry miss :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

this convo is getting very very odd lol

trust us irish to blow 3 days talking about the borg tits and what they do for perfectsion lol

i thing that the borg wouldnt care less about such things but why be arsed spending the time of hormone treatments to get rid of brests or nuts lets behonest id perfere to build a borg cube that be arse wasting the time researching hormone treatment for all the speices i take over

and remember on that note the borg dont researc they take info so more than likely they wouldnt have the technology to do it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Couldn't they put laser beams in them though in an attempt to distract the males of species to be assimilated and then

BAM BAM! hahahaha!

Oh yeah I should be the borg Queen!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

'Hey baby, assimilate me, please.'

heh. I take the Borg perfection thing to be that they add to the races that they assimilate. They do not take away from the being but they add to it, hence Jeri kept her unfeasably scrumptious laser-free bob-a-jobs. I can't see any organism perfected by the deletion of some of its attributes, but maybe added to.

Ah, I don't know, everyone needs a Borg's one for a pillow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Is the Borg queen human?

In one of the episodes in Voyeger it is mentioned by the queen that she is not human, some other race can't remember which. A quick search should turn up a more definitive answer, this one coming from memory only.

As for breast and the borg,
    You lot really need to get out more ;) It doesn't matter, and that is probably the borgs attitude.

Here's a question
    If the borg did stop horomes in a full grown adult what difference would it make? Apart from the regulating of reproductive ograns would there be any other side affects.

As for the speeding up of a person's development. Would stopping horomes cause some nasty side-effects? Something the borg are aware of and that is why they allow people to follow a normal development cycle, just sped up? And could this explain breasts?

Yours
    roar_ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

Maybe its because the show wasn't really that successful, so they suck Jeri in to get more people to watch, no wait, that was the reason and it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

Take it back Spock, take it back!!!!!!

Its true, those borg breasts brought in the ratings, some would say that makes jeri ryan a prostitute and the star trek corporation her pimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i don't think the borg queen has breasts, as you see in first contact when she gets lowered into the suit (which by the way is very cool) she doesn't have them but as the borg queen is distinctly female perhaps the suit has them or a mechanical equivalent.

and i think the borg may do some research not just assimilating species as if you recall the voyager episode about the omega particle IIRC 7 of 9 mentioned the borg attempted to perfect or obtain the molecule or something along those lines.

OK how long would the borg have needed to study humans though?

I mean how long has it been, in star trek terms, since the first humans were assimilated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

first contact :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

um around 10 years (seven of nines family)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nope, remember when seven was talking to janeway on voyager and she mentioned the events of first contact

janeway asked what she meant by that and seven said that the borg were there at the time, even though starfleet had no record of it

cos the borg sernt the signal to the borg in the past etc

*edit*

oh god i can't believe I knew that

humans where assimilated around the time of first contact but these where 24th century humans so to speak on the enterprise E. I suppose going by enterprise the first humans to be assimilated in there own timeline where those about 100 years after first contact when they found the frozen borg bodies in the arctic circle in the episode regeneration.

it was kinda a rhetorical question but meh!

Would the borg in all of their infinite wisdom and advanced state of being not have utilised every available physiological system, chemical etc that could be used?

Boobedies require extra covering/clothing so therefore are less efficient why couldn't the borg develop a way to allow human females to mature without the need for the production of prgesterone LH, FSH or oestrogen?

if the borg had such a method would that not be discriminatory against full developed drones which are assimilated? as a result you would to different castes of borg drones which can hardly be perfection as one could possibley be considered more developed or advanced as another. perhaps a decision was made that one form should be chosen over the other and that letting them be so to speak was chosen as this is perfection of the natural form of each individual species and this is what is assimilated by the borg to achieve perfection. also not all species can be assumed to have breasts or there equivalents and perhaps other bodily parts growth would need to be inhibitated for these species and hence it all gets complicated and is much easier forever one to achieve there natural growth.

So then what if the Borg assimilated a hermaphrodite?

they let it be as that was the natural development for that individual and can only add to there perfection

Advertisement