Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dunnes 20% Back on groceries 23rd Oct-1st Nov

Options
  • 20-10-2014 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Just when you thought the 20% off was over...

Offer on final page of leaflet on dunnesstores.com: Earn 20 value club points for every €1 spent from 23rd October- 1st November. Points in Value Club mailing at the end of November.

Can't post link, I'm not allowed!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

325907.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

So that explains those till spit vouchers expiring on 22 October..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Decent offer for a change from one of the multiples unlike the nonsense I got in the post recently such as €25 off a €125 shop when they know full well I never do a €125 shop as I 'shop around'.

Just bye the bye but are there any good drink offers in Dunnes at the mo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I wish they would cut out all the gimmicky offers and just lower their prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭itsallok

I wish they would cut out all the gimmicky offers and just lower their prices.

I agree, I would prefer that. However maybe this is not possible on branded items, as the manufacturer will likely have a say in the everyday RRP, i.e. not to be sold under a certain price (guessing here, so don't shoot me).

If it's not already on 'special offer' it's probably easier to give an overall 'kickback' than adjust thousands of prices, not to mention the constant 'upping' and 'downing' of prices we'd see, not to mention the confusion caused.

What helps Lidl & Aldi look exceptionally good is that they only stock a fraction of the lines Dunnes do. But I find Dunnes own brand to be of a good quality, and the prices similar to what you would see in Lidl/Aldi for Rice, Pasta, Eggs, bread, tinned goods, even fresh food. 20% back in August, September & October + convenient location has meant I have switched back from Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

At least I won't have to be counting how much Im spending as I go and can spend what I like :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

kn wrote: »
    Decent offer for a change from one of the multiples unlike the nonsense I got in the post recently such as €25 off a €125 shop when they know full well I never do a €125 shop as I 'shop around'.

The purpose of these offers is to get you to spend more, not save you money. Hence the customised vouchers being for more than you usually spend

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ruth12345

Is there a minimum spend for this?

E.g if i bought a can of coke for €1, would i get 20c back in points?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

ruth12345 wrote: »
    Is there a minimum spend for this?

E.g if i bought a can of coke for €1, would i get 20c back in points?

Yeah it normally shows on your receipt that you earned 20 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

snubbleste wrote: »
    So that explains those till spit vouchers expiring on 22 October..

Yeah I'm actually fuming at the moment.
    Always do my weekly shop at Dunnes on a Thursday and had €35 worth of savings coming my way tomorrow, only to realise tonight that my coupons expired a day earlier than they should have!
    What a mean, underhanded trick to mislead most customers who do a weekly shop on a designated day to cut the validity of the coupons short like that.
    I'll try them at the till anyway but not expecting much joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

mackD wrote: »
    Yeah I'm actually fuming at the moment.
    Always do my weekly shop at Dunnes on a Thursday and had €35 worth of savings coming my way tomorrow, only to realise tonight that my coupons expired a day earlier than they should have!
    What a mean, underhanded trick to mislead most customers who do a weekly shop on a designated day to cut the validity of the coupons short like that.
    I'll try them at the till anyway but not expecting much joy.
    I noticed that last week and actually posted about it in the thread about the vouchers back. The other weeks I got the vouchers they were valid for 10 days or so but just happened to check them on thurs and they expired on Tues.

So I used them in tesco with their 20 off 60 for shop online!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Bought just over 50 quid worth of groceries in Dunnes on Wednesday and, as well as the 20% back in points, I also received a €10 off €50 spend & save voucher at the end of my receipt. Valid from 2nd to 11th November. (I.e. from the day after the 20% back offer ends.)

Quackster wrote: »
    Bought just over 50 quid worth of groceries in Dunnes on Wednesday and, as well as the 20% back in points, I also received a €10 off €50 spend & save voucher at the end of my receipt. Valid from 2nd to 11th November. (I.e. from the day after the 20% back offer ends.)

Yeah. Got those as well yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Quackster wrote: »

Is it only 10 for 50, or is the 5 for 25 back as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Will these come as a simple 5 euro off or will there be strings attached i.e. You must spend 1500 euro....

TheDriver wrote: »
    Will these come as a simple 5 euro off or will there be strings attached i.e. You must spend 1500 euro....

They are €10 off a €50 spend. Not sure I remember any that were €5 off €1500, as you remember it. Anyway, I'll take 20% off over your .003%. Or you were hardly exaggerating in an effort to diminish the offer??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Is it only 10 for 50, or is the 5 for 25 back as well?

We got a 5 for 25 yesterday...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Spent €91 in Northside today, got 1820 points and also them spend and save coupons : a tenner off 50 and a fiver off 25 both valid from 2 -11th November

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I have no issue with any of the Dunnes offers. When they did the till receipt discounts, they were always good until the following weekend, and cover whether I needed to do a big or small shop. As for this particular deal, it is great - I spent 140 last week, probably the same tomorrow, so I will get €56 in vouchers later, on top of my normal vouchers. Will probably get close to a week's shopping free. I have no problem with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I got save 10 when you spend 50 today and she took the time to tell me how they work and that when I want to use them all together (I got more than 1) that I should tell the person next time that I had more than voucher and they would trick the system so that I don't need to pay my shopping in 50€ tranches. Nice of her.

The Supervalue in the shopping center had a sign "we accept dunnes voucher", so they are now jumping onto the bandwagon too.

But overall, it would be nicer if they simply lower the prices instead of this crazy 20% offers they do at present and until the 11/11.

However it was noticeable more busy today in the store, looks like the 20% off is bringing people in.

Also the lady told me that for over 25€ spend they now offer free delivery. Now if they only would offer online shopping for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Well feck Dunnes anyway with their €10 off €50 offers. My cupboards are full to the brim with their offers but, never one to turn down a 'free tenner', I made use of my final €10 off €50 tonight 11/11/14. Sure it's one last time, I thought. This will keep me going into 2015. And what did I see as I pushed my trolley through the shopping centre door, but ANOTHER €10 off €50 offer, being advertised, valid until 21/11/14. The same variations of €5 off €25, and €15 off €75 etc apply too. So ONE LAST TIME....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ive been stocking up on SMA follow on milk
    2 for 20 € times 2 + a tenner of other stuff.:) Theres no room left in the presses

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

When I was living at home, I never did much grocery shopping just a bit of alcohol etc. Dunnes Stores never bothered to post me any vouchers out even though I may have spent a 100 or two over the past 8 weeks. Tesco always did, so no matter how good there offers are I try not to do my weekly shopping there.

I bet Dunnes will do the same again, or something similar, in advance of Christmas. My local Dunnes was very full at times when I regularly go there when it would be otherwise pretty quite during the straight 20% offer. The €5, €10 and €20 off offers just did not grab the public in the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I have a €10 voucher and a €5 one does this mean I have to spend €75 to use them together? are tesco accepting these vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joanas

Yes, you would have to spend €75 to use the vouchers and Tesco do accept these vouchers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

casio4 wrote: »
    I have a €10 voucher and a €5 one does this mean I have to spend €75 to use them together? are tesco accepting these vouchers?

Yep, used one during the week in Tesco, no probs!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

casio4 wrote: »

My local Tesco wont let you use them together so you have to split the shopping to take advantage of both

• Advertisement

georgem25 wrote: »
    My local Tesco wont let you use them together so you have to split the shopping to take advantage of both

One of the major disadvantages of using these in Tesco is that you don't generate any new vouchers. If used together in Dunnes, you would get another €10 & €5 voucher, which I find quite handy.

Advertisement