Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annual Classic Run

Options
  • 29-07-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

photo.php?fbid=237712486259154&set=a.109501842413553.9337.109205172443220&type=1&theaterWWCVVC have our annual charity classic car and motorcycle run on Sun Aug 7th. The run is again based in Germaine,s in Baltinglass and in aid of the West Wicklow Daycare Centre. All Classic , Vintage and Interesting vehicles are welcome with no strict age limits. Cars Motorcycles and commercials all welcome but this event is not suitable for tractors.
    This was a very good event last year and we hope to do an even better job this year. The fee of just €20 per vehicle includes one meal and additional meals are available at a very special price when booked at registration. there will be a free draw and a thank you gift for all entrants plus a free competition for the children. For a good day out with fun for all the family and the chance to win prizes while helping a very deserving cause come along to Baltinglass on Sun Aug 7th. Come early and enjoy lunch in the local pubs and restaurants and view the cars and bikes before the start. The run starts and finishes at Germaine's in Baltinglass where we have our meal and prizegiving etc. Registration is from 12 Noon and we get under way at 2 30 PM Sharp.
    For more info Tel 087 6863602
    E-mail wwcvvc@baltinglasstown.com
    web www.westwicklowclassics.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

A great day was had by all, great result for all the ones who put the time and effort in and these who support the event. Here are a few photos from the day..
    DSC_1227.jpg
    DSC_1239.jpg
    DSC_1245.jpg
    DSC_1267.jpg
    DSC_1296.jpg
    DSC_1326.jpg
    DSC_1329.jpg
    DSC_1364.jpg
    DSC_1365.jpg

DSC_1385.jpg
    DSC_1422.jpg
    DSC_1442.jpg
    DSC_1470.jpg
    DSC_1481.jpg
    DSC_1488.jpg
    DSC_1490.jpg
    DSC_1517.jpg
    DSC_1519.jpg
    DSC_1526.jpg

DSC_1531.jpg
    DSC_1535.jpg
    DSC_1543.jpg
    DSC_1552.jpg
    DSC_1578.jpg
    DSC_1601.jpg
    DSC_1605.jpg
    DSC_1607.jpg
    DSC_1613.jpg

And then we went to Tullow where there was a show... And OKI won a lovely cut glass vase.. :) 1st for something ..
    DSC_1670.jpg
    DSC_1684.jpg
    DSC_1679.jpg
    DSC_1787.jpg
    DSC_1789.jpg
    DSC_1794.jpg
    DSC_1796.jpg
    DSC_1798.jpg
    DSC_1806.jpg
    DSC_1809.jpg

DSC_1825.jpg
    DSC_1827.jpg
    DSC_1836.jpg
    DSC_1847.jpg
    DSC_1853.jpg ??
    DSC_1863.jpg
    DSC_1871.jpg
    DSC_1883.jpg
    DSC_1878.jpg
    DSC_1896.jpg

• Advertisement

DSC_1908.jpg
    DSC_1926.jpg
    lovely end to a day and all in for 20 euro a sit down meal !!
    DSC_2017.jpg
    4a0da741.jpg

Just have to put this photo up as well and many thanks Carlow Vintage & Classic Motor Club and the our own West Wicklow Classic and Vintage Vehicle club. Roll on next year

dc7aae9e.jpg

Super day WWCVVC !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

That was me in the Paris St Germain jersey checking out the orange Celica :p Some really nice cars on show, that Stag is incredible.

I had my 91 v6 Eunos Presso down but thought it was a bit 'young' so parked it up out of the way by the fire station

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks for posting those pics! Great stuff - some smashing cars there. :)

What's with the UK reg '924s? Waiting for birthdays, are they I wonder? ;)

Also - I see two OKI regs were there on the day!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

great pics, looked like a good day.
    Im loving that Lotus Esprit Turbo not seen that one about.

Dades wrote: »

Hi Dades, cant speak for 924's but you could be right.. Yes two OKI's the OKI Rover must have been registered very late as the P6 was well out by 73. Maybe it was imported and got the OKI reg. When they called out the winners at the show and I heard OKI i presumed it was the Rover !! Never expected it was my one.. I was just leaving at the time:D !

• Advertisement

great pics, looked like a good day.
    Im loving that Lotus Esprit Turbo not seen that one about.

Yes lovely looking Lotus, when I was leaving I saw it was driven to a trailer to be brought home.. So i doubt its on the road much!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NedKinsella

Jayo_M wrote: »
    That was me in the Paris St Germain jersey checking out the orange Celica :p Some really nice cars on show, that Stag is incredible.

I had my 91 v6 Eunos Presso down but thought it was a bit 'young' so parked it up out of the way by the fire station
    Your eunos would have been welcome on the run. there was a very nice one took part. im sure you saw it there.

Dades wrote: »

ssssshhhhhh. yes but the black one is for sale if anybody is interested.

Great photos as always Jack and congrats on your well deserved win with the stag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

DSC_1607.jpg

I LIKE

(the dark blue one ;))

keving wrote: »
    DSC_1607.jpg

I LIKE

(the dark blue one ;))
    Who Wouldnt?
    Both lovely cars though and I think owned by the same lucky person.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ I like the €48 tax on both!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

I have not seen PYI 50 around for a long time.

The first owner of it traded in IIK 1 for it!
    Both were originally Tudor Grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Doctor Kildare

Hello ned

Your day looks great. Some really nice cars...

Even though its a week later and a bit of a distance your members may be interested in attending a show in Malahide Cricket Club on next Sunday 21st August to raise funds for charities.

See www.malahidelions.com/carshow.htm

Doctor Kildare

West Wicklow Classic & Vintage Vehicle Club 5th Annual Baltinglass Classic Run takes place on Sun Aug 17th 2014.
    All Classic, Vintage, Retro, Sports, Kitcars, and interesting vehicles are welcome.
    This years event is in aid of SOLAS which is a special School for Children with Autism in West Wicklow. As usual the run will include a leisurely rip through some of the local countryside with a DInner in Germaine's of Baltinglass afterwards. There will be a free draw for all entrants in addition to our main raffle for some nice prizes. All entrants will receive a small token of our appreciation.This run has always proved hugely popular in the past and we intend to make this years event bigger and better than ever.
    We have a special extra feature on this years run. As this year is the 40th anniversary year of the VW Golf we have a special golf feature with prizes for the best golf in several categories. All golfs from mk1 to mk7 are eligible as are modified golfs. If it is a golf or rabbit of any type we will be delighted to see it.
    Entry for this event is just €20 including a delicious meal in Germaines and a free gift and free draw. Additional meals will be available for passengers etc at a very special price for the event. Kids meals at reduced prices also available.
    So please come along to Baltinglass on Aug 17th and support this great cause and enjoy a well established event and the legendary after event dinner. Come early and see all the vehicles on display in the streets.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

• Advertisement
Advertisement