Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks what is the story with a tring card?

i keep reading mixed messages about tring and tring + cards
    edit
    which card will have the 3pms KO?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

they have the 3pms but picture quality is not great and only had english audio for 1`of the matches will know more after this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ghozmit wrote: »
    I installed the codec, but still i have problem :(
    i guess problem is from the channel (digiturk) and not me
    because i dont have any problem with hd channels at hotbird or other hd channels from digitruk in another frequences
    my prob is only with 10886 H 30000 :mad:

But did you change your codecs in the dvb software settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

I think they dont give Canal+ sports3 listings online and the games just appear on the test channel at 3pm (according to snaps) so cross those fingers:D

Does this apply to those with the satsklep card also?

I haven't seen the test channel...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ghozmit

@ snaps
    yea,
    is there anyone could possible test Premier League HD at digiturk?
    i guess the prob is from digiturk :(

snaps, have you digiturk?

and also where i can find schedule of premier league hd?
    i checked http://digiturk.tv but said no schedule for this one!!

Ah, Damn digiturk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

william wrote: »
    Does this apply to those with the satsklep card also?

I haven't seen the test channel...............

Canal+ Sports 3 is on 10719V 27.5 3/4 (same as Sports 2)

Ghozmit wrote: »
    @ snaps
    yea,
    is there anyone could possible test Premier League HD at digiturk?
    i guess the prob is from digiturk :(

snaps, have you digiturk?

and also where i can find schedule of premier league hd?
    i checked http://digiturk.tv but said no schedule for this one!!

Ah, Damn digiturk...

No i don't have all the digiturk channels. The PLTV channel is the same as sport tv liga inglesa as far as i know, so use this tv guide:

http://www.sporttv.pt/Programacao/ProgramacaoAvancada.asp?Modalidade=&Competicao=&Canais=SPORT.TV+LIGA+INGLESA&select=20&select2=8&select3=20&select4=8

Are your problems all the time with that channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

snaps wrote: »
    No i don't have all the digiturk channels. The PLTV channel is the same as sport tv liga inglesa as far as i know, so use this tv guide:

http://www.sporttv.pt/Programacao/ProgramacaoAvancada.asp?Modalidade=&Competicao=&Canais=SPORT.TV+LIGA+INGLESA&select=20&select2=8&select3=20&select4=8

Are your problems all the time with that channel?

cheers for link mate. see they have arsenal-blackpool games at 3pm sat and all the sky/espn games as well this weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ghozmit

Thank you so much snaps for your helps
    unfortunately yes :(, every time i checked the channel i have the prob. every 1 or 2 minutes i can cleary see that BLACK's shadow at bottom
    digiturk is most poor television i have ever seen!!
    i checked their website but couldnt find any email!! i would send email and ask about that blacks!

and thanks for the link
    although digiturk channel is exclusively for English Premier League and dont broadcast any program about Liga, but that schedule is useful sometimes.

thanks again snaps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Canal+ Sports 3 is on 10719V 27.5 3/4 (same as Sports 2)

Found it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Any game on Canal+ Sports 3 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Any game on Canal+ Sports 3 today?

No - looks as though Cyfra are not showing any 3pm games in my opinion.

Two weeks in and none have been shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so how was Tring today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

redout wrote: »

Thats a massive dissapointment to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Headshot wrote: »
    so how was Tring today ?
    I see Alsat have reduced the price of the Tring cards
    Alsat has negotiated a one-time, limited-time offer of £209 for "Tring PLUS" and "Tring" only £ 179.
    When stocks of this card are exhausted, the price will return to normal.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Alsat has negotiated a one-time, limited-time offer of £209 for "Tring PLUS" and "Tring" only £ 179.

A £70 drop in price after only two games gone in the season.

I cant understand that to be honest - seems a very large price drop.

Only thing I can think of is that uptake must not have been high as people were holding off to see what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

A £70 drop in price after only two games gone in the season.

I cant understand that to be honest - seems a very large price drop.

Only thing I can think of is that uptake must not have been high as people were holding off to see what happened.
    This is what Alsat said in their email
    This is done only because some one in UK Pretend to be distributors have start selling tring cards very cheap and most of those cards will be switch OFF or will live without 3 PM soon. )
    Something is afoot perhaps.
    I was watching Tring today and they were advertising their channels.
    50 Leke a day for the full pack which works out at ~30p a day or £110 for the year,so thats the cost price in Albania.
    Alsat had a big markup @ £280 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I am wondering about this. So far they have been following the big non 3pm games (big 4). I notice a changed on the Canal+ site saying that they will be showing "....a few key meetings". This suggests they are only showing the games involving the bigger name teams. However, I am sure, but I have no link, that I saw them advertising they would be showing 180 games, which would mean they would have to show 3pm games to reach that total.

At the moment they have shown the games I am interested in so I am happy. The Tring (Alsat) discount on seems promising but I am pretty sure that come May we won't be watching Tring (either cause they'll move to a new bird on a tighter beam or the EPL will pull the rights!)

I am beginning to regret ordering Cyfra+ now. Looking at LJ's for Sunday week they are not listed as showing the 1.30pm game (Bolton v Birmingham) but they are listed as showing the 4pm game (Aston Villa v Everton).

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭sob1467

I posted this before in the soccer for next season thread but I might as well post it again here I'm just after doing a bit of research on the number of matches that Cyfra will show. They say on their website that they will show about 150 matches. I then went into the Sky website and Sky Sports will show 92 matches and ESPN will show 46 matches. That is a total of 138 matches for a combination of Sky/ESPN. So Cyfra will show 12 matches more than this so they must be going to show some 3pms or it may mean that they are going to show a few more midweek games to make up the total of 150 matches.

• Advertisement

I imagine it will be the midweek games

Perhaps the EPL have stripped Cyfra with the 3pms??? You never know.

sob1467 wrote: »
    I posted this before in the soccer for next season thread but I might as well post it again here I'm just after doing a bit of research on the number of matches that Cyfra will show. They say on their website that they will show about 150 matches. I then went into the Sky website and Sky Sports will show 92 matches and ESPN will show 46 matches. That is a total of 138 matches for a combination of Sky/ESPN. So Cyfra will show 12 matches more than this so they must be going to show some 3pms or it may mean that they are going to show a few more midweek games to make up the total of 150 matches.

Sky are 115
    ESPN are 23

The cost of a Cyfra sub (€160 for HD) is far cheaper than a Sky and ESPN sub in fairness.

snaps wrote: »
    Perhaps the EPL have stripped Cyfra with the 3pms??? You never know.

It will be an absolute shame if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭twig

Zardoz wrote: »

Few questions about this i was gonna buy the card! i have seenthe pq has it got better? Also is sound in english for the games? and is this good value for money?

Any help please!

twig wrote: »
    Few questions about this i was gonna buy the card! i have seenthe pq has it got better? Also is sound in english for the games? and is this good value for money?

Any help please!

compared to what Art used to offer i dont think its great value for money.

But at the end of the day, it could be the cheapest option out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭sob1467

Just one quick question on the radio delay software. I have been using it for a few games now through a freesat box and a laptop but the sound seems to be very fuzzy and difficult to understand. Can I ask is this the normal for using radio delay and does it happen with every computer that uses this software or is it just that the speakers on my laptop are crap?

sob1467 wrote: »
    Just one quick question on the radio delay software. I have been using it for a few games now through a freesat box and a laptop but the sound seems to be very fuzzy and difficult to understand. Can I ask is this the normal for using radio delay and does it happen with every computer that uses this software or is it just that the speakers on my laptop are crap?

You will have to turn down the recording sound properties in your sound card manager to near enough zero otherwise it will be all blurred (To loud).

Credit to Snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Dish up at last! Eventually got it aligned that so that my motor will let me switch between Sky and Hotbird, not picking up much else with ease though. It was getting late last night though so I'll give it another go tonight. What other satellites should I be comfortably getting with an 85cm dish south facing building in drogheda?

Cyfra card worked immediately for standard channels using cccam, the hd channels took an hour to clear but all good now! :)

• Advertisement

Astra 1 at 19.2° East should be booming in for you too.

Advertisement