Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to fix an Economy by Bertie Ahern

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

has that bastard no shame:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Nigeria send us scam emails so we retaliate with a scam artist of our own

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

jetsonx wrote: »
    Here is Bertie giving some €30,000 advice on how to fix Nigeria's Economy.

Well, can't say he doesn't have expertise.

... We are talking about 'fixing' in the sense of fixing a committee appointment/employee contract/anything else involving preferential treatment for the favoured few - aren't we? As opposed to actually mending something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭jetsonx

radia wrote: »
    Well, can't say he doesn't have expertise.

... We are talking about 'fixing' in the sense of fixing a committee appointment/employee contract/anything else involving preferential treatment for the favoured few - aren't we? As opposed to actually mending something.

yeah, Bertie could fix anything for anybody especially if you're a property developer or banker. Plus, he knows a lot about natural resources, especially natural gas.

ps: Did I mention trees, de Bert is also an expert on forest management...especially when it comes to selling trees (whole forests in fact).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Bertie is the wrong man for this job surely.

His expertise is in turning First World countries into Third World basketcases, not the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

How to "fix" an Economy by Bertie Ahern, surely?

Bertie is the wrong man for this job surely.

His expertise is in turning First World countries into Third World basketcases, not the other way around.

lol@Duckworth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

playa-hatas

but seriously these corrupt african politicians could learn alot from bertie... the art of the brown envolope for example, the 'whip around' and the best of the lot 'a good day on the races'

bertie rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

bertie scamming the nigerians! i've heard it all now. he truly is the most ruthless and cunning of them all! are the payments being made into a western union account or is he set up with a bank account these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

promethius wrote: »
    bertie scamming the nigerians! i've heard it all now. he truly is the most ruthless and cunning of them all! are the payments being made into a western union account or is he set up with a bank account these days.

He's using Paypal to prove he has friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Nigeria send us scam emails so we retaliate with a scam artist of our own

Revenge is a dish best served cold..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

The only advice Bertie should be giving is how to fold sheets in the prison laundry in mountjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He's also an academic advisor to the Institute of Cultural Diplomacy

http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/academy/index.php?Bertie-Ahern-2

How the feck did he manage to land these positions? The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Well, as Nigeria is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Who better than a corrupt politician (allegedly;)) to tell them how be even better at it.

So we can expect new versions of the Nigerian scam emails. Something like this:

Howya,
    Well Paddy O'Johston Umbumba here, I was talking to friend of your of yours, Bertie. Tells me you might need a bit of a dig out, sure don't we all?

I have few quid to spare, sure if you send your bank details and a couple of hundred to cover my expenses. I stick in a couple of grand to your bank account.

No strings attached, BTW do you know anyone in the passport office?

Regards
    Paddy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Let's face it he did squirrel away quite a bit and gotten away with it.

can we get CAB to investigate his and his partners finances relative to what he declared to the Dáil , in fact eh all partners of people under financial investigation should also be investigated as there has been clear evidence of asset transfer.

Where did Celia Larkin get money for handbags, she was a civil servant wasn't she ?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/mahon-tribunal/those-tears-that-handbag-the-damage-to-ahern-is-lethal-1325955.html
    They compared press photographs of Ms Larkin, who publicly flaunted a Birkin-Hermes handbag that cost nearly double what Ms Carruth earned in 1994, with his former secretary's misery.

Ms Carruth, whose annual salary in 1994 was just £3,432, was weeping about a lodgment of stg £15,500 she had made that same year to the accounts of Mr Ahern and his daughters.

And Fianna Fail women want to know why Ms Larkin was loaned £30,000 of their party funds while Ms Carruth was left like tribunal road kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Hopefully they'll pay him with a €100,000 bank draft and he can simple wire them the change by western union...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Bunch of moan bags in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

"Hello there folks,

I am an Irish Prince who does not have a bank account...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

He doesn't actually give any actual advice at all in this video. A bit like David Brent with his management buzzwords... Management, Sales, Turnover.

turbobaby wrote: »
    He doesn't actually give any actual advice at all in this video. A bit like David Brent with his management buzzwords... Management, Sales, Turnover.

Well, that is what the whole Fianna Fail ethos is based on- talking BS, but giving your audience the impression that you're an expert on what you're talking about...Its all smoke and daggers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Got an email from a scammer today whose adress was :
    Madrid
    County Tyrone
    Republic of Spain.
    Am I right to be a little suspicious?

Advertisement