Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome - any good

• 20-11-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

I usually avoid most new software (or anything else) when it comes out first since there are nearly always bugs.

Now since there has been a month or two gone by, what's the views on Google Chrome?

Good, bad, average?

Are you using it as your preferred browser or is their really that much of a difference. I know each tab has its' own process so does it you lots of memory?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I found it fairly crap, slow, memory hungry and just not my style. But i know others who love it !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's ok like - I still prefer FF. It does have some nice features but I am a bit reluctant to hand over everything to Google (am aware they own pretty much the net anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Seriously fast loading times. Very quick rendering. The detach-page-and-use-as-application feature is very cool for things like Gmail. However it thrashed my hard drive fairly often when it was running so I uninstalled after about a week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Fair enough probably not worth the bother then

Advertisement