Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Passat drivers out there?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Finknottle

S.I.R wrote: »
    never said that but compared to lancers, mondeos , corrollas there a million times better and much cheaper ( at the time or even now ) then say an passat tdi or anything half-way decent

The nissan note is a nippy little shopping mini, the amlera is a Great car.

though the primera is getting crap. Thank Renault.

if i was starting a family personally id have a primera over a passat , not only because you have to shoot burn and drown a nissan before it dies but there affordable... why pay 30k+ for a volkswagen when you get all the motoring needs covered for 1k....

volkswagen = false econemy.

* hides due to all the VAG nerds *
    Almera is a terrible car and the Note looks bad. The interiors on all Nissans are made form wheelie bins while German car brands are known for the quality of theirs.
    It the difference between wine and good wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Finknottle wrote: »
    The interiors on all Nissans are made form wheelie bins while German car brands are known for the apparent quality of theirs.
    Fixed that for you:D!

They don't make German cars like they used to I'm afraid.

Though personally I wouldn't be seen dead in a Nissan bar a Skyline or a 350Z of course:D! Most Nissans here are sold as cheap as chips(i.e. big discounts), anything to get the sale proof Tiida out of the showroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I will soon have 2 kids
    including full leather.

Oh oh!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

zipup wrote: »
    Interesting to hear your comments on B6 Passat.
    I have 1.9 TDI since new with 75k Kilometres.
    Good car, but a lot of road noise especially in the rear.
    Had the phone kit modified recently to suit new phone and next day the airbag light comes on and stays on.
    What is the fix for this?

Appreciate any help.

If you know someone with the Ross Tech software, get them to check it out, otherwise just take it to any VAG dealer and ask them to check it.

Or you could get a code reader yourself (just be sure to get the VAG one), see:
    http://www.ecufix.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69

Moanin wrote: »
    I'm also interested in the Sportline 2.0TDI model.Regarding sports suspension is it too hard for Irish roads?

No, you probably wouldn't notice any difference, when it comes to harshness etc. and I found mine handled very well, you could through it around on back roads without any concern.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Finknottle

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Oh oh!! :D
    Leather is easy to wipe clean, I have a few stains on my cloth seats at the moment, little sticky hands can do some damage!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Limerick Man, I went for mocha anthracite exterior and beige interior. I heard the auto hold option on the electirc handbrake was causing the problems so I didn't specify that option. I hope that I get one that comes probelm free. How come your cousin went through so many tyres?

I'll be seeing him again on Friday and i'll ask him again. Nice choice of colour. Best of luck with it:D

Leather is easy to wipe clean, I have a few stains on my cloth seats at the moment, little sticky hands can do some damage!:)

that is the nice thing about leather, especially when you have kids in the car.

I fitted a set of these "Sunshine Kids Ultra Mat" covers under the child seats and they do a great job protecting the leather from marking / scuffing caused by the child seats.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?text=ultra+mat&action=search&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&x=13&y=11#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I have a six week old Passat 2.0tdi 140bhp dsg. The salesman in the dealer recommended the 140 over the 170(better economy and not much extra power difference). It has lovely power and the steering is firm and direct. I got the Monaco sports pack on it and to tell the truth it makes the car look better(not so conservative looking) but I can't tell the difference in the handling of the sports suspension over a normal suspension.

The DSG gearbox is great. When you drive normally you can't feel it change gear and the sport mode is wonderful for overtaking. To tell the truth I've not yet used the tiptronic function.

The ipod connection works well even if it is a bit basic but it is well hidden in the glove box. The climate control and the heated seats does exactly what it says on the tin and the lumbar support in the front seats is wonderful.

I also got the adaptive bi-xenons and the sunroof. The lights are great although I'm off to France in a couple of weeks and the dealer is still not sure on how to adapt them for continental driving. The one annoyance I had was a rattle in the sunroof when open fully but it was sorted within an hour of arriving back at the dealer.

There was a slight wind noise from the front passenger door but again sorted within the hour.

Also for a diesel engine it is remarkably quiet. I did have an A6 1.9tdi and there is no comparison at all. You can't hear the engine when tour driving at any speed.

Hope thats of some use to you.

Advertisement