Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

He doesn't really need to be though. The big deal has been made of his size now and the shirtless shot was done. People will just accept now that he's a beast. For example, Chris Evans wasn't nearly as big in The Avengers as he was in Captain America but you still just accept that he's tanked. Cavill will be huge in the sequel, surely, but there won't be quite as much pressure on him to get *so* big because its already been established.

It's a Zack Snyder film though. You just know there will be topless shots all over the place. Not even Alfred will be immune to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Why? Bryan Cranston would be a great Lex Luthor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

w8f0Djl.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I wanted him as Gordon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Realised all this was predicted in Mallrats back in the day.

9a59471c-d2ec-4720-bc13-0ba31e1a392c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Cranston as Luthor is still only speculation as far as I can see.

I was reading an article that mentioned something about Affleck's casting that no other article I read had done. Not sure how much truth there is in it, but the sentiment was that Affleck was going to have a hand in the script, which was part of the agreement for taking it. I'd be pretty happy if this was true, given his output from behind the camera so far. I don't have the article to hand, will link it if I come across it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

In fairness, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Affleck as Batman (Despite the pic I posted on YLYL). A few years ago? Yeah, he'd have been pretty poor but he's matured a lot lately. I think he'll bring a good, kind of cynical, worn down version.... It'll be interesting anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Supposedly he has signed on for multiple films and will have a hand in the writing of the script.

The second part is great news in my opinion. He is a great writer and is a way better actor in films he has a hand in writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Well it will have to be really good to out do this;

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lucioz

I really think they should add wonder woman in MAN OF STEEL sequel. The TRINITY will salvage Ben Affleck's being Batman. Gina Carano would be a great pick for Diana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I have a feeling that if this is more of a sequel to MoS, rather than Supes v Bats, then there may be a bedding in period for Affleck, so we may only see glimpses of him as Batman, but will mostly be onscreen as Bruce Wayne visiting Metropolis etc, that way he may be more accepted in the role when the time comes to go full-Batman in future films like the Justice League movie. Just a thought.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Affleck will bring to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Affleck doesn't have time to be re-writing the script. He's shooting Gone Girl with David Fincher from September until February when MoS2 starts shooting, all while simultaneously preparing his next directing project which he starts shooting immediately after Superman. Then again the film is shooting for 6 months, so I guess they have plenty of time to write it as they go, which, considering Goyer only started writing a couple of months ago, is quite likely.

Affleck's casting is really the least of this film's potential problems. With Nolan out of the equation, Synder will be given free reign. This is why Affleck's agent no doubt encouraged him to take the role. If the film sucks, Snyder and Goyer will take the fall with all the credit for the first film going to Nolan while Affleck will still be an Oscar-winning director.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,983 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Affleck doesn't have time to be re-writing the script. He's shooting Gone Girl with David Fincher from September until February when MoS2 starts shooting, all while simultaneously preparing his next directing project which he starts shooting immediately after Superman. Then again the film is shooting for 6 months, so I guess they have plenty of time to write it as they go, which, considering Goyer only started writing a couple of months ago, is quite likely.

Affleck's casting is really the least of this film's potential problems. With Nolan out of the equation, Synder will be given free reign. This is why Affleck's agent no doubt encouraged him to take the role. If the film sucks, Snyder and Goyer will take the fall with all the credit for the first film going to Nolan while Affleck will still be an Oscar-winning director.

Is Chris Nolan completely out of this film so?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Chris Nolan completely out of this film so?

He's an executive producer, a fairly meaningless role most of the time. Besides he's busy making his own film at the moment. MoS2 will have started shooting by the time he wraps. His involvement in MoS was pretty minimal anyway once Snyder was hired and he went off to shoot TDKR.

Funnily enough it's rumoured that Nolan actually approached Affleck to direct Man of Steel before the studio decided on Snyder.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Im cracking up all morning looking at this. Kinda sums up how I feel about the whole #batfleck affair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62mT5exTjRg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think it should be Bat Damon instead

TechFreak wrote: »
    Im cracking up all morning looking at this. Kinda sums up how I feel about the whole #batfleck affair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62mT5exTjRg

You do realize hash tags don't work on here, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Affleck has dropped out of two planned directorial projects.
    The 41-year-old star has stepped down from Tell No One and The Stand after accepting the role of Batman in the Man of Steel sequel.
    The Wrap reports that Affleck will no longer direct the remake of Guillaume Canet's French thriller Tell No One.

Its a big mistake to step down from Tell No One.
    The French version is a superb film and the film would translate perfectly to the US considering the original book is set in the US and written by an American.
    Affleck would be a real contender for a directing Oscar if he made the remake.

He is on a hiding to nothing with the Batman film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm not too upset about Affleck getting the gig - he has his comic book friend Kevin Smith to lean against, and Smith has always said that Batman is his favourite character so I expect his to keep him in check.

As long as they set MOS2 in south Boston now, we're just peachy :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

As long as they set MOS2 in south Boston now, we're just peachy :D

Amy Adams can revive her Bawstan accent too. You're a junk baaaag, Bruce!

I don't think Affleck is friends with Kevin Smith anymore. Garner hates him apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't think Affleck is friends with Kevin Smith anymore. Garner hates him apparently.

Haven't seen each other in 3 years, but still friends and have talked occasionally (Affleck asked to see a screener of Red State before it was released. That's largely why Kerry Bishe, John Goodman and Michael Parks are in Argo). Smith says he's hoping now to get him on his Fatman on Batman podcast.

But yeah, Smith will have no influence over anything Affleck does. Thank f*ck (and I say that as a fan of Smith's)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I was a little surprised when I heard that Ben Affleck taking on the role as Batman.

It was an odd choice for the role.

However If he is going to write some parts of the film; it would be safe to say that we might trust him more & more to take on the role of The Caped Crusader with Superman.

It will make more sense for him to write in the script because he will no doubt do well in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,983 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joss Whedon approves :P

"Affleck'll crush it. He's got the chops, he's got the chin - just needs the material. Affleck & Cavill toe to toe - I'm in," Whedon tweeted

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    just needs the material

Given that it'll be written by Goyer & directed by Snyder that's a BIG 'just'.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Greyjoy wrote: »
    Given that it'll be written by Goyer & directed by Snyder that's a BIG 'just'.

Goyer is very hit and miss, for every Batman Begins there's a Blade Trinity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jays thats so much a trope of what happens to most guys friendships once the girl enters the scene its practically a parody.

:D

if its true my money is on them still being mates behind the scene. i.e dont let the little missus know

Advertisement