Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

It´s here now....!
    Get it while its hot...!

www .youtube.com/watch?v=I5UyfaCoQWI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

All CGI?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Hopefully the fan reaction might convince them to go ahead with the film. I know Liefield and Reynolds really want to do it and the test footage was brilliant....it would be cruel to give us this and not a full movie :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

That is the best trailer for a film I have seen in 10 years. this film really should be made! Not bothered if its Ryan reynolds or not, but he was funny. The deadpool character is one of my favourites, and the top spot from comic books that hasnt yet had an own film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Brien wrote: »
    That is the best trailer for a film I have seen in 10 years. this film really should be made! Not bothered if its Ryan reynolds or not, but he was funny. The deadpool character is one of my favourites, and the top spot from comic books that hasnt yet had an own film.

Im praying all the buzz around the test footage will push Fox to allow the film to go ahead with an R-Rating. By the sounds of it the rating is the big issue for why Fox hasn't given the go ahead.

I think Reynolds is perfect as Deadpool, helps that he is a fan of it, apparently him, Miller and Liefeld have said they will keep trying to get the go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Deadpool Movie Officially Announced For 2016.
    Fox have decided to finally go ahead and make a Deadpool feature film, slotting it into the schedule for February 12th 2016. Plenty of people will credit the excited fan reception for the recently "leaked" Deadpool test footage for this, particularly after Ryan Reynolds' recent comments.

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/18/deadpool-movie-officially-announced-for-2016-fantastic-four-resc/

12 February 2016 on imdb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

have to admit .

i did laugh at that. theyve got a nice punisher/the mask type vibe going on and somehow a bid of Dredd.

i honestly wouldnt mind a whole animated film. hell it hard to tell its is animated with the look they have going on.

really nice polished feel to it. could be ALOT of fun.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20140922/deadpool-movie-gets-a-rating-change/

Just read this...hard to see this as a positive move :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Siiiiigghhh. a PG rating Deadpool just wont work, he's not Spider-Man. Can't they just release it as an R version and bring out a PG watered down one for the home market? I'm sick of being stiffed as an adult going to the movies and getting incomplete versions of films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

With footage like that there is no way this will be PG, at least I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Most certainly won't be bothering going to see this then. As said above, a PG13 rating just won't work and it won't be a Deadpool movie, this will just be a crappy action movie that happens to have Deadpool in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Deadpool doesn't need Reynolds. I like him but the character being full masked and deformed there is no reason to not have the voice actor from the hulk vs dvd or the video game. PG-13 is a terrible move that i am hoping is a joke to be remarked upon by Deadpool at the start of the film. "It was PG-13 until (decapitate random bad guy)..." or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I was delighted at the confirmation of a Deadpool movie based off that test footage but I've got absolutely no interest in a PG-13 version. I might check it out when it gets the inevitable "unrated" release on dvd/bluray but I won't waste my time seeing a PG-13 version in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’d think having Reynolds on board even if it’s a CGI is a great idea. If it is some no name the movie could go under the radar. The biggest the names involved the more press and wider release it will get.

Would really hate Deadpool to be CGI for the movie. What an awful idea.

The CGI would be annoying but if the script was good and the acting up to scratch I could get past it. Its the PG13 im worried about. That could wreck the film before they even cast it.

I've been saying it for years but Marvel really should be looking at characters such as Deadpool, The Punisher, Dr. Strange and other more adult characters and instead of trying to make hundred million dollar films instead create a series of lower budget, R rated features. Something like Deadpool doesn't need to cost 200 million, it's something that could be done for 30 or 40 million and as such wouldn't need a lower raring so as to ensure it turns a profit.

I've been saying it for years but Marvel really should be looking at characters such as Deadpool, The Punisher, Dr. Strange and other more adult characters and instead of trying to make hundred million dollar films instead create a series of lower budget, R rated features. Something like Deadpool doesn't need to cost 200 million, it's something that could be done for 30 or 40 million and as such wouldn't need a lower raring so as to ensure it turns a profit.

If they are making billions on this proven formula, why change it now?
    I fear for Deadpools film like I feared for The Punishers.:(

Rory28 wrote: »
    If they are making billions on this proven formula, why change it now?
    I fear for Deadpools film like I feared for The Punishers.:(

The Punisher films, all three of them aren't all the bad. War Zone was exactly what you'd expect from a Punisher film and the Thomas Jane one wasn't bad at all. The directors cut made it even better though the Punisher did feel as if he'd be more at home in Saw. I picked up the uncut version of the Lundgren version recently and am looking forward to revisiting it.

Trying to build a 200 million dollar film around something like the Punisher or Deadpool is just dumb. In order to justify spending so much Marvel will try at get the biggest possible audience and as such will aim for a teenage friendly audience. In doing so that'll rob these films of much of what makes them work. What a lot of people fail to realise is that The Punisher isn't just graphic violence but has often explored themes and issues which simply won't sit in a PG-13 film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Deadpool is an absolute psychopath, how will they get across his mental instability that makes him such an interesting character in a 13's movie?:confused:

The Punisher films, all three of them aren't all the bad. War Zone was exactly what you'd expect from a Punisher film and the Thomas Jane one wasn't bad at all. The directors cut made it even better though the Punisher did feel as if he'd be more at home in Saw. I picked up the uncut version of the Lundgren version recently and am looking forward to revisiting it.

Trying to build a 200 million dollar film around something like the Punisher or Deadpool is just dumb. In order to justify spending so much Marvel will try at get the biggest possible audience and as such will aim for a teenage friendly audience. In doing so that'll rob these films of much of what makes them work. What a lot of people fail to realise is that The Punisher isn't just graphic violence but has often explored themes and issues which simply won't sit in a PG-13 film.

You make a good point about a big budget ruining these movies. Not sure if we saw the same Punisher movies. The one with Thomas Jane and John Travolta was one the worst films I have ever paid to see. The newer one with Ray Stevenson was better but still well below what I expected.
    Dont get me started on the Ivan Drago one.

The short film, (laundry day?) was brilliant. Exactly like the Punisher should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I've always felt that the Punisher really only works as a character in the context of the larger Marvel universe. Take him out of that and have him fight nameless mob goons and he just turns into a run of the mill vigilante. I don't think he's a big enough character to carry a full budget film on his own.
    Where he could thrive is as a recurring antagonist/desperate ally on the "Daredevil" series on Netflix. He's a perfect contrast with Daredevil showing what would happen to Murdock if completely crossed the line and abandoned his sense of justice. But at the same time Punisher & Daredevil both share Kingpin as an enemy so they could be forced into an uneasy alliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

Came across this some different choices but not sure myself would prefer Reynolds myself and can see why a studio would prefer em especially with a PG13 rating.

Although as some one else pointed out would they need him looka wise if they went with the true character.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/09/23/deadpool-recast-who-could-play-the-merc-with-a-mouth-besides-ryan-reynolds-2291104

Will Arnett is out of left field but I think he would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Marvel seem to forget their first big hit movie was Blade. That one paved the way for the rest. Now they won't give us anything R rated.
    No not everything needs to be R rated. Spider Man, Iron Man, Captain America etc all work fine with the lower ratings.
    The PG13 Deadpool feels more like a business decision rather than a creative one and it's already holding the makers back from making the movie they want to.
    In my opinion Deadpool should be looking at Lucy, an R rated movie that cost $40 million to make and has raked in almost $400 million.
    The problems with the R rated super hero movies is they are usually really cheap and look it, the studios won't give them a proper budget.
    IMHO Dredd is probably one of the best Marvel movies to come out, everyone seems to love it, yet it tanked due to terrible marketing and bad memories of the Stallone version. Them when people heard it was good they just downloaded it for free.
    The same downloaders are probably the ones crying out for a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ps3lover wrote: »
    Marvel seem to forget their first big hit movie was Blade. That one paved the way for the rest. Now they won't give us anything R rated.
    No not everything needs to be R rated. Spider Man, Iron Man, Captain America etc all work fine with the lower ratings.
    The PG13 Deadpool feels more like a business decision rather than a creative one and it's already holding the makers back from making the movie they want to.
    In my opinion Deadpool should be looking at Lucy, an R rated movie that cost $40 million to make and has raked in almost $400 million.
    The problems with the R rated super hero movies is they are usually really cheap and look it, the studios won't give them a proper budget.
    IMHO Dredd is probably one of the best Marvel movies to come out, everyone seems to love it, yet it tanked due to terrible marketing and bad memories of the Stallone version. Them when people heard it was good they just downloaded it for free.
    The same downloaders are probably the ones crying out for a sequel.

Not Marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Neither was Blade .....Marvel Studios have only made Iron Man 1,2,3 , The Incredible Hulk , Captain America 1 and 2, Thor 1 and 2, Guardians, Avengers

the rest Punisher Blade and all the others were all franchises sold off to other studios along Spiderman, Xmen and more when Marvel was going Bankrupt, Punisher, Ghost Rider , Daredevil have all come back to Marvel Studios since, Marvel Studios has never and probably will never make an R Rated movie not for a while anyway

Neither was Blade .....Marvel Studios have only made Iron Man 1,2,3 , The Incredible Hulk , Captain America 1 and 2, Thor 1 and 2, Guardians, Avengers

the rest Punisher Blade and all the others were all franchises sold off to other studios along Spiderman, Xmen and more when Marvel was going Bankrupt, Punisher, Ghost Rider , Daredevil have all come back to Marvel Studios since, Marvel Studios has never and probably will never make an R Rated movie not for a while anyway

What he meant was Judge Dredd isn't a Marvel character.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm, the recent flurry of posts here reminded I had never actually watched the short, and having just done so, being totally honest, I didn't enjoy that at all. The idea of 2 hours of constant meta smart-assery and 'zany' wisecracks doesn't entice, and feels like as much of a blocker to broad audience suitability as any R-rating would be. At least something like The Punisher is easily moulded as a superhero revenge flick, two genres that are quite popular these days anyway, Deadpool seems like a bit of a Bovril'esque proposition. But hey, many thought Guardians of the Galaxy would be a total disaster, so who know anymore?

Advertisement