Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA IV GFWL -> Steam

Options
  • 03-12-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of giving GTAIV a blast again over Christmas before getting V in the new year. I have the DVD version which had Games for Windows Live.

Has this been migrated to Steam fully? I thought I saw somewhere that the same installation code on the DVD would now work for Steam. Can it still be installed from DVD as I don't really want to have to download it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

If Steam accepts your product key, you will have to download it from them as it will be saved and ran on a different area of the HD than if you were to install it from the disc. :)

Advertisement