Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA:SA remastered coming to consoles????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I heard that alright but thought it was just the original version. A remastered San Andreas would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Confirmed for x360 :)

Enhanced visuals , 720p and achievements. Great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

was just coming to post , great news, would have preferred VC but ill take thsi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Now we can listen to this but with improved everything you guys!
    7N9Vs1q7OlFD0snm6m66-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Now we can listen to this but with improved everything you guys!
    7N9Vs1q7OlFD0snm6m66-1.jpg

**** me I hate that mission. It's actually the reason I stopped playing it for a 2nd time. About 40 retries and I rage quit.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    **** me I hate that mission. It's actually the reason I stopped playing it for a 2nd time. About 40 retries and I rage quit.

At least the fail screen will look more pleasant this time. Yeah I'm not a big fan of it either but the rest of the game means I'll be doing it at some stage.

Will I save everyone the hassle and open a San Andreas Rage thread? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Considering the seemingly short development time of this, not expecting too much from this. I doubt it's a full on remake.

I reckon it is just upscaling to 720p, improve the pop up and achievements. Which is still great, might wait though, Rockstar stuff often goes on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Considering the seemingly short development time of this, not expecting too much from this. I doubt it's a full on remake.

I reckon it is just upscaling to 720p, improve the pop up and achievements. Which is still great, might wait though, Rockstar stuff often goes on sale.

There are already HD versions of this game out there!
    The original PC release and the mobile version from last year.
    So porting might not be that hard, hopefully :D

Is it only games on demand, or will there be a retail disc, do ye reckon?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    There are already HD versions of this game out there!
    The original PC release and the mobile version from last year.
    So porting might not be that hard, hopefully :D

Is it only games on demand, or will there be a retail disc, do ye reckon?

Considering the re-releases of gta3 and vice city didn't come to 360, there must be a little work involved.

It's digital only, I imagine. Judging from Rockstar's words on their support site, this will be a direct replacement for the Xbox original version that's now been taken off the marketplace.

It's up on LIVE and only 3.74! Instant purchase, 2.05 GB in size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is it on Xbox One, PS4?

Just 360 I believe, replacing the Xbox originals version

Anyone playing it?

Looks to be a straight port of the mobile game, can't be sure as i didn't buy it myself.

Plays well though, and looks great for a 10 year old game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I can't find it! Is this is a wind up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think it's replace the old version so it doesn't appear new.

Wind up? :D

Link

Search for it on your console, it's pretty easy to find

It's in the On Demand section on Live. Turns out I had just over 4 quid in my account, I assume it's from some old points I must've had. Should be a laugh anyway, never played any of the the games of that generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Cheers lads, I found it in the end. There were some funny cheat codes for San Andreas from what I remember, I wonder if they'll still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I bought and played it for 'bout an hour - it definitely looks better - might try finish it this time round!

• Advertisement

Pro Tip: Before you even start the game, go into the options and change the targetting mode to auto. It's set to free aim, which is a complete pain in the hole.

You can do this at any stage by the way, just do it before you even start the game to save headaches :D

Getting past those opening hood/tutorial missions in San An was always the worst part of the game (for me). As soon as Tenpenny tosses you out of his car near the base of Mount Chilliad, then the game really starts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Agreed, the Hood lasted a bit too long but when you get to Chiliad, then it becomes a whole new game. Man, such class memories.

I got it the other day. It's tough going from a buff millionaire that owns all the properties and can buy things on a whim, to living back on Grove Street with only 350 dollars to your name.

Liking how they have updated the menus and the loading times are almost non existent, at least for me. Only a few missions in at this point, forgot you can make money by doing stunts so that will work for smaller purchases. The graphics have not aged well but the gameplay is as good as it always has been, in my opinion.

Worth the 3.74 if you enjoyed it when it came out. The hardest part is getting back into the old button scheme.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-gta-san-andreas-on-xbox-360-is-a-mobile-port

Interesting piece about the port, looks like it's straight from Android. I'm enjoying the game but some of the glitches are quite annoying such as music skipping and such.

Can't complain too much for the price but maybe they should have used the Xbox Originals version as the base for the new version.

I just started "Wrong side of the tracks" and thought oh shít here we go. :pac:

I took to youtube to see if I could find an easy way to do it first time round and look what I found!

I wish I had thought about doing it like that a decade ago, that's for sure :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I just started "Wrong side of the tracks" and thought oh shít here we go. :pac:

I took to youtube to see if I could find an easy way to do it first time round and look what I found!

I wish I had thought about doing it like that a decade ago, that's for sure :D

Never had much problem with that mission. Failed it just once on my current play through on 360

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Never had much problem with that mission. Failed it just once on my current play through on 360

Me neither, never game stopping problems anyway. But, from reading this forum over the years, I know it's the most hated mission of GTA:SA :pac:

I actually tried the video method on Friday night! Ballsed it up, fell off the train, nearly killed smoke in the impact but still managed to catch back up with the train and pass it first time round :D

I'm just after doing the mission for the truth, where you steal the combine harvester from the farm. Brute force is the only way to go in that one haha!

My personal bug bear missions are coming up soon in my playthrough. The RC missions for Zero (played by David Cross :) ). Oh and driving school is coming up soon too, love that haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Any sign of this on the PS3 or PC?

mikom wrote: »
    Any sign of this on the PS3 or PC?

The game is on Steam for PC. Ignore the 360 version if possible, still enjoyable but very very buggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Advertisement