Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Kalyke wrote: »
    Sub needed to view..... Down with that sort of thing!

Same, copy and paste, its not that diffciult

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

seligehgit wrote: »
    Documentary re the so called curse tomorrow night TG4 at 8.

Well that was some heap of sh**e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

16 Senior clubs in Mayo: 100 tickets x 16= 1600
    16 Intermediate clubs: 80 tickets x 16= 1280
    15 Juniors Clubs: 60 tickets x 15= 900

30 players on the panel so that equals another 300 tickets going out to the clubs.

There are another 100 tickets for hurling clubs I think.

1600 + 1280 + 900 + 300 + 100 = 4180 tickets for Mayo.

And half of those are terrace, so Mayo can expect to have around 2000 fans in the terrace at least.

Terrace holds 13000 so Mayo will occupy about 15% of it, which is still very little

And what would those figures be like if:

(a) we were in the senior final alone
    (b) we were in the minor final alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

did any of ye watch the end of the sunday game where they where on about the all ireland.some very good points talked about,i hope they play there cornor back that they took off after 17mns in the kerry game his confidence will be shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

naughto wrote: »
    did any of ye watch the end of the sunday game where they where on about the all ireland.some very good points talked about,i hope they play there cornor back that they took off after 17mns in the kerry game his confidence will be shot.

Wasn't bad analysis but FFS for an AI final there should be whole show dedicated to it! In fairness to Whelan he knows what he's on about, good pundit. Looking forward to the OTB, Second Captains and most of all the Mayo News podcast and discussion on the game over the week :D

Its hit home now after receiving the first proper printed ticket of the year off the seasonticket crowd that we're in AI final again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

I'd say McMahon will start instead. As I said before he's not a natural corner back but he's an improvement on O'Brien. Cooper is a good footballer, not marker and we can cause serious damage I feel if we let in intelligent, quick ball.

We let in a plethora of long ball into the FF line last year and it nearly always ended up with one of the McGee's coming back out with it. Although I thought Conroy was our best player that day. We do the same this year we'll get far more joy. Not to mention running at speed at the half back line, where I'm sure Gavin is thinking long and hard about what he'll do at 6. I'd rather see Brennan than COS there

No word on Cillian, I assume thet A v B game was yesterday and he'd have played. I'd be surprised if the decision was not made as to whether he's starting. If he is, Horan has a big call at 15. I'm sure Andy will get the nod. If he does take it as a good sign I think- they'll clearly believe he's 100% fit and up to match speed if they're prepared to throw him in ahead of Conroy. I'd go with Andy myself with Conroy a superb man to have to bring off the bench.

My worry is, COC is not deemed fit and Varley gets 13. He's a good honest player but in a place where Dublin are weak we'd be making a serious error leaving Conroy out in favour of Varley.

I do think COC will start. With Conroy to come in if necessary (even early on) we've a super option in case God forbid his shoulder goes again.

It'll be same 15 I'd imagine

Nerves really hitting home now, will be a long week. Need me some tickets quick to calm myself a tad :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Gerry91 wrote: »

No word on Cillian, I assume thet A v B game was yesterday and he'd have played.

Mate in work was up at the Marriott in enfield (I think he said) on Saturday with his kids and CoC was playing for the 10 minutes he was there anyway. He said the game looked fairly intense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Mate in work was up at the Marriott in enfield (I think he said) on Saturday with his kids and CoC was playing for the 10 minutes he was there anyway. He said the game looked fairly intense.

I'm sure it was. It's been 3 weeks (?) since last game so they needed to have a high intensity challenge to get back into gear

Well if that's the case and he came through, he's starting.

Plenty of early quick ball into him and Andy and give those corner backs a thing or two to think about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

That's a good idea. I'm assuming somebody's put in an outrageous bid with no intention of paying for the ticket. As long as more than one person does this it scuppers their attempts to sell it. Or maybe somebody just really, really wants to go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Let them off, whats it to you what they are doing with their ticket.. its not you paying 5k is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Let them off, whats it to you what they are doing with their ticket.. its not you paying 5k is it?

Because tickets are valued at €80, not 5000. 5000 totally knocks out the vast majority of genuine supporters who consequently wont have tickets for the final as so many of them are sold to those who can simply afford them whether they like gaelic or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

tacofries wrote: »
    Because tickets are valued at €80, not 5000. 5000 totally knocks out the vast majority of genuine supporters who consequently wont have tickets for the final as so many of them are sold to those who can simply afford them whether they like gaelic or not.

Then why dont you buy a season ticket? or join Cairde Mayo or whatever other equivalent there is in another county? Why arent you a member of your local club?

If you were any of the above, you'd have a ticket.

Genuine supporters could surely be one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Lads and ladies, I am going to throw in my bid for tickets now even though I know the majority of clubs arent letting them out till friday.

I've been to both the small and the big matches all year,. If you look back in this thread you can see from my posts that I was at FBD games, League games and obviously Championship ones too. I didnt buy a season ticket as I thought at the start of the season that I would be working for the majority of matches, however this proved wrong and I did in fact make it to most.

Now for the plea...... Me and my Dad (who went to all the matches with me) are looking for 2 tickets to the final for anywhere in the stadium. He's a manager for an underage ladies team and helps out with the Lotto 8 times a year but because its a ladies club he does it for, he is not entitled to a ticket.

If you have 1 or 2 to tickets to spare please consider me. Can meet anywhere, and will be up in Dublin on the streets looking for tickets on match day if I havent found any by then, so even if you only have a spare 10minutes before the game then let me know and I can meet.

I'll re-post this again closer to the game.

Cheers,
    Taco

Might watch it back on the rte player?How long into the program are you talking about Naughto?

Then why dont you buy a season ticket? or join Cairde Mayo or whatever other equivalent there is in another county? Why arent you a member of your local club?

If you were any of the above, you'd have a ticket.

Genuine supporters could surely be one of them?

Whither one is a genuine supporter or not does not give touts licence to extort extortionate amounts of money out of an individual.

I think there is no likelihood of Enda Varley starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

I hear Conor Mortimor is on the Dub Hub panel this Friday in Kilmacud, what is his relationship like with the county these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

I hear Conor Mortimor is on the Dub Hub panel this Friday in Kilmacud, what is his relationship like with the county these days?
    Its fine!

km79 wrote: »
    Its fine!

That's good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

That's good.

Yeah it's good that it has all settled down and everyone has moved on. He has been to most of their headquarters games and will be there again supporting them Sunday. He tweeted his hope of them winning again yday!!!
    And why wouldn't he I suppose. He played for mayo for 15 years. Half of his life :D

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah it's good that it has all settled down and everyone has moved on. He has been to most of their headquarters games and will be there again supporting them Sunday. He tweeted his hope of them winning again yday!!!
    And why wouldn't he I suppose. He played for mayo for 15 years. Half of his life :D

I agree, pity his inter county playing career didn't span on a bit more though, a player I enjoyed watching (except against us) the '06 semi-final haunt :( but I seen a bit of him playing for Parnells in the Dublin Championship last year.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Might watch it back on the rte player?How long into the program are you talking about Naughto?

the last 10-15 mins of the sunday game.

they where on about if they play higgins as sweeper then it will hurt us by not being able to push up on the dub backs and put cluxton off his game with the short kick outs.
    he will have to go long if we are standing onthe dub back line toes,i feel or mid field will be to strong for dub midfield,cos it showed that we had 4 if not 5 players waiting for the breaking ball.
    it also showed that when we did win the ball in midfied,that the backs took off up the field to support the forwards.

the only down side is that there is a massive gap behind the backs so we will have to watch that.
    jesus its going to be a long week but just think this night week we will be welcoming home sam

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10198980/

The-Road-to-Croke-Park-2013-Infographic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Cavan played in Croke park this year - so that bit is wrong - dunno about the rest of stats if something like that shows up.

no idea just see it on another site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

They've got the sports mixed up a bit with the big centre circle in background! London stat is wrongly worded too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Cavan played in Croke park this year - so that bit is wrong - dunno about the rest of stats if something like that shows up.
    Did you really have the quote the whole thing???

We're finished,Enda Kenny has tipped us to win Sam!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Did you really have the quote the whole thing???

No but dunno how to do spoilers on phone 😜

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement