Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Orals/Béaltriail Ghaeilge

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭sarahisainmdom

xEmily2011 wrote: »
    Well I got 98% in my mock Oral for Irish, and i guarantee you it was not marked easily cos loads failed it...BUT the real one was horrible...
    Firstly, Donegal examiner in Waterford...Secondly, She asked the most ridiculous questions...

I got 93% in mine (the mock that is), was shocked because I was so nervous and unprepared. I led it completely the wrong way too. And I answered a few questions and she just looked at me like "is that it?". :(

Asked her after if she marked me really easy but she said no. But then I did a mock last week with another teacher and she gave me a B2 and I was far better than in the first one. :confused: I'm guessing she did mark it easy then... That'd mean I did a good bit worse overall too (under 70% I'd say, rather than 76%). :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Mine was today - I'm SO glad to be finished! I never have to speak Irish again :pac:. I think it was alright, but it's really hard to tell. I got asked the normal questions about school, family, hobbies, what I wanted to do in university etc, and also:

-What did I think about events in Japan?
    -Differences between Junior and Leaving Cert :rolleyes: - had to make it up.
    -What I did at lunchtime (oral was straight after lunch)
    -What I did last Summer
    -Had I been to the Gaeltacht before? - led onto whether I watched TG4
    -Did I enjoy learning Irish/Did I like the Irish course - led onto a MC question on what I'd change about the course if I had the choice
    -When I said I played flute in the school orchestra, she asked what other instruments were played.. I think I said guitar :eek: *cringe*
    -I said Home Ec was my favourite subject, so she asked about the practical work and if I liked cooking.
    -What I was going to do after the oral
    -What I do at the weekend

I can't remember anything else - it's a blur when you're in there tbh. She said I had "gaeilge iontach" at the end so hopefully that's a good sign! I really don't know though. :confused: Examiner was lovely and kept laughing at nodding at what I said... in a good way!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I know I should be talking about how my oral went (and it was grand!) but omg, my examiner was so hot :pac: I hadn't met him the first day coz I was out so only saw him at my oral. He was extremely nice too.
    He asked me "cad a deanfaidh tú anocht?" and I just went all red and he laughed at me. But ya, got asked the basics, facebook, school and health system. Had them prepared so happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

Violafy wrote: »
    Mine was today - I'm SO glad to be finished! I never have to speak Irish again :pac:. I think it was alright, but it's really hard to tell. I got asked the normal questions about school, family, hobbies, what I wanted to do in university etc, and also:

-What did I think about events in Japan?
    -Differences between Junior and Leaving Cert :rolleyes: - had to make it up.
    -What I did at lunchtime (oral was straight after lunch)
    -What I did last Summer
    -Had I been to the Gaeltacht before? - led onto whether I watched TG4
    -Did I enjoy learning Irish/Did I like the Irish course - led onto a MC question on what I'd change about the course if I had the choice
    -When I said I played flute in the school orchestra, she asked what other instruments were played.. I think I said guitar :eek: *cringe*
    -I said Home Ec was my favourite subject, so she asked about the practical work and if I liked cooking.
    -What I was going to do after the oral
    -What I do at the weekend

I can't remember anything else - it's a blur when you're in there tbh. She said I had "gaeilge iontach" at the end so hopefully that's a good sign! I really don't know though. :confused: Examiner was lovely and kept laughing at nodding at what I said... in a good way!

how on earth did you get through so much...??
    i kept rambling on about the basics and she didnt stop me really.. it was more like a conversation than her asking me questions like those out of the blue! yeh i got my few MC questions.. where i would live if i could live anywhere etc but that was cause we were talking about holidays. and then talking about college she asked a little about whether i was worried about not getting a job cause of the recession etc and what id do if i didnt get one but it really didnt go much further than that?!! and it was over so quickly felt it lasted a minute or two!

Advertisement