Blonde bull for heifers? - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-04-2012, 11:55   #76
blue5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBanks View Post
Just wondering about crossing Kilmoney Bruce (KCE) on a BYU cow. The cow herself is out of angus cow. Has anybody tried crossing a blonde bull on a blue cow before? The cow is black so I dont want to end up with a mousey coloured calf. I was going to give her CWI but would be interesed to hear if blue cow blonde bull is a good cross.
Ya Robinbanks, bin there done that, won't be doing it again though unless something goes wrong with my angus bull. Had a big dopey calf that died after 3 days. Used a jack, as I thought it was an angus calf when I saw the black feet. Cow is ok but she'll be going towards paying the silage contractor.
Advertisement
03-04-2012, 13:28   #77
Richk2012
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBanks View Post
Just wondering about crossing Kilmoney Bruce (KCE) on a BYU cow. The cow herself is out of angus cow. Has anybody tried crossing a blonde bull on a blue cow before? The cow is black so I dont want to end up with a mousey coloured calf. I was going to give her CWI but would be interesed to hear if blue cow blonde bull is a good cross.
Iv two Kilmoney Bruce calves here out of white belgian blue cows . Very easy calved , (maybe too easy ) .
Both came brown and white . Il put up pictures of them later when i get a chance
03-04-2012, 16:04   #78
leg wax

yes done that and you will have a mousey coloured calf.if she has a heifer calf and you dont like the colour leg wax will take her.i have one at the moment with a stq calf under her and its pure muscle.
03-04-2012, 21:18   #79
RobinBanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leg wax View Post
yes done that and you will have a mousey coloured calf.if she has a heifer calf and you dont like the colour leg wax will take her.i have one at the moment with a stq calf under her and its pure muscle.
Well I ended up giving her CWI legwax. If I had seen ur reply before the A.I man called i might have made a different choice! Ah well as long as she holds in-calf now anyway thats all that matters to me. I used KCE on the red whithead cow that had the good EDJ calf that i showed in the picture thread. That should be a decent cross. I might give KCE to the maine anjou heifers aswell
03-04-2012, 23:18   #80
Bizzum
Closed Account

I haven't crossed a BB with a BA until this year We put a BB on a good BA cow so we shall see what happens.
I have seen super stock off BBX cows and a Part bull.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion