Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

scratched cds

• 22-10-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

i know i know it's all digital now...etc..etc HOWEVER i'm not gonna chuck out my 200 odd cds JUST yet!
    is there ANY reverse to scratch on cds? have heard of putting them overnite in the freezer but eh, not too sure - urban myth? or plain nonsense???
    am i dreaming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

i know i know it's all digital now...etc..etc HOWEVER i'm not gonna chuck out my 200 odd cds JUST yet!
    is there ANY reverse to scratch on cds? have heard of putting them overnite in the freezer but eh, not too sure - urban myth? or plain nonsense???
    am i dreaming?

Eh, data is stored in digital format on a cd :confused:

Plenty of stuff on the interweb on this topic. Use a site called Google and enter the search words "repair scratch cd's"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Maplins occasionally stock a really good disc restorer - I'm sure you will find it in a few other places but may take a bit of legwork . It's basically a pad with a sanding drum on a roller that abrades the top layer of the disc thus reducing the depth of the scratch or eliminating it altogether . There's also a polishing drum for after sanding . It's about €15 and good for around 50 discs . I've used it with great success , even on severely damaged DVDs .

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭wexpat girl

degsie wrote: »
    Eh, data is stored in digital format on a cd :confused:

Plenty of stuff on the interweb on this topic. Use a site called Google and enter the search words "repair scratch cd's"

oh dear, what i meant was MP3 format etc etc :rolleyes: -seems many people don't bother buying CDs anymore, but i like to have them. thanks tho

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭wexpat girl

wow, thanks for that! assumed it to b a lost cause. sorry, but where is Maplins??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

One beside smyths on jarvis st and another in blanchards town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement