Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Seriously, you thought "LET'S ROCK!!" would be a good idea for this thread?

2D Sprites versus 3D models:

2ysqfa.jpg

1htqli.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

How does one pronounce Xrd? X-red? Ten-third?
    I've never actually played a Guilty Gear title, but this certainly looks tasty. I've heard somewhere along the way that it plays simlar to Blazblue. Is this true? If so, I don't think it would really be my kinda gig.

Speaking of rocking though, does anyone know what the track is that's playing over this trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

deathrider wrote: »
    How does one pronounce Xrd? X-red? Ten-third?
    I've never actually played a Guilty Gear title, but this certainly looks tasty. I've heard somewhere along the way that it plays simlar to Blazblue. Is this true? If so, I don't think it would really be my kinda gig.

Speaking of rocking though, does anyone know what the track is that's playing over this trailer?

yea ive never played a GG game either.they are visually striking alright.
    i hear the execution level is very high,so my tarkataness would not fit well in such a game engine,
    it certainly didnt go well when i tried to pick up BB, the pretty colours fooled me into thinking it would be easy to pick up :( having to tech out of combos?!?no thanks :pac:

2 out of three questions answered in the trailer :pac: :

Music: Heavy Day by Daisuke Ishiwatari and Naoki Hashimoto (Daisuke being the game's director)

"Guilty Gear Ex-erd"

Yep, GG is famously high execution. Gameplay wise BB is a sort of simplified GG. Same sort of vibe to both of them as they share a developer. They also share a bunch of techiques like bursts. Some of the characters have very direct comparisons between the games: Ragna/Sol Badguy, Jin/Ky, Tager/Potemkin, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Predict a 2017 European release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Predict a 2017 European release.

damnnn-o.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lol, you joke but this company has a LOT of PR work to do in Europe.

I have to say those 3d models look gdlk.

Oh yeah, since I forgot to mention, those 3D models are amazing.

Watching the trailer I saw the new sprites and though "wow, new HD sprites.. ugh, animation look a little weird. It's like they're flash tweening between frames." Then the camera rotated and I was all "Hooooooolly **** those are 3D models."

Sairus wrote: »
    2 out of three questions answered in the trailer :pac: :

Music: Heavy Day by Daisuke Ishiwatari and Naoki Hashimoto (Daisuke being the game's director)

I see. It's all types of generic, but it's catchy as all hell.
    "Guilty Gear Ex-erd"

Is that what you heard? Your ear must be more finely tuned than mine. To me it sounded more like the dude said "Guilty Gear Egg-Saw" Which would be an interesting title.
    Yep, GG is famously high execution. Gameplay wise BB is a sort of simplified GG. Same sort of vibe to both of them as they share a developer. They also share a bunch of techiques like bursts. Some of the characters have very direct comparisons between the games: Ragna/Sol Badguy, Jin/Ky, Tager/Potemkin, etc.

Deathrider has left the building! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

PC release in or before 2014 and I'm there.

Guess I'm unlikely to be in there.

• Advertisement

Also, one last thing. Sol's new sword is a giant cigarette lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Deathrider has left the building! :pac:
    I find that GG combos/moves flow better than BB, and you don't have to memorise massive combos to help you win the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

It looks incredible.

ibfuMz81jVoMa6.gif

Whether it plays as well as its predecessors will be another matter, but I'm super-hype for this anyway.

e: http://i.imgur.com/BzOfvAy.jpg (linked for hugeness)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Is it actually possible that they make a GG game with a pronounceable title? :D

fkpkr6.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, I'll prob rename the thread so people can use it for discussion soon as I figure out how you're supposed to spell it :D

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I find that GG combos/moves flow better than BB, and you don't have to memorise massive combos to help you win the round.

I'll probably give it a shot anyways to check it out as I've never played a GG game before.

Actually, are there any GGs available for Xbox360 or PS3 that I could pick up to test drive the series?

Actually, are there any GGs available for Xbox360 or PS3 that I could pick up to test drive the series?
    GGXXACP is out on 360 at the moment with the +R DLC coming eventually.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/GGXXACP/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111dd

Welcome to the wonderful world of Guilty Gear naming conventions.

GGXXACP is out on 360 at the moment with the +R DLC coming eventually.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/GGXXACP/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111dd

Welcome to the wonderful world of Guilty Gear naming conventions.

Ah, cool. Cheers, man. Does this game
    have a disc release? It would probably be handier for me in the long run than attempting to download it, as my Xbox is next to never online.

• Advertisement

Ah, cool. Cheers, man. Does this game
    have a disc release? It would probably be handier for me in the long run than attempting to download it, as my Xbox is next to never online.

Nope. The bonkers GG2: Overture got a disk release, but it's actually a 3rd person action strategy brawler thing and has very little to do with GG, so don't be fooled by it.

If you have a Wii GGXXAC was released on disk for that. Aside from that you'll need a digital copy.

Nope. The bonkers GG2: Overture got a disk release, but it's actually a 3rd person action strategy brawler thing and has very little to do with GG, so don't be fooled by it.

If you have a Wii GGXXAC was released on disk for that. Aside from that you'll need a digital copy.

Nope, no Wii in my gaff so I'll see what I can do about getting my hands on the XBLA edition. Cheers for tge info, dude.
    I'm actually quite intrigued by the Overture idea. I'll give it a youtubing later on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

There is a PAL PS2 release of AC+, it's fairly uncommon but isn't in terribly high demand so should still be easy to find cheap online.

There's also the classic Guilty Gear XX #Reload on PC/Mac for $6: http://www.gog.com/gamecard/guilty_gear_x2_reload (digital download)

There is a PAL PS2 release of AC+, it's fairly uncommon but isn't in terribly high demand so should still be easy to find cheap online.

That's even better than an Xbox360 release to me, as I'm a ridiculous PS2 fanboy. I'll hunt that version down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Last time I looked it was like £10 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This does look pretty indeed.

Will be interesting to see what size the character roster is.

Wonder if this will kill any chance BB:CP had of being successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

You can't begin to compare GG to BB, BB is a watered down GG in almost every aspect of the game. The execution barrier is a lot higher than an average fighting game, even for most characters, the combo system is a lot different and there are so many system mechanics in GG, there is quite a high entry level and learning curve. The game's play a lot different than a conventional fighting game, footsies aren't really existent, even how you space and zone is also different. The combo system is beautiful though

Is this a new title or a rehash of AC with new graphics? I ask because in the trailer Sol was doing a dust loop, that isn't doable in AC but was in Reload. Either way, some balance changes are a MUST if this game is going to succeed. Altho, I am kind of going against my own word because I hated HDR non classic mode. AC had a lot of crazy broken ****, I'm an Eddie player so I should know :P

Ramza wrote: »
    You can't begin to compare GG to BB, BB is a watered down GG in almost every aspect of the game. The execution barrier is a lot higher than an average fighting game, even for most characters, the combo system is a lot different and there are so many system mechanics in GG, there is quite a high entry level and learning curve. The game's play a lot different than a conventional fighting game, footsies aren't really existent, even how you space and zone is also different. The combo system is beautiful though

Is this a new title or a rehash of AC with new graphics? I ask because in the trailer Sol was doing a dust loop, that isn't doable in AC but was in Reload. Either way, some balance changes are a MUST if this game is going to succeed. Altho, I am kind of going against my own word because I hated HDR non classic mode. AC had a lot of crazy broken ****, I'm an Eddie player so I should know :P
    New title, it's set 1 year after Guilty Gear 2: Ouverture canonically.

Also:
    Sometimes however I think a little imbalance is healthy. If all the characters were perfectly balanced would this make a game more fun? I don’t think it would. There is something to be enjoyed in using a ‘weaker’ character to defeat an opponent who is using a ‘stronger’ character – I think that kind of battle can be fun.

• Advertisement

Quick post to report that GG XX #Reload works pretty nicely on Mac.

And video reposts:

Advertisement