Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

joe123 wrote: »
    Is anyone else a bit pissed off at this releasing a new version already....I know its done with the likes of Fifa but I thought Street Fighter 4 would be THE game for at least a few years,with so many people taking it serious and learning the game.

This is for Street Fighter II. I could get the Alpha and Street Fighter III dates if you want too, not to mention King of Fighters!

Release date(s) Arcade
    March 1991
    April 1992 (Champion Edition)
    December 1992 (Hyper Fighting)
    October 1993 (Super)
    April 1994 (Super Turbo)

In just over three years they released five versions of Street Fighter II in the arcade. I think the SNES had three versions in three years too.

Don't know why anyone expected a major revision for this game to be two years down the line.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Its in line with what they have done with previous versions of Street Fighter, a new release about a year after the first one.

The difference is this time they have the option of smaller updates via patches or DLC.

If they wanted to simply try and balance SF IV better they could of just released a patch. They could of justified by releasing that as a patch because it would cost too much and people where demanding it. But I can understand the idea behind releasing an updated version with improved online functionality and new characters, balance tweaks and probably bonus stages. People where also demanding these changes but I can't imagine they could justify developing all this and then merely updating the game with a patch.

Ono has said that while not expansion the game will not be priced as a full price game but as a budget title. Since SF IV only cost €39.99 on each platform I would assume the update at most is going cost €29.99, with and outside chance that it could be slightly lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

This is for Street Fighter II. I could get the Alpha and Street Fighter III dates if you want too, not to mention King of Fighters!

Release date(s) Arcade
    March 1991
    October 1993 (Super)
    April 1994 (Super Turbo)

In just over three years they released five versions of Street Fighter II in the arcade. I think the SNES had three versions in three years too.

Don't know why anyone expected a major revision for this game to be two years down the line.

Yeah but in fairness, those entailed simple game play and the revision hardly changed the gaming system or introduce a bunch of new characters

sf4 is well in depth, requires a lot of practice etc, this all goes down the drain, further more after the 3rd release thats it, cya forever capcom so some sort of slow pace wouldnt go astray

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Release date(s) Arcade
    March 1991
    October 1993 (Super)
    April 1994 (Super Turbo)

Thats fair enough but apart from them actually tweaking the system (where alot of practice will go to waste one major aspect has changed and thats online. Alot of the lasting appeal to street fighter 4 was the ability to always find a match online. Thats going to decrease a hell of alot now with the new game coming out in Febuary.

Really pissed off to be honest. If its under 20 quid then maybe but anything over that and its a joke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it's fair enough and totally expected going by the updates of all past capcom fighters. Looks like a big enough improvement to warrat what they say will be a lower price point and SFIV was 40 euros on release, practically budget price. It's not like you are shelling out another 100+ euros for an expensive cartridge for a reblanced game and 4 new characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I don't think the time spent playing SFIV is going to waste as I don't think the core gameplay is going to change that much.

The ultras won't change the wasy you play aside from giving you an extra option in some situations.
    The new characters just mean something else to play and learn.

Also is Spring '10 the arcade or the console release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ill be buying it day one on both consoles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

lol @ T Hawk's Ultra.

Juri's one looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Jim wrote: »
    Juri's one looks class.

It also looks like it will get really annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

bush wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The new announcer sounds like Mr T!

"I pity the fool who takes big damage!"

Just realised that Juri's ultra bar has a roman numeral II while T. Hawks has I. Have they explained this stuff officially yet? Are they pre-selected or what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

is the chick a charge char? Cause if shes not.. I got a new main :D

.. And my god at T-hawk.. think we got a new top tier for Ultra damage... Step a side Blanka...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

animaX wrote: »
    Just realised that Juri's ultra bar has a roman numeral II while T. Hawks has I. Have they explained this stuff officially yet? Are they pre-selected or what?!

Nothing offcial yet regarding the ultras.
    is the chick a charge char? Cause if shes not.. I got a new main :D

.. And my god at T-hawk.. think we got a new top tier for Ultra damage... Step a side Blanka...

I would guess from the vid that she's an input character. You can her bob up and down every so often doing the QCF x 2 dance.

If I had to guess I don't think ther will be much charge char love in these new characters. Dee Jay better be damn awesome.

Good good :D because I was looking at the vid there, and was looking at her 6 Hit leg combo thing... With some practice I would imagine that kick could be easily managed into an Ultra :o

Want.. :(

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I'll take great pleasure in fisting the eyesocket of up and coming Dudley players with extreme prejudice. There can only be one Boxer, lads.

Well then, let's fight like gentlemen!

That new announcer is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

bush wrote: »

eh why?

joe123 wrote: »
    eh why?

Cos im capcoms bitch

Will be getting it on xbox and pc here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Probably wont be on PC straight away as usual. But I feel a little better about buying a ps3 just for SF4 now, as I can use it for SSF4 now too hehe...

Gotta say, FAR more impressed with Juri now that I've seen her in motion compared to when I just saw her screen shots.

Someone on SRK said it best, the screen shots just made her look like skinning mod on SF4 PC . Rather then a new character.

As for the talk of being pissed at a new version of street fighter so soon? Its not out tomorrow guys, characters inputs aint all of a sudden gonna change, hopefully this will remove and tweak some of the aspects of SF4 that needs tweaking. I for one will be pissed if all this did was add characters and nothing more, I want some gameplay changes. They better add some new stages too. I look forward to this, I don't expect it any time soon however.

Summer 2010 seems most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Thought you didn't like playing player matches :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Too soon? are you people mental?

SF IV hit the arcade since July 2008.
    If you want to call the Console version Champ edition, it was released in Feb 09.
    Super Street Fighter IV won't be released until at least feb - may 2010 just shy off 2 years after the original.

The game needs updating. this is a good thing.

As for price I bought SF IV a week before launch for €23, it can't get much cheaper than that.

Dlc would fracture the online, a stand alone will be bought by at least all the serious players so you have no worries about finding a game.

as for Juri I reckon she has some chain inputs.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Can I ask you where you got it so cheap?

shopto.net

Best games site there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Too soon? are you people mental?

SF IV hit the arcade since July 2008.
    If you want to call the Console version Champ edition, it was released in Feb 09.
    Super Street Fighter IV won't be released until at least feb - may 2010 just shy off 2 years after the original.

The game needs updating. this is a good thing.

Yeah it needs a bit of tweaking and balancing that could easily be done in the form of a patch. It doesn't need tonnes of new characters and pretty heavy gameplay changes.

Well im agreed, there has to be some game play changes like ridiculous srk inputs..

New characters should be fun tho,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

A high quality video of the T. Hawk vs Juri video posted earlier if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

"So, unfortunately, I'm sorry to say to arcade fans out there: there won't be an arcade version of this," Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono told website GamesReactor. I think a lot of people were kind of requesting an arcade update. I know that, in some parts of the world, it doesn't really matter if there's an arcade version or not," he told GamesReactor.

Interesting. Although I can't and probably never will play SF4 in an arcade this has kinda pissed me off. No mention of a PC version either :(

http://kotaku.com/5370877/super-street-fighter-iv-is-not-coming-to-arcades

http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/19583/GRTV:+Super+Street+Fighter+IV/

Advertisement