Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleknock on Ice

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Glad they have lessons :D

Have recently been getting interested in Ice Hockey, so it's all falling into place :)

Theyre starting a team saturday 21/1/12 10 am for 2 hours, skating skills first, then hockey, with teams for the over18s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 victap8

I was there for hockey on Wednesday, good night! Come for some more on Wednesday, i think it's at 9 pm? and for the beginners theres a night on Thursday, not sure what time, check their facebook! :)

victap8 wrote: »
    I was there for hockey on Wednesday, good night! Come for some more on Wednesday, i think it's at 9 pm? and for the beginners theres a night on Thursday, not sure what time,

I went the first Wednesday and was gonna get killed playing with the lads, but I think Thursday nights are gonna be for beginners now... twill be brill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Icehockey

Stinjy wrote: »
    victap8 wrote: »
    I was there for hockey on Wednesday, good night! Come for some more on Wednesday, i think it's at 9 pm? and for the beginners theres a night on Thursday, not sure what time,

I went the first Wednesday and was gonna get killed playing with the lads, but I think Thursday nights are gonna be for beginners now... twill be brill :D

Thanks Vic

Thursdays is team training night and Wed is pick up hockey

All details are on FB under Stuart John Hockey and we are also running a learn to play for kids with the help of our local rink

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

thinking of heading down to this hockey, any more info on it? what levels are the teams?

• Advertisement

hey melekalikimaka,(hope I've spelled that right :P ),

Any way there is a hockey night on Thursdays if you're a beginner (or advanced) beginner from 8 untill 9.15 I believe, and advanced from 9.15 to 10.30 Pick up is Wednesday nights , not too sure of the time (probably around 9, for people with their own gear etc..)

They run a Saturday class aswell, from 11-12 if you're over 12, and from 10-11 I think for under 12s? (could be wrong)

Both definately worth going to, how ever I find the Thursday alot more of a training session and the Saturday's more of a skating / really basic, So if you're confident/ think you'd get confident quick Thursdays are defo the ones to go to! :)

Sticks and skates provided :) men and women playing :)

Hope it helps, :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

cool, well i have my own skates, fairly confident skater, working the rinks for a few years, might be bit old for the over 12's, mid twenties... so what might be the best to go down to?

well I was in over 12's and it ranged from 12 to about 40 :p however I prefer thursday nights myself, its drills and learning to play, if youve not played before i'd advise rhe 8 to 9 15 session, if you have played before the 9 15 session , or even for the first week come to the first one and see if its too begimner, if it is then stick around for the second?

any one know any thing about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Stinjy wrote: »
    any one know any thing about this?

Great to see so many different politicians behind it. Hopefully it stays open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Is this still open does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Yep, its still going. Unfortunately Santry has closed but this one is still running

Advertisement