Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the end of slane?

• 14-06-2005 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

80,000 people, most of em scum, slane's gonna burn!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭disillusioned

i guess time will tell whether the fans behave responsibly.......... :rolleyes:

the first time i went to slane i saw neil young - now there's a musician!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

Did'nt it burn down a few years back??? ;)

has anyone thought how good it would be for the country if we organised a massive napalm drop on slane that day. I mean when else are we gonna have every chav/skanger/knacker/dole scrounger/wigger in the same big field.

We should petition Bertie to organise it.....whos with me on this???

(I wait with baited breath for puffpuffpass's response)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

napalm strike is a bit excessive, how bout we put some neuter agent in the beer or hash?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i think that's overly cruel s8n (but then, look at your nick!).

how about a big wall all around the venue then when everyones in just close the door and fill it with cement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭disillusioned

they all seem like interesting ideas.....

maybe it is all a hoax to gather a certain element of society in one place - could it be Ireland's largest ever lineup?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

would be v interesting to see exactly how much crime would fall in dublin, if they were all exterminated at slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Guys - we should be sending in psychiatrists rather than death...

These "eminem" fans are just sheep, too dumb to realise how fake and uninspiring eminem is. They are lost souls who are clinging onto the dream of being an athlete (that is why they dress in tracksuits, no?) or rapper.

Give them pity, not hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

end of story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

jim"bling" as in... bling bling? j-lo, champagne, bentleys?

end of story

no.. thats not what it means at all.... hilariously funny though....

• Advertisement

im not a massive rap fan... but i do respect them, and i enjoy listening to it because I can understand how difficult it is to do what they do. Eminems only mistake in my book is this kinda selling out he has done in the last few years, which is resulting in all the 10 - 15 year olds that will be at that concert you want to blow up....

to even remotelly think it will be all scum at an eminem concert is absurd.... think about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Napalm strike it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Deadwing wrote:
    Napalm strike it is so
    Make it interesting, give them all weapons of some discription and watch it unfold on Sky News, than add in some drug (more that is)!!!Popcorn and some drinks happy days!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

vibe666 wrote:
    how about a big wall all around the venue then when everyones in just close the door and fill it with cement?

They would probably rob the cement. I like the napalm idea, or you could just drop an atomic bomb on Slane.. hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mangler

It will be the safest night to go out in town at least, all the scum and wannabe gansta's will be in Slaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I've seen a couple of topics like this in various places and they're absolutely ridiculous. People actually seem to believe that an Eminem gig will mean 'loads of scumbags and the streets will be safe elsewhere'. Why would a rap fan be a scumbag necessarily? I've no interest in rap whatsoever but I'd say the vast majority of the people there will have no interest in anything but the music - same as with every other band that's ever played ther elike the Verve etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Agreed Andrew.. some people like Eminem, some don't. Some people like Robbie Williams, some don't. Some people like Death Angels from Norway, some don't. You can't go around tarring everyone with the same brush. Theres always going to be some people who complain no matter who plays where, be it Oxegen or Slane... grow up and let people enjoy what they like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Kali wrote:
    Death Angels from Norway,

:D

Black Metal dude...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Ahem......did you not see the scenes in Navan alone for when tey were only purchasing the tickets?........5 people arrested for rioting.......that says alot.

Slane has just gone to ****e big time with this line-up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

guys its going to be an amazing concert. and who ever doesnot like it then just donot go simple as that. those guys who donot like it then they can go to oxegen or marley park.

anyway good luck and whoevers going to slane"its going to be amazing":D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Ahem......did you not see the scenes in Navan alone for when tey were only purchasing the tickets?........5 people arrested for rioting.......that says alot.

Slane has just gone to ****e big time with this line-up!!

Yup, cos there was absolutely no rioting when tickets for U2 in slane sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Oh yeah and Slane is pretty dead anyway, especially with Electric Picnic, Bud Rising and Oxegen. There's nothing unique about it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Wassup fellas, envious cos you don't have yer tickets next to ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

As a result of the line-up, Slane will have a higher percentage of scum-bags than ever before. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being extremely naive.

That being said, fans of every genre of music have a right to see their top acts, live in this country, and good luck to everyone heading to Slane.

Personally, I would prefer to consume a pound of my own flesh than go, but I hope everyone enjoys the gig that does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Neil3030 wrote:
    Personally, I would prefer to consume a pound of my own flesh than go, but I hope everyone enjoys the gig that does!

agreed... though I did flirt with the idea of getting a ticket and bringing my modified Kar98 so I could take out the meanest rapper on earth, knee-cap me for 50 cent? (since when is that something you would brag about?)
    as for Napalming the event, not a good idea, it's illegal... but you could use Mk77 ;)

Advertisement