Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

snowboard gear

Options
  • 18-01-2015 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi everyone!

I was wondering where does everyone buy their snowboard gear? I searched here in the forum and found a old thread suggesting snow and rock and great oudoors stores but as far as I can see great oudoor doesnt sell boards, boots or bindings and snow and rock you cant really check their stock here in Ireland... So do you guys just buy online or is there other place to go to? I dont have any gear (apart from jacket,goggles,etc) so I was looking to buy boots first but I wouldnt be very confident buying them online in case they dont fit properly...

PS: I am going to Pas de la Casa mid February, should I just wait and try to buy there? I heard that it used to be cheap but it is not so cheap anymore...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

I've bought plenty in snow and rock but get most things online as I know what I want and the size I want it in. Boots I would buy in a shop if it's your first pair. Snow and rock can heat mould them for you. I would suggest you buy them in the summer to save a bit. Boards I get online.

Start with boots. If you want a board you'll need to figure out the type of board and then which of the many available is for you. Renting will help you to decide if there's a good selection. And a board bag to transport it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zEmo23

I've bought plenty in snow and rock but get most things online as I know what I want and the size I want it in. Boots I would buy in a shop if it's your first pair. Snow and rock can heat mould them for you. I would suggest you buy them in the summer to save a bit. Boards I get online.

Start with boots. If you want a board you'll need to figure out the type of board and then which of the many available is for you. Renting will help you to decide if there's a good selection. And a board bag to transport it in.

Well I am going to snowboard twice this year so I was thinking it would be a good time to get the boots at least... Do they have a good stock in snow and rock? I have never been there.

zEmo23 wrote: »
    Well I am going to snowboard twice this year so I was thinking it would be a good time to get the boots at least... Do they have a good stock in snow and rock? I have never been there.

They have enough to help you decide. To be fair with boots it's all about fit and lacing system. Not sure about pricing at the moment. Even if going once a year it's worth considering getting boots. Having a pair that fit your feet will make the world of difference.

I need to drop in this week with my boards if you want me to take a look at what's on offer.

They have enough to help you decide. To be fair with boots it's all about fit and lacing system. Not sure about pricing at the moment. Even if going once a year it's worth considering getting boots. Having a pair that fit your feet will make the world of difference.

I need to drop in this week with my boards if you want me to take a look at what's on offer.

Thanks very much! I will try to make my way there tomorrow and if I cant tomorrow I will definitely go Friday! But sure, if you go there before that and if you can have a look that would perfect!

Fairly good selection there if you haven't been. Burton Moto are €160 I think. Around the same price as blue-tomato.com except you can try them on in store first and heat mold.

• Advertisement

Fairly good selection there if you haven't been. Burton Moto are €160 I think. Around the same price as blue-tomato.com except you can try them on in store first and heat mold.

Hey! I should have updated the thread. I actually went there myself and bought the moto! I have read a few reviews and they look good, more importantly I felt really comfortable so I'm happy! The guy didn't mention anything about heat molding so I thought they didn't do it... How important is it?

PS. Thanks for getting back to me!

The moto liner is heat moldable. You could give them a call or do what others do and wear them around the house for a while.

The moto liner is heat moldable. You could give them a call or do what others do and wear them around the house for a while.

OK, I think I'll just wear them today. Thanks!

Advertisement