Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Cowboy Cerrone Appreciation Thread

Options
  • 14-01-2015 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Im a huge fan of Donald and Im sure there is plenty around here. Never refuses a bout and seeks to fight the best around. Two co main events within a month of each other. Really hope he can finally beat Henderson and queitly confident he can. His ground game has improved hugely since they last fought back in 2010. Cmon Cowboy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Cowboy's awesome and I really hope he beats Henderson...but if we keep going like this every fighter is gonna have their own thread soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Can't wait for Cerrone on embedded this week, I hear he's flying into outer space this time for his pre fight thrill.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I didn't like him at first but recently I grew to respect his attitude and fighting style but unfortunately I think Henderson will decision him. As cool as he is I can't imagine him ever being champ as he doesn't play the game, but I will always be interested in his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Easily my favorite fighter apart from the Irish lads. Loved him since his WEC days. Was impressed with him against Myles Jury even though he was upset. Thought his Ju Jitsu game in that first round was beautiful.

Can see him taking a SD against Henderson. Should be a great fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Donald%2BCerrone%2BBrutally%2BKicks%2BMyles%2BJury%2BUFC%2B182.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Da.kid

Every fighter may have there own thread but Cowboy is so unique he deserves this :P
    He was hugely impressive against Jury, he cut of the distance well and his leg kicks were devastating. He has to calm down with activities during fight week cause Dana is on his back about getting injured. Cant wait for his appearances on the embedded vlog too, also, UFC have a two part, 40 minute documentary about Cowboy on their youtube channel. He gives a great insight into a fighters mindset pre fight.

TimRiggins.. Agree 100 percent. That first was so controlled by Cerrone after Jury had taken him down. I also have my money on a split decision for Cowboy. The former champ is a very tall order though. Heres hoping 2015 will be the year of the Cowboy and he finally his title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've loved Cowboy since back in the days when WEC were putting on the most ridiculously stacked cards imaginable. But I can't shake that story I heard from Bobby Green about him being at the UFC expo and groping lads girlfriends before basically saying "What are they gonna do about it?". I'd like to believe it's not true but because i'm not sure, there's always that little thing in the back of my mind telling me he's a d*ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Pretty cool video narrated by cowboy on youtube vFX0bfaEvsQ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Beersmith wrote: »
    Pretty cool video narrated by cowboy on youtube vFX0bfaEvsQ

That was really cool. I gotta fight in a charity boxing event in 8 weeks for the first time ever, so it's good to see the mix of emotions even the pros go through.

Embedded it for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Here's the full video that the one above is taken from. I'm finding it very difficult to not be a fan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

theteal wrote: »
    Here's the full video that the one above is taken from. I'm finding it very difficult to not be a fan

Heres the first part

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

While we wait for the fight who would win a fight between Bensons mother versus Donalds Grandmother?.

Tough one, but Cowboy reckons his grandmother would take Rousey so I'll go for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

califano wrote: »
    While we wait for the fight who would win a fight between Bensons mother versus Donalds Grandmother?.

Hmm tough one. Ma Henderson has very questionable submission defence and it's widely acknowledged that nana Cerrone is getting very chinny in her old age.

I'll go with Cowboys nana if she can keep it on the mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Me too, Henderson's mother seems too docile and wouldn't demonstrate the requisite level of octagon control. And even with the age difference advantage i wouldnt be surprised if Mrs Henderson gasses first.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thought Cowboy looked fairly jaded for much of the Henderson fight. Two weight cuts in 15 days has to be very draining. Should really take some time off to rest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Da.kid

He is taking time off now. Agreed that he didnt look too fresh against Benson.

Looks like Cowboy has to take the scenic route to a title shot. Khabib next and its a tall order, undefeated, already defeated the next title challenger dos Anjos convicingly. What do we reckon?

Da.kid wrote: »
    He is taking time off now. Agreed that he didnt look too fresh against Benson.

Looks like Cowboy has to take the scenic route to a title shot. Khabib next and its a tall order, undefeated, already defeated the next title challenger dos Anjos convicingly. What do we reckon?

Khabib will beat him, pains me to say it.

Cowboy will always be a bridesmaid unfortunately

• Advertisement
Advertisement