Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Finished it this evening. Was really worried getting near the end as I was loving it, and I was fearing some big nose dive near the end due to all the complaints about the ending.

I liked it, won't say any more than that, not a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

How many hours did you clock up? I'm on 20 hours and finally just met up with Tali!

27 I think, and I had no side missions left when I started towards the end.

I was on the edge of my seat for the last 4 hours of the game, I thought it was great, its no ME1, but still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Having not read any reviews of this yet, I'm wondering if the traditional RPG elements are as toned down as they were in the last game? I'm a Kleptomaniac in RPGs and really missed the searching around for odd items/valuable weapons.

Having not read any reviews of this yet, I'm wondering if the RPG elements are as toned down as they were in the last game?

They are pretty much the same as in ME2, but guns have some customization aspects as in ME1, just presented differently.

I think the conversations were toned down in ME3 tho, in 1 & 2, you could talk to people and crew mates for ages about numerous topics, people in ME3 just aren't as talkative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just back from Gamestop with the Mass Effect 3 pre-order dog tags, never got them on release day as they only got a few in , but they have since got more in.

Might be worth your while checking in with the store that you pre-ordered and bought the game in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dunno if its the same thing but saw a pile of N7 keyrings in GAME Dundrum at the back of the counter for €5 a pop.

So can't get the game stocked but the accessories come in, eh GAME? Kinda defeats the purpose of yer name there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I got a achievement for completing all the N7 Missions is there really that few of them. Besides the main campaign missions is there any other missions besides the N7 ones, even though the scanning is MUCH quicker it still bores the hell out of me.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Dunno if its the same thing but saw a pile of N7 keyrings in GAME Dundrum at the back of the counter for €5 a pop.

So can't get the game stocked but the accessories come in, eh GAME? Kinda defeats the purpose of yer name there....

Wow thats all kinds of rediculous!
    GTR63 wrote: »
    I got a achievement for completing all the N7 Missions is there really that few of them. Besides the main campaign missions is there any other missions besides the N7 ones, even though the scanning is MUCH quicker it still bores the hell out of me.

Yeah, I think there are only 6 or 7 missions. Saw my trophy for it levelling up and thinking it must be for something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone else have a problem with the game crashing on ps3. It keeps happening during loading screens on the citadel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Anyone else have a problem with the game crashing on ps3. It keeps happening during loading screens on the citadel.

Not for me, but the lag in presidium is really bad

Notorioux wrote: »
    Not for me, but the lag in presidium is really bad

Ya I get very bad lag on the Citadel as well, not crashing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

No problems here , did my first play-through with around 50 hours played and not one in game crash.

Did have it lock up once though when it was checking for download content. I saved often and backed them up just to be safe if something went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Anyone get the collectors edition of the game is it worth the money

So it seems EA are having a special challenge weekend for the MP. Defeat the Reaper enemy on Silver or higher for a special item box to unlock one of the "N7" weapons as part of a pre-order in the MP mode (they cant be obtained any other way in MP). Also, if all players collectively kill 1 million Brutes then everyone gets a special Victory pack. Offer expires on Monday. Seems like a good excuse to get in on some ME3 MP action.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/16/mass-effect-3-multiplayer-data-released-weekend-event-awards-unique-item-pack-for-reaper-genocide/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just finished ME3 there, I never got enough War Assets to get the Master and Commander achievement & I finished all of the dire fetch quest side missions that I could find. The last mission was a bit of a let down the cut scenes were great but if i'm honest. Like a lot of people I didn't enjoy the bad and dragged out ending. 8/10 for me and closer to a 7 than a 9 suprised i'm writing that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So what the multiplayer like folks?
    I havent got the game yet,far too many unfinished games to get through but im very keen to learn if the MP is any good and had lasting appeal?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »
    So what the multiplayer like folks?
    I havent got the game yet,far too many unfinished games to get through but im very keen to learn if the MP is any good and had lasting appeal?

I really enjoyed it. Not sure if it has much lasting appeal, but it's a good addition to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'm not big into multiplayer in most games i buy primarily as single player, but ME3's MP Co-op is utterly brilliant!

It reminds me very slightly of left4dead. Upgrading weapons and skills takes a lot of time, and progressing from the easy difficuly of bronze onto silver and gold takes a lot of gaming. For me anyways. plus its got all the classes to play with and unlock various different races with new abilities.
    in short its Absolutely great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Damn, just saw the ME3 ad on tv. Must...resist...buying...now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If anyone fancies some co-op games, my username is Kiith_Sa (pc only). Gonna play for a few games now.

am on too, origin name: sprucelee76

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

I'd be up for a few games too

Origin: ConmanTheKiller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Is the multiplayer co-op or what?

danthefan wrote: »
    Is the multiplayer co-op or what?

Team of 4 taking on 10 waves of NPC enemies. Damn good fun if ya like survival arena shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Looking for MP players.

Origin name below.

added the three of ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone having an issue accessing the Holding Docks on the Citadel. Every time I chose that as my destination in the elevator I get a black screen. The controller is unresponsive and I have to power down the PS3.

how long is your play time so far josey? Im 22 hours in, had no problems accessing places.

I see Bioware is listening to feedback about the ending and I saw something about DLC for 'closure'. As much as I want to see the ending to see what the fuss is all about, I'm happy taking my time enjoying the game. Right now though, about 5 people want to me me on the citadel to have a laugh and take break fron the war!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Question about the scanning malarky. Am I right in thinking I can just scan away, getting killed as much as I like until I've found everything with no consequences or does dying cost you in some way?

Advertisement