Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE Player on PS3 not working for some time...

• 21-01-2015 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Apologies in advance - this is probably the wrong forum (but I'm not sure which would be the correct one).

Does anyone know what the situation is here? If I go into RTE Player on my PS3 I get a message that just says:

"RTE Player is no longer available on Playstation 3"

Just wondering why...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Because RTE are a shoddy organisation and didn't want to pay Sony the fees to have the app updated. RTE player on PS3 was garbage anyway (it's garbage full stop to be fair).

***This is just guessing by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

I thought that while it wasn't perfect it was useful....

It just seems odd the way that they're saying that usage of their streaming service has grown hugely what with consoles / iPads / PCs / phones / tablets etc being used to stop supporting PS3. Don't we have one of the highest penetration of PS3 consoles in the world?

Anyway... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭ei9go

I reported an issue with an LG smart TV to them.

It would play the program until the first ads and then not restart after the ad break.

Answer received: We do not support Smart Tv's

Need I comment further !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I suppose that suggests that they are not very smart themselves.

Advertisement